Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hello @Nana moon 27
How are you? How was your PT (is that not an Americanism for physio?) Just checked that you are in Birmingham UK nor Birmingham Alabama!!
More importantly how's the PAIN
:banghead:
take care
Karen
 
Hi @copsham yes it's an Americanism it's a lot easier than typing physio. Lol x
I had PT this morning, (was advised to elevate above heart level with ice) after then nipped to shops still in pain with hubby and then to funeral this afternoon.

I'm at home now elevating and icing but oh so tired. Will post later.

Love Ann xxx
 
The PT said that my TKR knee was hot and swollen. I was only allowed to do non weight bearing exercises xxx so ice and elevation, bed exercises.

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Your TKR is obviously really complaining and you need a period of downtime to get it to settle down. It's a bummer and it's dull but ... So sorry that this has happened but you are living proof that recovery for some can be long and individual. Take it easy.

Hugs

Mary x
 
Thanks Mary

I'm ok about it. It's taught me a lesson not to get up out a chair like normal too quickly.

I'll be on a bit later. I'm done in x x

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi Ann, how are you? I hope this afternoon wasn't too horrid for you all. How did your knee cope with it?
Sending you hugs (((xxx))))
 
Hi @Ellejay

Aside from the pain in my knee, I was okay. Not depressed about this funeral. The poor man had cancer and ended up a mere skeleton with skin on. Poor soul. I'm relieved to be honest that he is well out of all that pain. This was yet another Humanist service. It was nice enough and very accurate about him and his life. He gave time for reflection of the deceased so I said my own prayers for him, in my head at that point. Then from there we went to one of his favourite clubs for the wake. We stayed an hour and my knee just couldn't take it.

I got back, got changed into comfy clothes, I managed to ice and elevate on the sofa and it seems to feel a wee bit easier.
It's very stiff though.

How is your dad? Xxx

Love Ann x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, you certainly had a busy day to say the least. Certainly hope you are feeling better. How is the TKR knee? I am certain you had to ice it for sure with being on it for a while. Get some rest and feel better soon. Did I read right, your brother's wife's mother passed away as well. OMG that is certainly too many deaths in one family. My prayers are with you all. Take good care of yourself.
 
Sending you (((((HUGS)))))
Glad this day is behind you. Take care of your knee, it will settle down.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @ironman60

I'm genuinely happy that you are doing so well. You are very kind to offer to have some of my pain but I'm a strong girl and will fight all this.

I'm having an easier day tomorrow, I mean today! No appointments. No more funerals until 11th March, when hubby's friend will be buried. So tomorrow more elevation, rest and ice x x x and make it through this xxx

@Pumpkln thanks for translating for me, it was much appreciated. Thank you night night lovely xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am resting today, icing and elevating TKR. I'm very tired. Had a bad night couldn't get comfy, eventually cat napped. I'm glad there's nothing to do. Its a relief to be honest. Hubby's gone out for an hour. I put some washing on before I settled down with my ice and elevation x

It feels a touch better this morning. But it is still very swollen x

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
We do talk different. I can't remember the last time I ate chalk. :scratch: but I love cheese, apples & oranges.
Ok, I get it. It's not about the food. I think I will have a spot of Tea. Tata take care. I must put some washing on.
I mean do some laundry. I love it. :flwrysmile:
 
Evening all,

I had a lovely surprise just after lunch. My grandson and his girlfriend turned up unannounced. I was sooooo glad to see them.

My grandson looked at me as I hobbled down the hall and asked what was up. He's in his second year of sports training. I lifted my trouser leg up and he asked what on earth had happened to my TKR when it had been doing so well, it's gone a funny shape and swollen I explained that was merely swelling.

I told him the whole sorry take about panicking to open the front door and getting up too quick. I told him what the physio told me to do. Ice, rest, elevation. He looked right at me and said you haven't done as you were told today. I told him that I had iced and elevated for an hour. He asked me how the washing got into the machine and the tumble drier, how the dish washer was on and the vacuum was pulled out ready for later, when Grandude wasn't around. So the next thing he went into the freezer got my ice pack out. Made me get back on the sofa, elevate and ice x

He made me a cuppa, chatted to me and his girlfriend vacuumed. I told her to leave it and she laughed at me Then the next thing his mom came through the front door and looked in amazement. She looked at my knee, felt it after moving the ice and said that it felt like an ice cold squishy jacket potato. I burst out laughing again. Just before they left, my husband came back and I heard my daughter talking to him about me. Unfortunately my rubbish hearing wouldn't let me make out what she was saying. All I heard was mom, knee...that was it!

Tonight I got stuck on the sofa. Had sat up and somehow bent left non replaced knee, it had not only twisted but so had my hip. They were stuck and I was in agony. Anyway D managed to help me get unstuck but ooh the pain through my hip, thigh and knee. Real ouch moment. Elevating again. Going to use the ice last thing in bed xx

Take care all!

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
@Nana moon 27, I thought you were supposed to be resting today, not doing housework. I am pleased your grandson and girlfriend came round to see you and helped. Take care and look after yourself, RICE is required.
 
Hi @busylizzie

Compared to what I'd been doing until last Friday that was nothing. I know ODIC. Big prob I keep forgetting revision, still taking date mentally from 1st replacement date. Keep expecting too much probably. I'm just disappointed because I was doing ever so well last week.

I wanted to go out for the day tomorrow but D thinks it's a bad idea. He's right. So instead he's going to put the final touches to the downstairs loo, the final connections. It's starting to look really nice. As he will be here I can't clean or do wrong stuff in the house.

I'm using ice pack while I'm typing with legs elevated.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Sorry you will not be able to have your trip out tomorrow, but fab news on the downstairs loo. That will make life so much easier for you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm crawling the walls in pain. I've iced elevated rested. Both knees are atrocious. The left worse than the right. The pain is going from knee, up thigh, down shin into foot. My TKR hurts. I know I'm going to have to get up. I have a crutch up here that helps me get downstairs. His perianal abscess has come back up I daren't ask him for anything. Bear with a sore butt, literally.

I'm going to have to take the top up med and get more ice. I don't know what more I can do x
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom