Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi just a quickie to let you know I'm ok.

I'm walking quite well since taking the relaxants, although the left knee is a nightmare I'm moving round so much more normally.

Everyone who has been today has commented how well I'm walking and how on the ball I seem. Woohoo!!

Give you a bit of a giggle now. I went into the bathroom, had a shower, got dried, walked into my bedroom still naked, sat down on my bed and screamed. My 14 yr old granddaughter had left the hair brush sticking prickle side up and I sat right on it with my bare butt, with all my weight, not expecting anything to be on my bed!! Tell you this much. That TKR moved beautifully at speed as I shot up!!! Ouch and she's in trouble tomorrow :heehee:

Night night. Catch you later x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Pumpkln

My knee (TKR) is painful. Have over did it I think! Cannot get comfortable x
Sounds like you are a member of the ODIC. You are feeling better with the medication change, and continued healing, which is great. But... You still need to take it easy and not overdo your activity. "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".
Not going to bore you with the Mantra, you know what to do.
:sleep::ice::elevate::chillpill:
 
My son came this afternoon with his partner and his little boy. My son was almost in tears at how well I walked without my crutches. When I explained about the visit to the docs and the Diazepam he hugged me and said how relieved he was to see me almost normal! And guess what he said?.....please don't get overdoing it so soon mom x x x
 
I wonder if anyone can throw a thought at this. Ok. I'm walking almost normally apart from a bit of discomfort/soreness in the long muscle that leads from the centre top just above my knee cap. I know it's a muscle I can flex it. My other knee is rotten anyway so I'm used to break through pain with that. However, since the Diazepam has enabled me to walk without a crutch round the house,stairs the lot, of a night the aching is awful. Comments, suggestions are most welcome xx if it's ODIC fair enough but I promised to be good and I was. Xxx
 
I'm in bed. Despite taking meds I'm a bit achy. Wondering if it's walking more upright that's done it? Xxx
 
Pumpkln is right on target. This is a pretty common complaint during recovery and its sometimes one of the last things to resolve itself. You're probably walking more normally and it's not used to it yet. Just know that it means you're working that muscle and it will get stronger!!!
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann, just catching up with all that is going on. So glad you have hit a milestone and are walking much better. Wonderful!! So happy for you. That is great!! So good to hear you are not in pain. Do get your rest during the day. Take good care of yourself. So glad you are feeling and doing better. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Nana moon 27, hi Ann. Just dropping by to see how you have been. It seems like ages since I talked to you. I'm sorry to read that you were in so much pain andrew o sick. I'm glad the new meds have helped ou and you are doing much better. Just try not to over do it. It has been quite some time since you have worked all your muscles and they will protest if you go overboard. I hope you continue to improve. Anne
 
So glad that the diazepam have helped, Ann. I use them on an ad hoc basis since I had my back op for anxiety & muscle pain relief...they do help. Think everyone is right .......your body is getting used to a whole new way of proper walking & all the muscles being used in a different way are waking up & shouting. I sometimes revert to using a cane when walking to help if a pain starts up...just for a day or so...! It's very trial & error...do hope you continue to improve. Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Lovely to hear from you both.I hope you are both keeping really well behind the scenes. It's been a while but I have been lurking and reading your posts.

Yes, thinking about it logically the muscles are being used properly. Since the Diazepam I can walk downstairs normally. I only allow myself to do that once a day. I'm too scared of undoing this sudden progress.

@Hoppy Nanny you're right about the diazepam. It's helped me immensely. Have to go back to the doc next week. Daughter said she's coming with me again.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
Don't you think it could just be because you are now walking normally that muscles etc are just naturally a bit more tired as they've not been used in that way for a long time and it will just take a while to build up stamina?
Makes sense to me. Course I could be completely wrong! But it sound as if you are making progress.
M x
 
Like the others, I think it's a result of walking more normally now and muscles being worked that aren't used to it. I went through a stretch of several weeks where I would get leg aches daily. I used a heating pad and it helped a lot. Just don't put it on your knee! Hope it gets better soon. (((hugs)))
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom