Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Tbh @Legin you're right x x x @gr82cu2 I feel like I need a holiday or a rather a short break. I kind of mentioned it but he said there wasn't much point because of my limitation with walking distances and time I can spend on my feet. It's not the TKR so much but my other knee. Yes the TKR can swell and be painful when I overdo it but it's to be expected after a revision. The movement of the joint is definitely better than before the revision x a change of scenery would be fabulous right now. I can't go and stay with my friend up North Wales as she has cats and as much as I adore them my allergy is pretty bad.
 
I didn't sleep until 2am but then a miracle occurred! I had 8 hours straight sleep. I've started sitting up with hubby under the pretext of watching tv or playing on my iPad. I realised that when undo this he falls asleep fairly quickly. I turn the tv off and go up to bed. I did the same last night. I woke up at just gone 10am and thought it was odd I couldn't hear him. I went downstairs he was fast asleep. I made us both some tea and toast and while I was doing this (I'm not quiet) he woke up. I took his tea and toast in to him and he was chuffed to bits, very surprised and happy x

Anyway, I still have stiffness and discomfort but not the raging pain I've had the last few weeks x x

The sleep has done me a power of good. It's a beautiful sunny cloudless day here but very windy x x x
 
That's sounds like progress in the right direction, well done Ann. This is so hard, even a little bit of progress is good. Enjoy the rest of your day xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, sorry you have been under the weather a bit.. RLS now, Oh boy. I had that diagnosis a few years ago and was placed by the Neurologist on Ropinirole for that. I was also popped back on it by the same Neurologist as he felt that med helped with headaches and RA pain at the time, so I am on it again. Take care. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:Christine
@Nana moon 27, Good for you getting a good 8 hours sleep. Makes a big difference!!
 
Thank you very much. Trouble is took the morning relaxant and need to sleep but at least I can adjust this and take one at night and skip the morning. I don't want to be zombied out!

How's everyone's hips, knees, shoulders? X x x

Love Ann x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well done lass so glad you slept somwthing hwlped you for sure. Take care ma pal x
 
You are so right about the Diazepam. Even my pain level is lower today. I have had a lot less of the legs constantly shaking as well. I still have those all lover aches and pains, even the soles of my feet but nothing like they've been and I wasn't stuck this morning. Woohoo! I really do think I'm starting to get better x hubby ordered me to come up and rest so here I am. I'm dozy so I'll probably have a nap but I'm going to set the alarm on the phone so I don't have a three hour one!

Love Ann x x x x
 
I just cannot get over the difference that tension creates. He has suggested I keep up with the healthy minds CBT so I'm doing that too. Strange as when I came out of docs with daughter I said to her that after talking to the doc, I wondered if this was part of my nerves that I was unaware of. She said she agreed after listening to me talk to the doc. I was a bit all over the place when I was talking (her words) x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
I've not even comfort ate once today. Gave rest of sweets to grand kids tonight. Made healthy choices with my food. Had a low fat yogurt instead of sweets after healthy tea.

I actually have some life in me. My daughters face was a picture tonight. I asked her what was wrong. She said you're normal again mom, you're like you old self. Nice. Long may this last. Xxxx

Yes although I wasn't impressed with doc appointment he was spot on with his diagnosis x x x

Love Ann xx
 
Ann I'm so happy for you that you got a well deserved, long sleep and are feeling better with your new med. Your daughter's comment that you are your normal self again and the old mom she knew strikes a definite chord with me. I won't bore you with details but many years ago I went through a period of severe anxiety and depression. I was completely on edge 24/7. My doc Rx'd Xanax to calm my nerves and panic attacks. I took one and within a 1/2 hour I was sitting here crying my eyes out because for the 1st time in a year I felt "normal". Such a relief! I hope it continues for you. (((hugs)))
 
Hi @gr82cu2

Thank you for your post. I've been undertaking CBT on line with telephone support for my anxiety. Unbeknown to me although the doctor had doubled my antidepressants when I went into meltdown, I was tense, constantly. I've had restless legs for a while now, normally even in the day they've been twitching, shaking the lot. Today I have had very little. Another immediate benefit is less pain. I cannot believe how my pain levels have dropped. Thirdly my asthma...I'm breathing as though I can get air in. I do suffer permanent Bronchiectasis for which I have to take a daily antibiotic for life, along with 6 decongestant tablets. My breathing is the best it's been since surgery when all those chest infections struck before my diagnosis of the previously mentioned.

This tiny dose of Diazepam has worked a miracle x I'm like my old self x woohoo!!!! Xxxxx

Love Ann x x x
 
Hi @SuperSnapper
I want to get up and dance but I'm not going to push my luck yet. Having less pain and a clear head is fantastic and I'm loving it!!! X x x

You should be seriously proud of your 140 rom!!!!! I would be swinging from the chandeliers, if I had any that is!!!!!

Love Ann x x x
 
:rotfl: I think swinging from the chandeliers might set me back a few weeks! But it would amuse the grandkids.
 
:heehee: @SuperSnapper

They'd think I'd really gone back to normal. I used to go on the swings and slides, using their inline skates up and down the hall and everything with them, until my knee totally went x x
 
Happy weekend all!!!

Right now the good news!!! A quick update.

I walked downstairs properly about 6 stairs. I walked upstairs properly twice. Im not going to push my luck. I'm walking round with very little pain. Just that rotten non TKR pain that is driving me mad but I can live with one pain. My TKR is stiff but definitely got better movement. I could never have done those stairs like that. All the pains gone out of my hips, back, feet, ankles, knees xxx

Right off to dry my hair now x x x x

Love Ann x x
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom