Hinged Joint Revision Complete, recovery continues

Hi @Pumpkln

I'm so sorry about the setback. I'm glad to read that the pains gone off. I still have that pain running up from the centre top if my knee all the way up along something and it ends mid thigh. It's been like that since I used the flippers at hydro. It's also a bit swollen. Never mind x

There's no snow here but a really heavy sub zero frost. It's very pretty. We are staying home tonight. Going to watch some tv and at midnight I shall go out into my front garden, look northwards towards the city centre and watch the fireworks from there. They are in the distance but we still get a good view of the higher up ones.

Happy New Year to you and your husband. I hope we all have a better one all round x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
I'm.still working out what normal is. Soooi glad you feel better @pumpkin have a truly wonderful 2015

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ooh @Pumpkln

Knees feeling normal!!! now that's a great start for a New Year!!!! Woohoo!!! Xxx thanks for all your help, kindness and support. Love Ann xx

broken link removed: https://happynewyear-cards.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Happy-New-Year-Banner-2015-Blue-3.jpg
 
Knees feeling normal!!!
This is what is normal for me, pain levels of a 2 - 3, tight rubber band feeling, and sore muscles on the outside of my lower leg.
Hoping for continued healing, and a change to a newer less painful normal in the New Year,
 
Hi @Pumpkln
:cheers: Most definitely, certainly, positively, it is going to happen!!! I can't be more positive than that :cheers:

By the way, tomorrow would have been my 12 month ankneeversary but it seems pointless writing anything now I've had it revised to post anything really. What do you think? If I did it would be honest but positive x just doesn't seem right? I found photos of when it was first done all sore and blistered. Scary!!! I actually looked and physically cringed (recoiled) xxx

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Hi Chris. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. Sorry to have not posted to see how you are-but between Christmas and my kitchen remodel, I've been busier than a paper hanger with fleas.......I'm glad your knee is being kinder to you. Can you believe it's almost 9 months already for us? I hope the next few months are smooth sailing to bring us to our one year anniversary! Kim
 
I've been busier than a paper hanger with fleas
Conjures up quite an image :rotfl:.
Only a couple of months until our one year anniversary, it has gone by slow, slow, fast.

Love your new avatar, looks like a snowy Tahoe.

Hope your kitchen is finished, or near finished, it always takes longer than you think, but then you will have many years of enjoyment with your new kitchen.
 
Emerald Bay in winter, Chris. Kitchen is far from done-but getting there. We've done one side, most of it anyway (I have a galley kitchen). Tore out the other side last night. So now I have no sink, dishwasher, etc. Everything is in boxes everywhere. Dinner out or microwave meals for a week or so-yuck-but worth it in the end.
 
Here are a couple of pictures, Chris. The old ugly and the new kitchen. We still have to get doors on top cabinets, etc.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    old kit2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 225
  • [Bonesmart.org] Revision Complete, recovery continues
    kitchen1-1.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 195
Your kitchen looks great! How is your knee holding up with all that work?

My knee has decided today to be irritated, my lower leg muscles are all working over time. I am just frustrated. Hope tomorrow it is back to "normal".
 
My knee does make it difficult and painful to do the work, but I do it anyway. We still have a lot to do in there-last night we started attaching the cabinets on the other side, along with the new dishwasher, sink, disposal, etc. Hopefully tonight will see that side installed and ready for the countertop. I am so tired of the mess, disorganization, etc, that goes with a re-model. My entire house is a disaster, there's dust everywhere, the kitchen stuff is everywhere but in the kitchen. I know it'll be sooooooooooo worth it in the end, but the middle is getting hard to deal with. What makes it take a lot longer is the previous owners did everything cheaply and totally the wrong way so we have to rip out sheetrock to re-do the wiring correctly, patch holes they just left in the walls behind the old cabinets, etc, etc. We expected it going in as that's happened with every upgrade we've done in this house. But it's still frustrating. We also re-did the configuration to add as much space as is possible in this tiny kitchen and I'll have almost twice as much cabinet and countertop space, especially since two of the cabinets on the stove side were totally useless. But that did add to the time it's taking to get it done. Hubby custom built all the upper cabinets as we needed sizes they don't make and would have had to have someone make them, which would have cost a fortune, so he did them himself over several months. He still needs to make the doors, cabinet edge trims, finish my plate rack above the sink, make a pull out cabinet between the fridge and wall and make a pantry cabinet. I am hoping to at least get it usable this week and be able to start putting stuff back into the kitchen and get it out of boxes in the living room, dining room, garage, hallway...........

I'm sorry your knee is giving you fits...is that just part of the normal healing process, or something else?
 
Hope that your kitchen in finished soon, and you can give attention to your knee.

I do flare months after an injury or surgery, so yes this flare up may be "normal" for me.
 
I am so disappointed. I went to my warm salt water pool where I have been swimming for the past 3+ years, and smelled chemicals on Wednesday, thought that it will be OK. Well, I have been having asthma attacks the last three mornings. They have new management and I am afraid they are using chemicals :sad: to keep the water clean.
This has happened before when I am exposed to chlorine. I even have inline filters in my shower heads to keep the chlorine out of the air.
The water helps my knee and back, I have been doing well the last three days with both, this is a real loss for me. Going to have to search for something else for the winter. We have an outdoor neighborhood pool, it won't be open until May 30th, being outdoors and having an excellent pool man the chemicals are not a problem.
My membership expires the end of this month, I will be looking for somewhere else to swim :reading:.
If it is not one thing it is something else. :swim:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom