Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@Nana moon 27, Hi Ann! I'm not sure why you are shaking, but it could be that you are working harder than you think. While working out in the water put less stress on your joints, you are still working had. For the first 6-8 weeks after PT, I found that once I got home I was literally shaking with the shivers. I would bundle up with three blankets and fall asleep. For several hours I would feel as though I was getting the flu, with chills and overall achiness. Then after a few hours it would go away and I would be fine. The first couple of times I did think I was getting sick. But I kept track of it happening and found it happened very time after PT. We came to the conclusion that I was working hard and exhausting myself and it was my body's way of handling it.
Hope you feel better soon. Anne:reindeer:
 
Hi all

Lovely to hear from you. I hope you are all ok.

I've rested pretty well today. Elevated, slept, ate, drank water, I don't think it was enough. My throats a bit sore today. However, when I got back into the car after hydro, hubby had been thoughtful and got me a small bottle of Vimto. I took an enormous slug of it because I was so thirsty and ended up choking. It was fizzy and I hadn't realised. Anyway once I'd settled down I was grateful.

I don't know why it is but hydro wears me out. Every weeks the same. I'm worn out and I hurt x however, I really do enjoy it and I feel great afterwards because I've been able to do exercise.

@Ellejay the appointment on 27th Jan is for both knees. They are big being xrayed. However, the non TKR is having an X-ray to compare with last February, which he already informed me in October, when he looked at it a and told me that it had gone. He did not know what the last hospital thought they were going to save as there was nothing to save x x x
 
I'm attempting to recall the exercises...very foggy brain. Started off with marching in the pool, then squats, then aerobic step in the water, noodle under one foot at a time pushing it down against the resistance of the water, no hands, to the floor of the pool and back, balancing on one leg at a time, doing a breast stroke to make it harder, finished off with those dreadful flippers.

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Wow @Nana moon 27, that is so much more strenuous than the hydrotherapy I had in the past. No breaststroke, no flippers, no squats, no aerobic step. Started with a gentle walk up and down the pool a few times to warm up. Then gentle lunges, kicks while holding on to the pool rail. Near the end putting a noodle under my feet in turn and allowing them to float up towards the surface from behind. Yours seems to be a full work out, I could never have managed it.
 
You know @busylizzie when I read what I'd done I couldn't believe how much x it is hard and both knees were hurting halfway through. I told her and she said have a short break then continue. I will tell them straight in January no more flippers they hurt too much xx

I think the sweats may be menopausal @Yorkimom x

Night night love Ann xxx
 
Lol given them back to Flipper
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
Xxx
In fact he can keep them xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 your hydrotherapy sounded exhausting and flippers put a lot of strain on your knees! I thought you'd be doing relaxing stuff with gentle stretches etc. also breaststroke is def not a great idea. Perhaps you need an easier routine which I'm sure would be good for you. No wonder you feel tired out.
I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Sorry to hear your other knee is playing up too.
Take care
X
 
Thank you @SuperSnapper

Standing on one leg balancing in one spot doing a breast stroke movement isn't the best. I'm aching and overtired. Thank you for posting. I will pop and see you in your post tomorrow xxx

Love Ann xx
 
Yes, it sounds like you are working a bit too hard.
 
Started off with marching in the pool, then squats, then aerobic step in the water, noodle under one foot at a time pushing it down against the resistance of the water, no hands, to the floor of the pool and back, balancing on one leg at a time, doing a breast stroke to make it harder, finished off with those dreadful flippers.
Too flipping much!

Just because the water bears some of your weight, it is very easy to do too much without realising it. All I did when I had hydrotherapy after my PKR was balancing and walking slowly forwards and backwards. Sometimes the therapist would have me bend into a mini-squat, but not very far.

Another thing - it is very easy to dehydrate when you are exercising in water. Because you can't feel that you are sweating and because the water is wet (duh! of course!) you don't realise you are dehydrating. Take a bottle of water and put it on the side of the pool. My kids always had to do that when they did swimming training. Their coach insisted on it.
 
@Nana moon 27 :wave: Had to drop by and say Hey!

I am so glad you're getting the hydro therapy!! Yes, it is easy to over do because it feels so good ( up to a point, of course!). Yes, you need to drink water before, during if you can, and after!! Maybe have a protein shake before ? If you like them, have a tuna sandwich or egg salad sandwich after to jump on the protein. Those were easy to have pre-mixed so t could get one on a plate fast and easy! I actually LOVED having a good 'sammie' after the pool!

You are doing great!! Keep after it!
 
Thank you @Celle I will do that. It makes sense x I've been awake on and off. I've had three hours sleep. Hubby decided he was coming to bed. He got in less than five mins later as I was starting to doze off I heard him say. This is stupid. I asked him what he meant. Apparently my legs jump about or twitch constantly x he's back downstairs. He brought me a cup of tea up. So that's my apology xxx strangely my granddaughter said the same last week. I wonder what's causing this?

Love Ann xxx
 
Hello Ollie

It's lovely to hear from you x yes I think this is all good advice I'm getting for January when I go back. I cannot put my knees through what they went through today. I love egg and I love tuna, mayo and sweetcorn. Yummy xx
 
Ty Jamie I.suffer restless on.a.reg basis also jerking foot. Nooooooooooooooooooooo can't give up coffeeeee I hv a.built in caffeine meter with alarm. Thanks tho @Jamie

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Ann I have the same problem with my legs. Started before tkr got worse as the months went by. Ar times I feel like I have to stretch my knee, or I jump out if bed and try stretching my leg. Even went on bike to see if that helps. I bought in amazon homeopathic pills called leg cramps. They dissolve under tongue. Don't know if it's mind over matter but it helps a bit.
Some pix of kitty waving hi for your granddaughter. Couldn't resist
Feel good. Susanne
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh @susanne thanks for the advice. Today I was dozing off in the sofa downstairs. My legs were jumping around. What I will have to do is check with my GP. The problem is I'm on 22 tablets a day inc respiratory medication so I have to be very very careful xxxx

I will show my granddaughter Kitty she will love that. Thank you xx
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom