Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I know you so would like to be whoooping it up kicking those size 4 high but its apparent now that knee needs rest as sudden movement and the OWs so rest my friend

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I agree with @Legin I'm afraid Ann, you just need to rest.
Having that arthroscopy in August was the worst thing I could have done, I was in pain before, but I could continue a normal life, but once he'd operated I couldn't walk, cycle, anything! Luckily I spent September on a sun lounger in France, but couldn't go off and enjoy the holiday. The cortisone injection I pleaded for got me through October and November, until the TKR, which I can say, just this week, I'm pleased I had!
 
Hi @busylizzie

I really did have a lovely afternoon. She's having the same issues as me. She thought the silver bangles were lovely and welled up when she read the positive inscriptions on each one. Even better they fitted.

I'd got myself into a right state. I wrote out her birthday card this morning, my phone rang, I answered it hobbled across to look out the window. Then out of the corner of my eye I noticed something pink floating in the washing up bowl of water. Somehow the envelope off the card had ended up in there. I wanted to scream. So before my friend got here, I was in a right state because of her card and the fact that the bangles might not have fitted. I needn't have worried. She laughed her head off when she saw the greasy remnant that was the envelope to her card.

She stayed most of the afternoon. She's going to pick me up and we are going to visit an ex colleague, who's stayed in touch with both of us. This will be the second week of March. She's moved house and wants us to see her new place.

Trouble is it's quite a distance from here x

How are you today Busylizzie? X

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hi @ Nana moon 27, laughter certainly is a good tonic. I am glad you had a good day.

My kneecap moved in the night and is giving me some problems. Like you I need a fix as soon as possible.

Take care my friend, thinking of you as always
 
Anne, I'm so glad you had a good time with your friend. I think there needs to be a fridge magnet with the phrase:
Friends make good anti depressants and pain killers.
It will be good if you go out with her to visit your ex colleague, getting out and about is so good for us.
 
Right, a quick update. I'm in a little less pain tonight. I've not had to go get my top up meds yet, yaaaay!!!

I'm very tired so I'm going to attempt some sleep. Please take care and I hope you all get a good nights sleep or have a fabulous day whatever you're doing.

Night all x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Nope my left knee has other ideas. The bone pain is very bad, a 7/8. Going to take top up med now x x x
 
The top up has took the edge off but ouch that left knee is bad x x x it's a beautiful day here, the sun is shining, I've got the bedroom window open listening to the birds singing. It's lovely. V tired. Med knocked me for six x
 
Hubby's gone out this morning. I thought oh yes, I'm gonna do this and that, top up and pain meds seem to have worked. He came upstairs, looked right at me (he doesn't make much eye contact as a rule) and said "you are not to do anything until I come back, I mean it Ann". So I have to be a good girl.

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better! [URL='https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https://aka.weightwatchers.com/images/1033/dynamic/articles/2011/10/HungryGirl_blog_n_lg.jpg&imgrefurl=https://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum%3D1%26art_id%3D115231%26cid%3Dsm_fb&h=216&w=216&tbnid=BzccllVgQ-oMKM:&zoom=1&docid=8i1TRr8TZPZ7jM&hl=en&ei=3T7wVLaDEojV7QaV1YCACA&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CAsQMygDMAM4ZA'] [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better! [/URL]
 
Hi @Ellejay,

I know but I still ended up doing stuff. My son phoned. He's now working in Birmingham as a team leader in a warehouse distribution. Dealing with orders, liaising with customers, overseeing the workload for the guys working there. Any how I got this "moooooooooom" "yes son?" "You know you're the bacon buttie queen and no one does em like you, any chance?????" "Yes son" "mooooom an a coffee please,?" "Yes son" end of conversation. So yes I was a good mommy and made her darling little treasure (sarcasm) a bacon buttie and a coffee. His phone rang and I was amazed at his confidence with dealing with enquiries and his knowledge of the job. It didn't sound like my son at all. It sounded like some professional on the end of the line. I heaved a sigh of relief, he seems to have found something he's good at x

Then I said "sooooooon, can you carry the wet washing outside and hold on to it while I peg it on please?" He knew then I was taking the Mickey but it got my washing hung out. Big bath towels they were and I noticed today we are running very low. They ended to go out, get the excess moisture out in the sun and the wind. I will get D to bring it in later and finish it off in the tumble dryer x

I put one more load of washing on, made myself a cup a soup, I'm exhausted and tired. Did a few bits of washing up. Hardly done anything but of course extra pain med has made me drowsy. The pain is lousy in my left leg. Right feels a touch easier but I'm elevating it on the bed now x x x x at least if I fall asleep on here I am going to be comfortable.

He's still not back and there's no way that I could have sat much longer doing nothing xx

Gosh my eyes are so tired x x x

Love Ann x x x x
 
Oh I so know that feeling - we will do absolutely anything for our sons won't we? I'm so glad that he is happy and confident at work, it sounds as if he one member of your family you don't have to worry about. It is certainly good when we see them settled and content.
How is the new loo? It is such good timing for your next op, no struggling up and down stairs, just that odd short walk for exercise purposes, it will be ideal.
I hope you have a good evening and manage to sleep tonight, lots of hugs, (((((xxxxx))))), Lyn
 
Hi @Ellejay

It is a relief he is so settled again. Such a relief x x the new loo is coming on well. Not much left to do now. Yes it is an ideal time. This is one of the reasons he did it tbh.
I think that will help my recovery immensely I'm sure the stairs did me no favours before the revision x x x

Love Ann (((((big hugs))))) xoxoxox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Quick update, I've asked D to take me to a shop. Not shops...a shop. I had no top up meds in the night. I've woken up as close to pain free as I ever get but I know with the left it won't last. However, the swellings gone down on the right TKR and I've been and had my shower, got dressed, the lot no problems, I can't believe it after the week I've had.

However, it's undoubtedly been the support of this forum, my lovely friends on here, that have kept me sensible and mentally grounded so I've done nothing daft. From me a Mahousive THANK YOU FRIENDS X X X ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Hope the pain-free lasts as long as it can. Hope you continue to do well. I know with the left knee it is what it is, but if you can be a little pain free with that knee as well, I know you will savor the moment. Enjoy your day and you are truly welcome, but you deserve all the prayers and blessings that you receive. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
It is so lovely to turn the corner with the TKR knee, and suddenly, one day, feel that we can trust it, and rely on it. That has happened to me this week, I suddenly feel that this knee and I will get on together. I hope yours is the same from now on, and that they can do your left one as soon as possible. xxxxx
 
I ended up going the shop with my daughters last thing this afternoon.

I'm elevating and icing at the mo. Just come back in after going to a shop using two sticks with my two daughters. Trouble was car park was further away than I had realised. By the time I'd walked to the shops from there I'd got the warning twinge. Once I'd walked round the store, they both started to really hurt. We paid and left. The walk back to the car took ages. However, it was so nice to be out. The shops were quiet and I got some bits and pieces for my card making.

Love Nana moon xxxx
 
Hi all

Well no surprise, I'm in pain. Just waiting to see if the meds work. I didn't take the top up last night. I fell asleep in an exhausted pain sleep and not very refreshed this morning. x x x

Got my last physio tomorrow. Shame really, I really like the physio over there.

Love Nana moon 27!xxx
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom