Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

I'm ever so sorry but I've done nothing but vomit since I got up. Which means my pain meds will have gone that's for sure. I think I've picked up a bug somewhere. I will try and be on tonight or whenever. Feeling sick and stomach is doing triple salcos so I've gone back to bed. Catch you later x x x
 
Oh, that's not the news I was hoping to read Ann, I hope it's a short lasting bug and you feel better soon,
Lyn xxx
 
Morning Ann, so sorry to read you are having such horrific problems and have not managed to keep the pain meds down.

Surprised to learn you can do something that upsets your knee after such a long time, if I'm correct you had your surgery a year ago, are you just unlucky to still have problems or can we all expect something like that to happen?
After all you were just relaxing in a comfortable position and your knee was not complaining

Sue xx
 
Hi feeling a bit better. Still a bit yuk though. However, it's not stopped me from deep cleaning my bedroom tonight. I've a headache, still queasy but couldn't just do nothing. Catch you tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind messages

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi just a quick update.

I woke up felt a bit better. I went to get out of bed and my body had practically ceased up. I took my pain meds, massaged legs, hips, shoulders, and as I stood up, oh the pain in my back. I never suffer with my back. Anyway got into shower ran hot water for ages over me. I started to move a bit. Hubby didn't want me to go hydro but I insisted because I was sure the water would do me good. I told the physio about how I was this morning. She wasn't interested. All she was interested in was my knees. She said that as I am only just over three months out with the revision that I'm going to get some pain. I told her it functions well. I knew I was going to get some pain and before I could get another word out she's going on about pain management saying I need it looking at. I told her how the flippers had hurt both my knees for two weeks over after. We didn't do those exercises today. More squats in water, walking up and down using resistance floats, cycling off the edge of a water chair and scissor kicks and finally, step up and down on the aerobic step in the water but slowly.

I felt better for this but when I got into the car I was in agony all over. I got in and my friend from North Wales came down and we had a lovely time but I was still in pain. I took extra paracetamol and it took a bit. Of the edge off it.

Going to docs tomorrow afternoon, daughter coming with me.

Will post later. I do hope that you are all well x x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
I'm so glad you managed to get to your hydro session Ann, I'm sure it will have done you some good, but I'm sorry that you are still in so much pain everywhere, that's not just your knees obviously, there must be some other problem. I do hope the doctor can help tomorrow.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 Sorry you are not feeling well. I think the water therapy would probably feel nice for you but not so much if you are not feeling well. Take care of yourself. Everyone seems to talk about pain management doctors, pt but not always willing to help. I think the part of the recovery is trying to make them understand.

They not only do the surgery but need to be involved after to as with this surgery there is a lot of pain . The hydro pt was more concerned about her part of it that is too bad as sometimes just someone to listen and show compassion is all that you need. They book so many people in at the same time at these places that they just want to get on with it and then to the next but maybe just taking time as you did your therapy to listen would have made you feel like she cared probably cares but to some it is just a business and that is it.
 
@lavender

The other thing thing she said was, that I could expect pain for up to twelve months maybe more. I know this. My knee was replaced last January, I had it revised on Sept 22nd. Most days the pain is bearable today no.

Thanks for your lovely post. I'm almost asleep,so I'm going to try and a a short nap x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
It is difficult to be our own advocate with the various medical practitioners - I learnt a long time ago to say no! Amazing how that word works! I hope you feel better soon @Nana moon 27 - let us know how you get on with the Doc :)
 
Ann with your being sick to your stomach the other day I bet you have a virus which can really give us body aches. I don't like your PT, hehe! No one gets to be mean and uncaring with our NanaMoon :) I hope you are having a lovely nap as I type and feel better very soon. (((Hugs)))
 
Do i need to say anything noo Ann so much support you are getting stronger as a person the numpty is worried at your pain but proud of your growing strength. Go girl x
 
How are you feeling today Ann? I hope your doctors appointment goes well today, xxxx
 
Not great very stiff still. Even soles of feet, heels, ankles, knees, upper back down to the centre of it across the muscles xx mentally chirpy though. You okay? Xxx
 
Hi went doctors. He reckons I'm suffering from tension, possible restless legs and has now added Diazepam to relax my muscles. I'm not convinced but I'll try it. Got to go back next week. Daughter took me and came in with me. Oh well, we will see xxx
 
Oh goodness Ann, I was sort of hoping he would say you had flu and it would all be ok by next week. I'm sure you don't want even more meds to take. Let's hope that they do the trick and that you don't have to take them for very long.
How are you in yourself? Are you still getting out and having visitors?
I hope you feel a lot better very soon my friend, ((((( xxx ))))). Lyn
 
Hi @Ellejay

I'm ok. Just fed up but could do with a break. Maybe after the funeral I might look for a cheap but cheerful weekend somewhere xxx I hope you are ok? It is a flat time of year. I'm sorry I've not much to say tonight. I'm a bit tired that's all xxx

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Nana tension and stress can definitely knock you down. You've been through a lot. A cheery weekend somewhere would do you and your hubby a world of good. Hope you feel better. (((hugs)))
 
Hmmmmm I may be away from home but I'm still here. Ann nae wonder I hmmmmmm you. As ever doing too much and taking too much on. Hope yoe get some rest x

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom