Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi Ann,
Do get back to your doctor if you feel bad again when you no longer have the Diazepam! He might have given it to you as a trial, to see if it helped - and it did, dramatically! I'm sure he'd like to know that. Maybe he could even reduce the dose of one of your other medications, as the Diazepam worked such magic?

Let us know how you get on, anyway, OK?
 
Hi @Celle thank you for your reply x x

The doctor has said that the door is open if I have a setback. He wants to see how I get on without them. Apparently he's not an advocate of Diazepam because it is addictive apparently. I'd trade it any day for my antidepressants if I possibly could. Your thoughts are how I was feeling. Apparently it's for short term use. I hope I stay ok. Will know within a few days whether or not x x

A bit tired and achey tonight but otherwise I'm ok x x x x

Love to you all and goodnight

Love Ann x x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Celle I asked him that and he said categorically no. Too much too soon were his exact words. Still we will see. Xxxx
 
Do hope you are feeling ok without the diazepam Ann. I use it sporadically for a couple of days at a time....it eases my aches & anxiety and I can go for months without it. My doc says same....addictive...and will only give me 28 tablets a year....But I've never felt addicted at all it just eases me over a difficult period.

Hoping your visit to the OS is a positive one.

Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny

You have described how I was in them. It was wonderful to have had a week of normal, well,close. Yes, I think they would be excellent for getting through a rough patch. He wouldn't hear of swapping my antidepressants with Diazepam. x x x
 
Anne, you need to be your own advocate, remember that. I think I told you years ago I had a terribly anxiety ridden, depressing time in my life. All the doctors wanted to treat me with anti-depressants which did absolutely nothing. I kept telling them if they could stop the panic attacks the depression would lift. They saw the depression as causing the panic attacks when in reality it was the other way around. I kept fighting and once I convinced them and got meds changed all was right with the world again. :) The Diazepam made you feel so much better physically and really seemed to have lifted your spirits! Too bad it's addictive :( Prayers for you honey! (((hugs)))
 
Hi @gr82cu2

Yes I'd rather have had the diazepam. I had my first normal week, this week first in a long time x
I have CBT alongside the antidepressants. It does help me break my thoughts down into smaller more manageable chunks and make me look at and examine the thoughts.

Nighty night. Lovely to hear from you
Love Nana moon 27 x x
 
Ann my friend at this point in.time the diazepam is off the agenda soooooooo with.the love and support from here and.your wonderful family.take those strides that unknowingly you have already taken. You are one of the most supportive people on this forum use that wonderful.possitive energy on.the most important person.of all - you. So head up knowing that you are intelligent whitty and have the biggest heart. My oft said phrase is.wee steps take.those knowing you have the support of so many people around this ever shrinking globe.

Take.care

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin....what can I say..... That is one of the nicest posts you've ever written and please don't get upset about this but.....you are no ogre, no numpty, no oopsie, nothing. Dwal that was a very kind thing for you to say to me. My gasted is flabbered (flabbergasted).

You've well impressed us all!!!! Thank you very much my friend you're very kind x x x

Ok, now my heads starting to shrink a bit,,,down to business. My knees are really aching but that's normal after hydrotherapy. It always gets me bad after two days. I'm tired although I slept. I'm ok otherwise.

That was a lovely post to start the day with. Thank you

All my love Ann x x x x
 
........................................... ok ty it wasn't a post about me.please take heed and Ann.I have no.doubt at all you will.get thru this heck.you are on.the way.already.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Okay i accept that my knees are achey, probably from the Hydrotherapy. However, my body is stiff and oh my, the whole of the soles of my feet, even barefoot across my lovely soft carpet absolutely are killing me x

However, I've ended up having a lovely day, hearing from a very close friend, putting the world to rights and having a laugh. That's so lifted my spirits.

I'm hungry now so I'm going to see what I can find x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
They had me use one flipper walking under water at a time on each leg. Last week I was ok no flippers. I know I said I would not use them but she assured me that walking underwater would be better than kicking up and down the surface of the water hmmmmm...not convinced.
Ann, you need to trust yourself. You were absolutely right about using this flipper to try and walk. The resistance of that flipper is greater underwater than on the surface. It's no wonder you were uncomfortable afterwards. You have a bad knee still and you need to pamper it a bit until it is replaced. I'd suggest losing the flippers completely until you are fully healed from your SECOND TKR. You know how you feel better than anyone. Don't be shy about expressing that to your therapist.
 
Hi @Jamie it was my last session with the hydro and her. I've suffered both knees. I didn't post how bad they actually were yesterday.

I'm back on dry land next week with the lovely Adan, who was with me the first couple of weeks. I'm going to tell him all about the flipper incidents. The week after that is my OS appointment and that is when I discuss the second TKR and organising when it should be done etc.

I ended up getting hubby to fetch my pain meds, took them downstairs which I never normally do. The problem was last night I couldn't get upstairs until they'd kicked in That was worrying me in case I needed the loo. Anyway I took them, they started to kick in and I fell asleep on the sofa. I woke up an hour later, hubby was fast asleep on the carpet with pillows. I was then able to get up, nudge him gently awake so he could have the sofa. I went to bed and slept after doing a couple of late posts on here. I slept all night without waking xxx

I am about to get up. I'll let you know how I'm doing later. Thanks for being around. Xxxx your advice is so welcomed xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all. Not too bad this morning. Stiff knees and soles of feet a bit tender but ok. @Hoppy Nanny thanks for the tip about using Vicks on my feet but unfortunately the smell of it upsets my asthma. Crazy that is but just the same thank you for your kind suggestion.

Got the kids/grandkids due down today. The two girls are staying the night x x that will be nice x x x

Have a great Saturday

Love Ann x x x
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom