Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi all
I hope you've all had a fabulous Christmas Day!!!

We had a fantastic Christmas dinner at daughters. It was so lovely and relaxing. They'd worked so hard between them. She laid the table out beautifully.

The dinner was excellent. She gave me coke instead of wine so that was nice. I had a lovely relaxing afternoon. When we got in. We tidied up a bit and I went to bed exhausted xx

My knees are not great but after tomorrow I can start being kind to them again xx my TKR is double the size of my other knee. My non TKR feels like something is broken when going up and downstairs even with my crutch x I'm going down for ice packs shortly xxxxx

We are catering for about 18...kids, partners, grandkids, his dad, his brother. They will have a buffet style dinner where they can help themselves to whatever they want xx

Merry Christmas
Love Ann xxx
 
@Ellejay I'm going to try the legs up the wall. The last time I did this, which was quite some time ago, I fell asleep. Amazingly my legs never moved. I don't know whether this is going to be doable with my left knee but one can only try xxx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!


There you go @Ellejay but they're hurting a bit so I managed five minutes and the swelling my right one has gone down a bit. It's got a funny indentation where the swellings gone down on the right kneecap.

@Pumpkln any thoughts or comments would be welcomed. I know this is from ODIC.

Love Nana moon xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It was so good @busylizzie

It was so nice. There was us, our daughter, her partner and their son, my 19 yr old grandson. The dinner was fantastic, the table so beautiful. It was amazing x x x

How was your day? Xxx
 
@nanamoon. Ann I can't believe your knee. Is that the replaced one?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
You're probably snoozing by now Nana but I wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas! I hope it was good for you and your knees allowed you to enjoy yourself. :)
 
Thanks @gr82cu2

Yes I had a great afternoon but I'm in pain from overdoing it the last two days
I hope you had a lovely Christmas too? Xxxx

@susanne yes it us the replaced one in the right. My left one looks like it's withering away yet I exercise every single day! Xxx
 
Just looking at your posts as I can't sleep either. I had a hip revision on November 25 and my knee looks just like that-- even though it wasn't my knee-- hip looks worse!
How I can empathize!
Keep posting !
Birdie53
 
I can cope with the swelling but the pain is quite rough at the moment. I've just taken my Paracetamol (Tylenol) early. I've had no choice. The pain is radiating up and down my leg, down into my foot and up into my hip.

Worse still is the insomnia and I'm exhausted anyway. @Poppet had warned me about the energy drain. Of course I'd had to go finish the Christmas gift shopping, two days in the trot, even though I'd bought most on line. It was a nightmare xx

I have to try and get a little sleep. We are catering for 18 tomorrow for Boxing Day xx it will be buffet style x

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
@Nana moon 27 I hope that the legs up the wall position helped a little, I always find it very comfortable. I also wrap my cryo cuff round the knee at the same tine, usually the swelling reduces quite a bit.
 
Sorry, totally missed the photo. Can you post a standing photo?

Glad the swelling is down, the indentation is just the way you are healing. Keep on elevating to get the swelling down, I know you are not tolerating ice anymore. Ted hose or compression stocking would help, if you can tolerate them.

Hope you are enjoying your Boxing Day,
 
Hi all

I may not be around much for the next few days. My husbands eldest brother passed away tonight, unexpectedly. He had a massive heart attack.

I need to be around to support my husband he's obviously devastated. I've known his brother since I was 15 x

Take care love Nana moon x x x
 
Thanks @Pumpkln x we are all,so shocked and stunned. One of those men who was the life and soul of the party. I've answered a couple of posts but I am overtired and my husband said he needed some space x so I've come to bed. I have told him to wake me up if he needs some company or a cup of tea making x x

We had all had such a lovely day here. The massive lunch went well. They'd all just gone home, when we got the call. Worse still I had to break the news to my husband. Oh it was dreadful x

Catch you soon
Thanks for your kindness love Ann x x x
 
@nanamoon. Ann, so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Dear Ann, @Nana moon 27
I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your brother in law. Such a shock for you both, and for the whole family!

Please take care of yourself and your husband, and don't worry about BoneSmart for a few days. Your friends here will understand.

Love and hugs,
Caryl
 
Back
Top Bottom