Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@nanamoon. Ann, What the hell is going in with you??? I don't understand how you're having all these issues. Just curious did you ever have a bone density test done? Maybe there's more to it than just cartilage loss. I bought this new cream called two old goats arthritis and fibromyalgia essential lotion on amazon. Really soothes the aches
Sorry to hear about all your incidents. Can't you just sit in one place and not move for awhile???
Love. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@susanne I'm just so frustrated. I was doing so well up until last Friday. I'm devastated to be honest how bad this pain has been. It's starting to wear down a touch as well now x

Tomorrow, I have to rest by the book or else!!!!!

The PT said that if it s no better by next week they will recommend I see the OS for a review.

My TKR is responding well to the meds but the non TKR was really aching. It's ice cold and I've snuggled up my blanket a bit more round it and the aches starting to lessen. I'm going now. Have a great day, all my love Ann x x x x
 
I'm so sorry you are in pain. I feel for you, feel better soon.
 
Oh hi @janmont thank you ever so much. It's settling down now TKR responded well to the meds but the left one is achey now. I'm actually settling now a bit. If I get my non TKR cold, it is like it's been kicked by a horse or something.

Thanks for getting in touch
Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
Oh @Nana moon 27
Sorry to hear you are suffering. We do all come through it but when you are in the middle of it, it feels that it will be for ever. No more advice than already given. You are a lovely supportive Bonesmartie to everyone and we are all giving you the vibes to get rid of the pain.
Karen X
 
Thank you very much all x I appreciate your thoughts. Well the vibes got me some sleep. Ive just woken up. Only because the house phone went. I've just gone to bathroom to get a glass of water (now, now behave!) I mean out of the tap! I've stayed in bed.

I'm ok. Just very tired. Hubby's decided to try and get the downstairs loo finished today. We were meant to be going out but he's not 100% himself at the moment. So better we stay in. Maybe later if ok go to small garden centre for a cup of tea/coffee and a slice of cake x

We will see. TKR feels ok so far, my left knee above and around the kneecap hurts already. Just taking pain meds x x x
 
@Nana moon 27
I laughed when I saw you thinking of going to a garden centre for a coffee and cake. In my recovery when friends have visited what do we do - go to a garden centre for coffee and cake! Imagine all those garden centres full of recovering hippies and recovering others. Our local garden centre must make the majority of its profit from the cafe.
Psychologically I find it quite a relief to go out of the house even for a short time.

Can you hurry up your next op?
Good luck with your friday appt...... BUT it was 27th Jan not 27th Feb.... my brain is not back to normal yet! X
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27, Sorry you are in pain again. You need to keep off your legs and give them time to recuperate from last week. I think you are irritating them again each time you start to do housework and go out. It is hard to do but please just ice and rest at the moment. I know, I struggle doing it as well. Have you got a book to read or movie to watch? You really need a date for the left one to be fixed. Lecture over :).

I can guess how fed up you are. Sending you lots of hugs. We are all here for you as you are for us.
 
I got back and cried to be honest. His two younger sisters popped in and took one look at me and asked what on earth is wrong. I burst into tears again about my knees, particularly the left one. I'm so trapped by this lack of getting out. It's sending me mad now. Anyway @busylizzie we crossed... I just left you some hugs on your thread. Thanks so much. I just feel so pathetic.

By now I feel I should be "normal". Not meant to be for me yet. If my left knee doesn't settle I will ask if I can be put on list for a cancellation x

I cannot take much more not just physically but mentally. X enough is enough x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
@Nana moon 27, I fully agree it is so frustrating especially when you have been so active before. It wouldn't be human nature if we weren't. I think getting on the cancellation list is a good idea. I always ask to go on it. Having a date for the op will allow you to focus on the future. Tears are OK, they release the tension. Can you try some of your mindfulness exercises? What about making some more cards. The ones you made at Christmas were fabulous.

Hubby is out in the garden, I'd so love to join him but know I can't.

Lots of hugs coming back your way. We are always here for you.
 
The garden is my domain and that's frustrating me too. I might get the girls to take me out for some birthday card making stuff x x x I've quite a bit of Christmas stuff left and card. It's just bits x

My best friend is coming over tomorrow lunchtime. I can give her the birthday pressie I got her the other week. I couldn't get across to her. She lives the opposite side of the city. She said hang on to it as she likes the idea of a later birthday. Bless her x

I have to go on the Healthy Minds site now to do the mindfulness and breathing. I hope it knocks me out x x x

Love Nana moon 27 x x x
 
Hello Ann, I'm so sorry you are back to square one yet again, you seem to be in a game of snakes and ladders, but only snakes on your particular board. I do agree that a cancellation would be a good idea! you certainly need this operation soon. I hope you managed a sleep this afternoon, sending you hugs (((((((xxxx)))))))
 
I got three hours sleep through listening to the mindfulness relaxation after I some some other stuff on the site. My pain is getting under control in the TKR but that left (non TKR) is still not right x the TKR still feels like a swollen lumpy baked potato x
 
A left TKR. You poor thing. You have been through a lot. I sure hope you are getting some relief and moving forward. I am sure with your positive attitude, YOU ARE. ((Hugs))
 
The sooner the better with the op. I need to get myself better. Get out of this house and back to reality x I swear I suffer cabin fever. Although all my pay has runout now from work, they are keeping my job open as long as the doctors notes keep coming in.

I'm in bed I'm nearly on top of the pain now.
It's sheer determination and gritted teeth now even though I keep getting upset.

Love Ann x x x
 
@Ellejay
The experience you had after that last arthroscopy made me certain I'd made the right decision. Forgot to thank you. Woohoo very little pain. The meds have worked. Thank you x
Love Ann x x x
 
Hi Ann,
I'm back from few days away with family.

Sorry to hear that your knees are giving you so much grief. I hope that the TKR knee settles down soon - do give it losts of rest, ice, elevation - and that you soon get a date for having the other knee replaced. Hugs! :console2::friends:
 
Thanks @Celle

It's driving me crazy. Thankfully I've seen sense and started top up meds. I have to accept this is, what it is, and I have to deal with it.

I'm grateful the meds are helping but I keep getting a certain feeling that accompanies them and I end up too scared to sleep. I've dozed once or twice. It's the feeling that you get just before the hallucinations. I don't think I'm on enough to cause them but I've had that sensation tonight.

I hope that you had a fabulous time with your family x

Love Ann xxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom