Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I cannot believe how upright I am now standing and walking around the house for short bursts. Not overdoing it. Stairs till a bit of a problem because of left knee. X x x

Other than that my posture is improving and my gait x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxo
 
This is really great to hear, NanaMoon. When is it that you meet with your surgeon to discuss your other knee?
 
@Jamie I meet with the OS on 27th January. He already told me last October that it was gone last February when he looked at the X-rays the other hospital had taken. Yet they told me if it hadn't deteriorated in six months they'd be able to save it. He showed my husband the X-ray too. He told us both that it had gone and needed replacing. It has tricompartmental Osteo arthritis, arthritis of the patella, no Synovial fluid behind the kneecap. The cartilage has gone too. He said there was no way it could be saved and he couldn't understand why the other hospital told us what they did. Anyway when it had come up to the 6 month mark the other hospital said I'd been discharged to the other surgeon! And sent me away xxx I'm glad really. My treatment at this hospital has been fantastic. Ok it's a 40 min drive but so worth it x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness, Ann....no wonder that other knee is giving you fits. What are your plans to schedule that surgery then?
 
Hi @Jamie well now I can manage my non TKR. I cannot believe what all that tension did and affected my walking

That made no sense. Try again. I will agree to the surgery on the 27th and he will put me on the list or maybe ask me when. Tbh I'd rather get it all over and done with now and then get my life back. I worked hard to get my teaching degree when I was 50 yrs old, it seems wrong not to go back.

My firm are holding my job open as long as they receive sickness notes off the doc each month. HR have assured me that my job is safe and that my Boss would fight tooth and nail for me to stay if there was so much as a whisper. Goodness knows how I'd get on after not planning lessons etc after so long. They said I will go back on a phased return x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
You will fit right back in when you go back Ann. I was scared stiff when I did that three days of supply teaching before this op, I was sure I couldn't teach anymore, but you sit in front of a group of children and suddenly the last few years totally disappear, it's as if you've never left the classroom, it just comes right back. Even all my colleagues in the staff room said 'all was well in the world, Lyn's back!' That may have been to do with the stack of cakes I took with me :heehee:.
The only thing that upset me after that teaching episode is they quibbled over my pay. They said I had to invoice them, which I did, and I claimed the rate for a top of upper scale teacher, I didn't claim the management rate that I finished on, as I wasn't doing a management role, but I claimed for 40 years of teaching experience, and they only paid me what a newly qualified teacher would get. I tried arguing, but it was just a couple of days before my op, so I didn't pursue it. All the parents at the school were delighted to see me back, anyone passing my classroom said they hadn't seen that class working so quietly before, so I know I was doing a good job. I'd love to go back, they said they would want me again, but why should I work for less than I pay my decorator or plumber, both very good workers, but far younger than me with no qualifications.
 
Good morning @Nana moon 27, how are you? Just stopping in before getting ready for work or rather regrouping before getting ready. Hope you are feeling well and things are moving okay. So glad to hear that you don't have to worry about your job being secure. That is one big worry off your shoulder. Thank goodness for that. If you need the other knee done and sounds like you do, it is probably a good idea to get everything done whilst already out then go back. Sounds like a good plan. Take good care of yourself Ann and you and everyone have a blessed day. BTW, I am feeling better this morning all around. Thank goodness. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc I prayed very hard for you yesterday after I wrote my post to you. Think it was listened to. Thank you x x x

Christine although both knees ache, I'm walking upright round the house, better posture x I'm hoping to go to hydro with no crutches tomorrow.

I'm going for a walk with hubby only the corner shop and see how I get on x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @Ellejay

Thanks for the reassurance about work. Oh that makes me feel good x

I was absolutely appalled that they paid you the lower rate. NQT status is not what you should have been on. You'd have got more doing it through an agency. That was a dirty trick and very sharp practice.

However, I had a similar thing when I qualified as a lecturer at first. The year I qualified they'd had a restructure within the company and downgraded all the salaries. I was on a bit less than when I was unqualified. I too tried to argue but to no avail x x x x
 
Have fun at hydro Ann, I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
I did contact the physio I saw last year about sharing a hydro slot with another of her patients, £55 for half an hour is such a lot, especially as I can now do the exercises myself. She said she didn't think there was anyone suitable on her books at the moment, but she would keep my idea in mind, so it's back to the local pool, using the children's pool between 7 and 9 am :yikes:. The pool isn't as clean as I would like, and knowing that it is a children's pool...................:scare::scaredycat:.
 
Hi just a quick update.

I went to hydro, I walked up the steps normally and down the steps normally into the pool and her face was a picture!!! I explained about the Diazepam. The pool stairs aren't as steep as home stairs but they were just great x x I managed all the exercises and felt fine. That was my last session in the water.

However, next week I will be seeing the delightful physio Adan. I liked him in the first place before hydro. Then the week after that is the appointment with the OS Oooh I don't mind admitting I'm a bit nervy but at least I will know about when my other knee will be done x x x

I hope that you are all ok?

Love Ann x x x
 
That's a great report Ann, such a lot of progress in such a short time. I'm so pleased for you my friend xxx
 
Both knees are killing me. Taken meds. Have elevated. They had me use one flipper walking under water at a time on each leg. Last week I was ok no flippers. I know I said I would not use them but she assured me that walking underwater would be better than kicking up and down the surface of the water hmmmmm...not convinced. X x x probably just the whole exercise done with relaxed muscles instead of tight ones who knows x x x
 
Hmmmmmmm I'm sure you are right. Water is sooo goooid when I.was recovery.from snapped achilies I would walk in.the.sea. Tried it inthe loch this time but other hip said.oi don't like the.cold and it was v cold believe me. Hope you slept my friend

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Hope you are feeling well this morning. So sorry that the other knee has been misbehaving at times, but the exercise and elevation for both is good to strengthen the other knee for when that knee does get done. The hydro does sound wonderful. I think using the flippers would make it easier to accomplish what needs to be done. Hope you have a pain-free blessed day. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi I'm ok. Just a dull ache in both knees. Left one really objecting to stairs, so an easy day today xx
Very tired x last day of Diazepam today and I have to see how I get on without it x x x
 
Hi Ann, I do hope you will be OK without the Diazepam, maybe your body only needed a few days of it, to teach it how to relax?
Sleep well, chat tomorrow xxx Lyn
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom