Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


This is how it looks since revision on September 22nd. They went back in through original scar x
 
I've just read your summary, how truly awful. I do so hope you continue to make good progress now and can look forward to a much better year in 2015. xx
 
I've had a very busy day. We took the tree down and everything away. I have scrubbed the living room from front to back xx

I've over done it x however the feeling of satisfaction, knowing the room is properly deep cleaned is great xxx

Tomorrow starts and landing. Each day I'm going to do something, no matter how I feel xx

My TKR is ok but my left knee, foot and heel are killing xxxx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Tbh @suedobie I probably will. The downstairs looks okay now x the stairs and landing can wait a day xx it's lovely looking at everything shining and clean. I even wiped all the skirting boards over and the dado rail.
It feels clean, calm and relaxed in here xxx

My husband helped take the tree down with me and my daughters carried up the boxes of decorations. I carried on cleaning. They wanted me to stop and I said no I needed to do it. My favourite part of cleaning is the vacuuming. Unfortunately our vacuum is excellent but very heavy with strong suction. I did about three quarters of the carpet and then my eldest took it off me warning me about overdoing stuff.

I think the foot and heel problem I've developed is to do with the way I'm walking. It's on the non TKR side which feels dreadful.

Yes, I will have a day of rest tomorrow, just potter around the place nothing heavy. It's very cold here, what is it like down by you? Xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
At least someone is keeping an eye on you and not letting you get too carried away with your Mr Sheen!!

Seems our bodies compensate when part of it does not work properly but that in turn causes other problems

It's been a very gloomy days today, 2degs c at the moment and fine rain all day, I did manage to walk to the local garage to get a newspaper this afternoon when there was a break in the weather

Sue x
 
Good morning Ann, so sorry to read about your Brother-in-Law, so sad because you will always associate Christmas with loosing him

I have had some pain in my ankle since my op, not all the time, but it's on the inside an top of foot area, I presumed it was something to do with the tendons being tight

Hope you enjoy your rest day!

Sue xx
 
Poppin ma head in.to wish you a.good day pal. Hope its as.nice.there as here. Tooooodles

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Please review our BoneSmart policy on chatting on the forum here. We do not have individual member "social" threads. We do not have threads available for general chat among members. The Social Forum is for members who want to talk about specific topics other than knees and hips....such as crafts, vacations, hobbies, etc. Even in those threads, posts should remain basically on the thread topic.

If you want to socially chat with other BoneSmart members, please use appropriate social media such as email, FaceBook, Twitter or other similar venues. While we certainly want members to connect personally with each other, off topic conversations should be minimal in all threads. This doesn't mean you can never make personal comments or post an image or two. It just means that there should not be pages of off topic posts or conversations back and forth that don't involve the originating poster (OP). If you want an update on someone other than the OP, go to their recovery thread to check up on them.

@Nana moon 27 .... sorry to post this in your thread, but I believe it is probably a good way to get a lot of people to see the post....since you have a lot of followers here on BoneSmart.

Now....back to your recovery, my friend!!! And it makes me happy to see things improving for you!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for making that clear @JamieA, I quite understand that the thread could get lost in idle chatter, could you also explain what tagging someone is :ok:
 
@suedobie
I just tagged you! You write the @sign immediately in front of the person's user name (exactly as it is written under their picture. They should then get a notification that there is a message for them.
Note that you don't put the "A" after Josephine's and Jamie's names - it's just a sign that they are Administrators. Other wise, you had tagged them correctly.
 
I've done he stupidest thing ever and rendered myself immobile for getting on for half hour and I'm still in pain now. Going to take all my meds now I just want to cry.

You know I've been trying to get back into some semblance if normality, well stoopid muppet here sat down in our sofa looking at cooker hoods etc on my iPad. Well I must have done it subconsciously. l curled my legs round on the sofa with all my weight resting on my non TKR on my left hand side. I don't know how long I'd been sat in that position. I don't think it could have been too long.

Anyway my friend from North Wales rang and we were having this conversation when she whispers down the phone and said can you talk privately, I said of course I can. As I went to move I realised my left leg/knee was stuck and so was I. I told my friend what was happening and I started to massage my leg, trying to manipulate my knee, quads, anything but it was completely stuck. My husband got up lifted my knee up supporting my ankle and told me to twist my hips, oh I was shouting with the pain, after trying to stifle it. Anyway, I was in a sitting straight position with pain running through both my knee and my hip. The pain in my left knee was all around the outside and up into my hip x he gently lowered it so my foot was touching the floor and my friend said we would speak tomorrow instead. Oh Gosh, even now I'm in bed the pain is still there. Not as bad but there just the same.

In bed have taken meds and extremely fed up x

Love Ann xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Ann, that's dreadful, and after you've been doing so well for the last couple of weeks, I'm so sorry. Hopefully the meds will help, have you got ice wrapped round your knee? I now go to bed with one cryo cuff sleeve that has been in the freezer for a few hours, wrapped round my knee, and then during the night change it once or sometimes twice for an ice bag that I have by the side of my bed in a cool bag. I find it so soothing whilst I'm waiting for the meds to work. I'll look in in the morning, I hope to read that you managed to get a good nights sleep.
Sending you lots of hugs (((((((((((xxxxx)))))))))))))), Lyn
 
I'm so very sorry that happened to you. I'm sending healing calming thoughts your way. Rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds.

Lynn
 
Ann,
Sorry to hear this happened, at least you were able to get into that position. I have had similar things happen, my knee gets angry if it is in a position it does not like, it lets me know. Hope you feel better in the morning.
 
Hi @Pumpkln

Pain meds have kicked in, pain gone. Just a dull ache all down my leg x This was position I was looking at my iPad ....the pic is from Daily Mail

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better! Of course I'd put all my weight on that one side and it set. Oh it was excruciating. Thanks for popping in. Please take care love Ann xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Nana I'm so sorry! Have you had prior problems with your left knee? I ask because both times that I tore the meniscus in my knees it was very sudden and unexpected. The first one I was carrying an empty suitcase up from the basement and I felt the most intense burning pain in my knee and it immediately started to swell and the pain was incredible as you describe. The 2nd one happened in my sleep, literally. I had gone to bed and was fine. I woke in the night to potty and realized then my knee was very stiff and sore. I got up from the bed and upon putting weight on it I fell right back on the bed unable to bear any weight at all. It was excruciating. Keep it iced if you can. Would there be a long wait to see your OS about it? I hope you are sleeping now and wake pain free. (((hugs Nana))) You are one of the sweetest, most caring people on bonesmart. Nobody deserves this but I feel especially you don't after all you've been through and are continuing to go through.
 
Hi @gr82cu2

I'm ok now thank you. My pain meds have kicked in. I've had an hours sleep and now I'm wide awake. It didn't help earlier sleeping for over two hours this evening. Pain wise is a dull ache x

Worse still I've woken up hungry and I won't sleep until I've had something to eat x I've been cutting my portion size down and not eating between meals this week but I'm going to have a slice of toast. I've some of that half sized bread x

My left knee was confirmed in October that it needed replacing but I got so upset at the thought of going through this all over again. However, I've come to terms with the idea now. I will be seeing the OS at the end of this month. I will be able to tell you more then x

Thanks for checking in that's very kind of you x

@busylizzie oh I hope you've managed a bit of sleep even. I'm not surprised you are awake with what you've had to think about today. I wouldn't know where to start! However to quote Sound of Music Doh, Re, Mi song "let's start at the very beginning..." I have to go eat.

Catch you later xx
Love Ann xx
 
Hi Ann,
Sorry to hear about your misadventure. Ouch! Sounds like that knee is bad. My right one will need doing eventually but I won't be able to get my head around it for ages. That's an interesting thought, head around knee - now that would be progress! I hope you are more comfy today and the aching goes away. Take care of yourself
Mary x
 
Back
Top Bottom