Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Wow @Nana moon 27, how did you get back so quickly? Was it Christmas shopping or grocery shopping? These days are for the serious die heart shoppers. You were good to even venture out. Do you need to do ice as well? Hope you are feeling better after some good rest.
 
Hi Christine

We went in 3shops. I was in awful pain so I literally went into the that will have to do mode but actually the gifts are nice. I've ordered my dad a hernia support off Amazon. It should come today. I. Can't bear seeing himself walking around hunched up pressing his lower side xxx

Icing and elevating took a couple of paracetamol (Tylenol). If this doesn't work I'm going to risk two ibuprofen as a one off. I'm not supposed to take it due to my asthma but as a one off desperate measure I will and have done so before xxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 , just think how much you have come on in the last few weeks. It is a massive achievement to go out shopping especially at this busy time of the year. Hydrotherapy too, you should be really pleased with yourself. I know tonight will feel daunting but if you can manage it it would be great, but if not don't let it knock you back. You have been making great strides forward, not baby steps. I am proud of you!
 
Sounds like a night in front of the TV might be better than going out Ann....Poppets idea of the wheelchair sounds great...even if you only use it to hold onto..for support.....I used one for 9 months prior to my op.....hope that pain eases off xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
We were late getting to friends and by the time we got round to eating, after chatting non stop, my meds were due. I had a flash of inspiration. I asked if she had anyParacetamol (Tylenol) and Ibuprofen. I am not supposed to take ibuprofen because of my asthma but as I said earlier, I can get away with a one off dose. Well that's what I did, we had the food and that was excellent. When we left I realised I wasn't in actual pain!
I got into the car, the next thing I'd fallen asleep, with relief and we'd pulled up round the back of our house, in the garage space and he was waking me up. He asked if I was ok and I mumbled something about the relief of no pain.

I walked into the house, I shrieked at the state of the kitchen from this afternoon and it ended up we both cleared the train wreck of a kitchen.

I'm now in bed thank goodness x I'm overtired but it would have been very rude if me not to respond to your lovely posts. Thank you. Bless you xx

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I still feel an energy drain after a long day as well and I am more than a year now. But also expected due to other issues I have. Still with the holidays be careful as we tend to join that ODIC before we know it. Good that you were able to go out and have some fun with others. You have to get a pill box to carry a pain med or so when you go out in case you get stuck some where. Take care and remember to rest in between activities.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, no pain, I am thrilled to read this you have suffered for so long. I hope this is the start of a turn around for you!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Ibuprofen works like a charm for me but I'm not supposed to have it as it upsets my asthma. My knees, even now both ache and TKR is hot but the relief from pain is brilliant xx

I've slept a couple of hours but I'm still tired. So going to try sleep again. Take care

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When we left I realised I wasn't in actual pain!
Wow! That's a first for your thread @Nana moon 27 , I do hope we are going to see more of that. Well done,that is wonderful news. It is good to hear of you going out so much recently, you are making so much progress, I am really pleased for you. Xxx Lyn
 
Ann, next time you chat with your doctor see if he will prescribe Celebrex for you to try instead of ibuprofen. It might not have the same effect on your chest because it is a different class of NSAID.
 
I didn't know that @Jamie. The ibuprofen has upset my chest. I had to take my inhalers as soon as I woke up this morning. I went downstairs to make a cup of tea and both knees hurt but it was nice to have a respite from the constant pain in my non TKR last night and the aches in the TKR. The way I fell asleep in the car with relief was incredible x

Thank you for the advice, I will have a chat with the GP and see what he says xox

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Does the ibrufen gel have any effect on your errrrrrrr asthma.

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom