Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Ann,
How are you? Hope you are getting some sleep tonight. Those restless legs can disturb your sleep.
 
Ann, the trick of putting a heating pad on the small of my back when going to bed worked wonders for my restless legs. You might give it a try.
 
Ooh @Jamie I will most certainly try that tonight. Thank you for the informative tip. I'm getting a bit fed up with it. I will speak to the OS about this in January.

Hi @Pumpkln I'm Starting to get some semblance of a sleep pattern. This morning I've woken up feeling quite positive. My husband brought me a cup of tea up and looked at me and said that I look more with it today x x x ok they're a couple of hours here and there then I get my five hour sleep and thats the cure one.

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, sorry you are having trouble with your legs. Could it be RLS (Restless legs syndrome). I had that a while back long before TKR and was seen by neuro for it. I was on meds for a while and then it disappeared. Very annoying. Driving home I would have to get off the highway and get out of the car and walk around and stand up. Hope you have a good day and better evening. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Whatever it is it's getting on my nerves, they shake when I sit and all sorts x x x @chestnc I just found out why I looked brighter. I forgot to take morphine, deecongestants and other respiratory meds. All I took was paracetamol and antibiotic. However, in my head I took them so won't risk taking them again xxx
 
Ann,
You do not have to wait to see your OS to ask about your legs, call your regular physician, they should be able to help.
Please be careful with missing medications.
I was taking pain medication by the clock at the same stage after my revision, it will get better.
 
My problem is @Pumpkln I'm absolutely convinced I took them all. Its terrible. I have to take the daily antibiotic and 2 paracetamol (Tylenol) an hour before other meds and I'm sure I took the others.

I will try and see GP and speak to him before Christmas xx
 
I have done the same thing thinking I took my medications when in fact I did not. I keep my meds in daily containers so I can better keep track. It works well for me.
Nothing worse than wondering did I, or didn't I????
:scratch::shrug:
 
Ann,I'm only taking Tramadol and paracetamol but time passes so quickly sometimes I'm convinced I've taken them, other times I'm sure I haven't, the only way I can be sure is by writing down in a small notebook the time and the dosage of what I've taken. As some days start earlier/ later than others my first dose could be 8am or sometimes 9, so then I can write down the four hour intervals throughout the coming day. This also ensures I don't have too many paracetamol in a 24hr period. I recommend this method, then you can be sure what you've taken. Lyn xxx
 
The worst of it is that is what they are in...a daily dosage box. There were all the meds except antibiotic and paracetamol still in this mornings container but I was so positive I'd taken them. Oh it's a nightmare @Pumpkln xxxx
 
Im beginning to suspect I didn't take the meds this morning that were found in the dosing box. I couldn't risk it as I thought I was so certain that I'd taken them. Yet could not explain how come the tablets were in my dosing box.

I couldn't lead with my non TKR because the pain is so awful that I've had to lead using my TKR. This wana bit uncomfortable but not like the non TKR x x It's holding up much better than the non TKR at the mo. X

Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
@Nana moon 27, sorry you are having trouble with your leg. You said your husband commented on. It didn't bother you or keep you awake? I have been dealing with restless leg for the past couple of weeks. It usually starts when I am resting. I will be sitting in the recliner watching TV and it slowly starts that I have an uncontrollable urge to move my leg. At times I tense up my whole leg to try to stop the twitching. In doing this my knee starts hurting. It started last night around 10:30. I went to bed around 11:30 and it wouldn't stop. I finally gave in at 2 and took a muscle relaxer and then a little after 3 I took a pain pill as my knee was hurting so much. I tried the heating pad in the small of my back and it didn't do anything for me. Then I tried it on the back of my leg. I don't know if it was a combination of the meds or the heating pad or what, but it finally settled down a little after 4. Like you I'm going to call my GPS to see what I can do.
 
@Yorkimom - you might look into magnesium for RLS - I was having pretty bad cramping at night and found that adding mag really helped me. You'll want to research though, the more common kinds are for constipation and that's a different problem all together! I use Natural Calm - helps for sleep, as well.

Not recommending for you, Ann since I know you are weary of taking so many things as it is.
 
Sorry you are suffering with your legs Ann....my mother in law suffered similar trouble & found icing & then putting a heat pad on the back of her knee helped. Do hope your GP can help you.
Hoping you have a good Christmas and that 2015 proves a turning point for you. Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@nanamoon. Hi ann sometimes my legs get so bad that I have burning like stabbing in my legs and across top if ankles. I can't even walk. I usually put ice on ankles or legs that helps. Also my dr recommended tonic water bc of the quinine ( no vodka though) which helps if I do on a regular basis. Also potassium , bananas to help I also kind of douse by body, joints knees shoulders lower back with icy hot roll on or salon pas patches. Such a loverly scent for bedtime!!!
Feel better


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom