Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Thank you for your kind posts . We are doing ok. It's worse for hubby cos it's his eldest brother. He was very close to him. I knew him since I was 15. Hubby's now lost his eldest brother and sister. I feel so sorry for his dad. Losing two of his children has to be the worst thing ever. I remember my late mother in law saying to me "you kind of expect deep down that one day you'll bury your parents but never your children" She never really got over the loss of the eldest daughter. They were best friends as well as mother and daughter.

I'm sitting watching movies with him on tv. We go for short walks or a drive. He goes out alone to see his other brothers or his dad. He's bearing up but it's painful to see x
 
You two have certainly been through a lot together this year, you are lucky to have each other, one to be strong when the other needs the support. Sending loving thoughts your way xxxxx
 
I can only imagine how he feels and you. We all cope differently with life, our knees. Dealing with something like this I am sure is so hard and You have been threw so much this year and you continue to be in my prayers. I agree with ellejay you have each other to lean on. You guys take care.
 
Happy New Year to you Ann. Hoping it is much better for you & your hubby than this year...take care...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
XXXXXXX
 
broken link removed: https://happynewyear2015k.com/happy-new-year-2015-wishes-images-free-download/

To everyone with love from Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxoxox
 
Aye ma good friend and Lang Mae your lumb reek too x x x that's very kind thank you xxx

For those who don't know what we are on about. The saying means...wishing each other prosperity. It translates roughly into something about being able to keep a fire in your home all year. Traditionally people had log fires and could only keep them going if they had enough money to buy the logs (unless you lived in the countryside) x

Now if I've got this wrong I'm sure @Legin will kindly put me right x

Happy New Year to you all XX.
 
Well today would have been my one year Akneeversary but it was revised this September. So there seems to be very little point in posting about it. All I can say is that since revision it is heaps better x

I found the original pics taken very early in my recovery and they made me cringe (recoil) xxx

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
January 2014
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
February 2014

Ouch to the first pic. That was so sore ouch xxx

Sorry the pics are from the first time I had it done back in January. The scarring went after a while. All I have now is a red scar. It only swells up if I overdo things. I've posted this deliberately I case anyone else ends up with blisters. I was told it was probably a reaction to the bandaging. There was no problem with the revision in September. I'm glad I had that done.

I'll try and post a pic of how it looks now since revision xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nana could you give us a brief summary of what went wrong. I tried to read your entire story one time but your thread was just sooooo long I never got it all. I hope you are doing well now.
 
Hi @gr82cu2

I had RTKR done Jan 2nd 2014.

An over zealous physio forced me to use crutches the morning after surgery and wouldn't allow me to use a frame like everyone else. I had told him that my non TKR knee was very weak.

Later that morning I fell and ended up In a heap on the floor x

A kind nurse sorted me a frame out and I could use that. He (the physio) returned later and told me off and insisted I use the crutches. He took the frame away. He was dreadful. He made three older ladies cry.

I had to send for a nurse to escort me to the loo again and I only walked a few steps around the bed and I fell again.

She wheeled me to the loo and back and sorted out a frame for me.

The following morning I didn't feel well. A nurse came to do my obs and the next thing she'd vanished returning with a doctor. I had developed a severe chest infection. Instead of staying in hospital for three days I was in for 9 days! I had a resting heartbeat of 133 bpm just like I'd come out of aerobics x x

I was confined to bed for 48 hours which hindered my movement.

Something was wrong from then. It remained swollen, went down briefly for a month and then started all over again. In June I had injections and aspiration done. That was when the OS realised that here was a problem with my patella. It hadn't been replaced. Apparently it's 60/40 whether they replace.I could barely walk by the end of August this year.

I went back into hospital for revision on 22nd September. This seems to have worked. I've had a few moments where it's swollen up but that only happens if I overdo it. Xx

I'm pleased with the revision results xxx

This is a very condensed version but factual xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness! You poor thing. I hope that physio had his licensing taken away. I can't believe he forced you back on your feet with crutches after you had fallen. My biggest fear, even now, is of falling on my knees. I can't imagine how much it must have hurt you. Thank goodness your revision seems to be helping. You sure did have a rough year. Here's to a much better 2015 for you! :cheers:
 
Hi Nana Moon, just read some of your thread, OMG it looked awful, so glad to hear it is now behind you, I must say I am extremely pleased with the look of my knee, the scar is very find and I only have a tiny scab in the middle where I hit it with my walking stick :gaah:, I tried to put a pic on the gallery section but could not d it as the pic was too large
 
Back
Top Bottom