Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

The hydro went well and I have a different physio next week. Woohoo!!! I've still got a very strange pain going up from the top of my knee along the centre muscle that goes up from it (or down to it). I've taken it pretty easy today. I've elevated when I can. My parents came to visit and stayed ages which was nice. My biggest bug bear are those stairs but it was so nice to be down here with the big telly, playing Christmas songs. That helped me get into the mood a bit more. The dead feeling I've had in my soul is going daily. I'm really starting to feel better in my spirit. Going out is okay, if it's somewhere I'm familiar with but if it's anywhere busy I still can't do it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Darn and rats. My left non TKR has given way twice. I'm stuck in my chair with daughters not letting me move. It's gone twice today. The second time was on way downstairs. The pain went straight through my knee joint really and both times xxx I've taken some paracetamol (Tylenol) x

I'm fed up. I was all set to do my Christmas tree and decs. Now I'm having to let them do it. It's sooooo hard. I still have a bit of control freak then :heehee:

Catch you later x

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Oh Ann, I can fully empathise over the Christmas decorations, I haven't done any at all. Apparently downstairs looks really good, so my husband and daughter tell me, I still haven't been downstairs. My daughter has put a mini tree with lights on it in my bedroom, "to cheer me up".
I'm so sorry about you left knee, once again I know exactly how you feel. But until you can really trust your right knee you don't really want to have the left done, I'm aware of how much work I'm expecting my right knee to do, luckily it is really strong now.
It's my grandsons 3rd birthday tomorrow, and the first one I will have missed. I am just hoping that a) I am fit enough for the car journey on Wednesday to see him in his Nativity, and b) that there will be a spare ticket - there was talk about only two tickets per family - oh dear, that would make me cry!
Chat soon, xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 That is why hubby did his so close together, was afraid that the old knee would give out and he would fall on the new knee. His were beginning to give out all the time. Do you have some kind of brace or wrap for it? Well, you can sit there and boss your family around to get the decorations up. Then when your leg feels better you can get up and fix them.
 
Ann, @Nana moon 27

I'm so sorry your other knee is giving you gyp. Oh those blessed stairs of yours! What a shame you don't have a downstairs loo.

Do try to not get too upset that you can't do everything for Christmas this year - next year could be better!

HUGS!
 
Definitely use a brace if you haven't been - I have a whole collection of them depending on what I need to do - won't stop the pain but it does generally keep you upright!
 
Oh @yiayia3

I'm having to use both crutches to get up and downstairs now. I've put myself to bed.

I can't cope with how tiny and cramped the room is looking with the Christmas tree and fireplace decs up. As bad as it sounds I wanted to put it all away, so I could breathe properly. I may feel differently once the Christmas tree is decorated but somehow I don't think so There was only me, my husband, my two granddaughters aged 14 & 8 and I felt like I was trapped. Oh it was awful. So I used my sense and came upstairs instead.

@TexasTee I don't have any kind of knee braces I'll look into that.

@Celle the downstairs loo will be fitted after Christmas. I cannot wait x x x x

I'm beginning to relax again a bit now xxxx
 
I hope you are feeling like this :elevate: upstairs resting. My guess is all the Christmas stuff was slightly dusty and irritated your lungs, making your breathing not quite right. So frustrating for those of us with lung problems.
I was using crutches up until the middle of October, use them if you need them. I know they saved me a lot of pain and aggravation.
Relaxing right now, taking a break from filing papers, :type:.
 
@Nana moon 27 Do you have an air purifier. Might be worth investing in one. I get a bit Closter phobic when I am in tight places. It's strange what our phobias can do to our bodies. Hope you get some rest.
 
@Nana moon 27 Hello Ann! I am trying to get myself off to sleep, but had to stop in here and check up on some of my favorite folks. I am so upset for you that the pain is hanging on. We need to find a way to chase it off. Maybe you need a witch doctor to dance around a little fire? Seems to me it may do as much good as the last surgeon you had. This just isn't right. Have you had a follow up lately? Mary
 
What's happened Mary @wolfwoman is that I had a massive anxiety attack which led to depression. I'm being treated for that. The pain now is in my non TKR and I think it's gone and this is why I'm in pain xx I'm having to use crutches to get up and downstairs xxx

I'm very fed up and overtired. I'm hoping sleep exhaustion will knock me out xxx

Xxxxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27 sounds like a panic attack have you ever had one? If it happens again lots of slow deep breathing, I used to get them a lot after my sons accident. I was told to imagine breathing in green or blue and breath out red sounds silly but it does work.Hope you feel better soon x
 
I'm so sorry you had a bad night Ann, during the day we can distract ourselves, but night time pain is just horrid. I have been reading myself to sleep, but I had to give up on the 'heavy' classic I've been meaning to read for ages and I've just got a 'chick lit' - no concentration required.
I hope you have a better day xxxxx
 
I'm going to try that @1ELISEA I slept through sheer exhaustion in the end. I will try the shower in a minute xx thank you xxx
 
Back
Top Bottom