Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hello all

Thank you for your advice. At the moment I'm taking @Jamie suggestion of a heat pack under my lower back. It doesn't feel too bad trouble is because I totally messed up the meds today I'm not entirely comfortable. I've not long taken my night time dose and pray it works xxx

@TexasTee yes I've heard that magnesium is really good, but you totally appreciate the fact that I am already taking 22 tablets a day, and I thank you for that. :friends:Btw your Christmas tree is so perfect. I saw it in the new thread. Wow it's so lovely x x x

@susanne I've got bananas finally today. My daughter took me shopping. I didn't last long there, it was very busy, I was a touch panicky to say the least and the pain started in both knees but we had managed a few basics x x x oh btw how's the patient? I went to show my granddaughter Kitty but she'd fallen fast asleep xx I will show her the pic tomorrow xxx

@Hoppy Nanny icing unfortunately doesn't help my legs. However, the heat seems to have taken the edge off it. I've still got the ache that makes me want to stretch the whole of the back of both legs but so far no twitch, using the aforementioned heat pack xxx

I'm going to say night night now. Catch you soon. Have a great weekend xxx

Love Ann xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 sorry you are having these issues with your legs. Poor thing it is always something on the TKR recovery road. Sometimes our other health issues are just as bad or worse than the TKR pain. I hope you find something that relieves the pain. Have a good weekend.
 
Good morning Ann,
I hope you managed to get a reasonable nights sleep last night and that everything returns to an even keel for you today. I also hope the meds work out properly and you manage to sort those restlesslegs out.
Have a good weekend xxxx
 
that's the way lass sleep was best thing. Still confuddled tho as to concept of NORMAL errrrrrr personally speaking x

Legin THR Sep 14
 
It's taken me all this time to get into a sleep routine. I am spending a bit less time on my iPad. I'm doing different stuff in the day since I decided that I don't have to stay in my room. That it was doing me no good. I've been downstairs getting involved in more daily stuff.

I've had quite a lot of visitors this week and that's made me feel heaps better. Mom and dad have been over twice, my husbands friend and wife came, I've seen my daughter most days. She took me to the shop yesterday despite the pain. I managed to get some basics, like bananas, vegetables eats. Ok I didn't last long there but at least I got out.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, so glad you are getting sleep. I think because you are keeping busy outside of the home as well as in. Good for you. Enjoy your visitors and your days. It is always nice to have visitors in your home. Good company and a distraction. Take good care of yourself Ann and hope you are getting some good sleep right now. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Have done hair (I didn't want to), ironed clean clothes (didn't want to) going Christmas shopping (aaaargghhh crowds). However, now I'm dressed and ready I feel so much better xox xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for meds to kick in x x x both knees uncomfortable today, non TKR is worsen going to use both crutches while shopping x I've explained we need a shop with a wide variety of stuff and somewhere to sit and have a cuppa x x x x
 
Good luck with the shopping Ann, do take care. I hope people are considerate and don't knock into you.
Yes, I will perch on my high stool, do some baking listening to Classic fm and then retreat to my recliner - not sure where the walk fits into this? Xxxx
 
Hope your shopping expedition went ok @Nana moon 27.......hope you got all you needed including that cuppa! I've done all my shopping now thank goodness...Chichester was rammed yesterday......I'm not venturing into another shop now. Hope your meds are kicking in and helping your pain...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Make sure you try to rest after your couple of hectic days Ann - remember the energy drain :)
 
Would it help if you could hire a wheel chair to scoot around doing the last minute shopping Ann?
 
He won't hear of it Poppet. Where we are going now are lots of areas where I can sit. I only really want to go in one shop xxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom