Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Still got pain I'm left knee particularly. It's getting on my nerves. I am now due to take meds which I'll do right now x x

I've got both granddaughters. Hubby had to go out. Little one wanted bacon sandwich. So, I used both crutches to get downstairs. Made the sandwich. Shouted her you come and get it now honey. I asked her to fetch my pill dispenser down. She did this. Asked if she could have tray for the sandwich and asked if she could eat it in my room. I said yes. She's got a Christmas movie on up there and is enjoying the space and the peace. The elder one is still asleep in their bedroom. Again another one enjoying space and peace!

By doing things this way I saved two trips up and downstairs. She 81/2 years old and can do certain stuff. She was only too glad to help nana!! x x x

Catch you later.
Love Ann
 
Okay. Update. My left non TKR has reduced me to two crutches. I've limited stair use to abs min. I've been up and down three times, twice for loo and once for shower. On hindsight I should have used the shower after one of the loo trips. Never mind, I'll remember xx

Im using both crutches to take pressure off. My eldest granddaughter has stayed with me xx she's doing us some dinner right now. It a chicken tikka masala ready meal. I'm not a lover of processed food but the meat joint is still cooking because I forgot to put it on! Her mom has told her not to take any I'm not hungry or in the mood from me.

I am ok but still flat. The tree is up and not decorated. I need help putting on the lights. Maybe hubby will help xxxx
 
Oh my Ann @Nana moon 27, so sorry you are not feeling well. My goodness. Seems like something is going on with the non-op knee. Gosh, can you be seen by your OS? That knee needs to be looked at. Great that the grand daughters are there with you. A big help they can be to fetch this and that. Hope you are feeling better real soon. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Nana moon 27 just checking to see how you are doing go. Sorry to hear that you are still having pain. Having to go up and down the stairs is such a strain on your knees. I hope your hubby helped you decorate your tree. It always makes me feel better once the tree is up and you can enjoy looking at it. Please try to take care of yourself and rest. Anne:snowman:
 
The pain in both knees tonight is awful. I've tried everything. Ice packs, heat, shower. I don't know what more I can do xx

I'm ashamed to say the trees still undecorated. I'm on two crutches and today I have had a rest day. Ive unusually watched movies with my eldest granddaughter who stayed with me until this evening. Her little sis had a Christmas party. I'm too short at 5ft 3 and a bit to reach lights up and over the tree which is six foot. Maybe one of the grandsons might pop in.
 
@Nana moon 27, sorry to hear that you are still in so much pain. Wish I had a suggestion for you. Don't you dare even think of trying to do the tree yourself!!!!! Put a request out there for your grandchildren to come and dgo corset the tree for you and you'll serve some nice hot chocolate when they're done.
There is nothing wrong in having a rest day. I did the same myself today. Last night was the Christmas party at the club. The band they had was wonderful. It was killing me not being able to dance like I would have liked. It's amazing what you can do on pain medication compared to when you're not. It was just last month that we went to hubby's class reunion and I danced a lot. I hurt that night and the next day, but I was still taking pain meds a few times a day and had taken some before the dance. Now I'm only taking them before therapy and if my knee is really bothering me. So I han't taken anything since the night before when my RLS was bothering me so badly. Anyway I tried a dance or two and it was just too painful. I still had a great time, but would have loved to have danced more. Next year will be a different story:re-snowman:
 
Ann, the world won't end if the tree doesn't get decorated. But I do think the grandkids can do that while you sit in a chair with your knees iced and elevated and supervise. If the tree only gets decorated on the bottom....then it becomes a special memory! Take a photo and have a good laugh every Christmas from now on.
 
Hope your feeling a bit better @Nana moon 27 resting is the best.
I felt very sorry for myself yesterday in lots of pain with the knee and back,but we went out to our friends christmas lunch, she has M.S and also had a massive stroke last year, in wheelchair all the time and completely paralysed down one side,the thing is Jan is such a positive person always laughing and joking,she has a wonderful husband who does everything for her and they try to get on with there life as best they can.
The moral of the story is I came home and felt much better,if Jan can keep going with all that, I know I can.
Take care try not to do the stairs to much today.x
 
Brilliant attitude. @yiayia3 I have a friend like that and we have a.childrens hospice in the town I have visited it and was truly moved. Hope the knee gets better but probably.also this cold snap doesn't help

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Good morning @Nana moon 27, I'm so sorry you are in such pain. When are you next seeing the consultant? You said you would ask again about an injection. It definitely helped me get through the last few weeks before the TKR, it must be worth a try.
I love @Jamie's idea about a half decorated tree, it would certainly be a talking point (surely your husband would step in and finish it?)
I hope you have a much better day today xxxx
 
Mmm @Jamie my two eldest grandchildren are 18&19 years old. I could ask them to do the lights. I might call them after sixth form and work tonight. Thank you x x

@Ellejay I'm due to see the consultant in January. I will find out the exact date this morning. I will phone up and check.

Hi @Pumpkln, I thought I was the only person who felt like that about the ice x thank you. I think today with the non TKR I might try heat. It used to work well on the other one before replacement. Trouble is no two knees are the same x x x

Hi @yiayia3

You're so right. I don't know what's happened to my positive attitude lately. It's taken a real nosedive. The healthy minds woman is due to contact me today on the phone. As usual, forgot the time x x xox will check on the site.

Have a great day all. It's lovely to hear from you all.

Love Nana mon. 27 xoxoxox
 
@Nana moon 27, good morning Ann! I hope you had a restful night and are feeling better today. Since the ice has been bothering you and it's the non operated knee, try the heat. What do you have to lose. I hope you have a good day. Anne :re-snowman:
 
Hi Ann,
I'm wishing you less knee pain and a better night's sleep tonight. :friends:
 
Thanks @Pumpkln

Got hydro in morning. I've got early start. But better today but still not quite right. However knees played havoc today. The TKR is objecting to the extra work it's doing because my other one is so bad.

Did you get any more snow?

@Ellejay the heat helped my knee Non TKR. However, it's been so damp here this afternoon it's no wonders it's aching. Hope your ok?

Love Nana moon 27 x
 
Been to hydro today. It went ok. A different physio. Oh the exercise was hard work today it's wiped me out. The final exercise using flippers really hurt both knees xx

Does anyone know why I shake for hours after this? Xx

Other than that I'm ok. I asked at the appointments desk in the way out when my exact date was with Mr S in January. She said a letter was sent out to me in October x I explained I'd not received one so she printed me one there and then. It's 27th January. I'm not back at hydro until 7th Jan.

Love Nana moon 27
 
@Nana moon 27
Hi Ann, I'm sure the hydro exercises are doing you a power of good, but they are hard work. I sometimes shake when I've overdone it, and I've always assumed it's something to do with my blood sugar levels - which are normally perfectly OK, I'm not even pre diabetic- but if our muscles have been working really hard I've just always thought they needed more glucose/ sugar, but I could be totally incorrect, I have no medical training, maybe someone on here knows whether my assumption is correct?
 
Does anyone know why I shake for hours after this?
Sorry to hear the PT overworked and caused you pain during Hydro, you have until January to recover, and decide what limits you are going to place on them during your next visit.
You are probably doing too much in the pool, I assume you were not chilled.
You should not be using flippers, your TKR knee is not ready, and your other knee is too inflamed.
Write this down so you can tell them in January that you need an appropriate hydro program for the condition of your knees.
You do not have to do a lot, and can receive great benefit from a gentle program.
 
Actually, following any workout session, you would be much better served to eat protein rather than carbs. I agree with Pumpkln regarding the use of flippers....too soon for that much stress on your new knee and it will definitely keep your bad knee inflamed and angry. Remember our guidance to never do anything that causes pain more than just the mildest of discomfort when you're doing it (and no resulting pain afterwards). You must be firm with these folks who don't understand that this much activity is not benefiting you.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom