Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Do hope that this morning finds you more rested & that some of your pains have gone......do think you should stick with the support of one crutch/cane for a while....it will support your knee & hips ....I know you want to move on after all you've been through...it must be very frustrating.....wishing you a better day! Xx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@nanamoon.

Ann just wondering before I had my hip replacement I would get pains in my knees and ankles. The call it referred pain. It just goes anywhere. This is before I had knee issues. Also laying a lot could hurt your hips too. Try and sit on a cushion when the seats are low. With a hip can't break that 90 degree angle. Hope this might ease some hip joint pain for you
 
Hi @susanne

That makes sense, referred pain. Never gave it a thought. My hips do feel better today. I used my crutch yesterday and am doing the same today. I have one of those adjustable height chairs downstairs, a bit like you'd find in a care home that's what I sit down on. My husbands had to adjust the height twice. It's tricky because the adjusters adjust in full inches. I'm 5ft 31/2 inches. I'm not that tall. That 1/2" created a problem. So I have it lower rather than higher.

I'm just so tired xlovely to hear from you
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
I'm pleased to report that my knees are feeling a touch better. The pain has gone out of my hips,there's a dull ache but it's nothing really. Ive Been using my crutch on the stairs. They are the culprit again. I've had to use them to try and stay out of my room. I've had the house to myself this week and it's suited me to make as much noise or be as quiet as I like. I've been down the back garden each day. I haven't been out since Tuesday night. I had visitors yesterday. That wore me out. I will try a short walk tomorrow, if the weather is ok and I can get someone to come with me. I'm better now the doubled antidepressants are finally starting to kick in and I've managed to keep the morphine down to 50 mg a day and 8paracetamol a day (Tylenol). I'm still a bit anxious but I've been a lot better since I stopped staying in my room all the while and doing chores around the place. It's just those stairs. I'm nothing as low as I was last week. I really did hit rock bottom. Thank god for antidepressants, Healthy Minds Team and friends on here that have supported me in to variety of different ways. I
 
Morning all

I hope you slept well. Just a dull ache in my knees today. Left (non TKR) worse than the right. My kids and grandkids are due down today round lunchtime. I'm looking forward to that.

Still cannot shift this fatigue.

Take care

Love Ann x xx x
 
I fell asleep on the sofa in the living room, they were all in the kitchen area with my husbands youngest sister and I felt so tired I couldn't open my eyes hardly. I got up walked into the living room and next thing my husbands asking me if I'm ok half hour later. I asked him why and he said I've been a bit strange today and shaky. Pretty well how I feel to be honest. I finally did some work this morning on the online CBT that was sent to me. I learnt some stuff about anxiety today I didn't know. It's helped immensely. The support worker Is calling me again on December 1st for a review and further discussion. She has access to all the stuff I complete on line. It is modular.

My TKR is swollen because I was stupid earlier this morning. Nothing new there. My husband popped out so I thought I'd clean up. In the kitchen area, there is a very comfortable corner sofa. There is a narrow gap between it and the fridge freezer. The vacuum was through the gap behind the furniture. So I picked it up, it was heavy and as I twisted round. Ouch! One hot pain above and on my knee. I still vacuumed and got on with stuff. Now I'm paying for it x so elevation and ice, ice, baby!!!
 
@Nana moon 27 Good afternoon to you! I think the BS forum is dropping alerts again! I have had anxiety attacks, not fun. It was pretty bad a few years ago at the start of peri-menopause, it is getting better. I hope you find help from yours. It is awful feeling you don't have control of your life.
 
Thanks @tiredwife, the panic/anxiety attacks they're awful. I'm not sure what stage I'm at menopausally I've not had a period in a year now. Prior to that I was like a moody teenager all over again. Xxxx

I think I've come through the worst. There were too many things going on at once, plus I'd been Ill with that pesky bug! Counting the steroids and antibiotics on top,of my regular meds for two weeks I was on 29 tablets a day, now I'm back to the usual 22. I'm hoping some of this will get sorted at the chest clinic next month xx

Love Ann xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 I did some research anxiety and panic attacks happen to a lot of women at that stage of our lives. I think some of it stems from once the hormones go wacko, the body can't adjust and everything goes wacko. When it rains it pours. Seems like when one thing goes wrong it becomes an avalanche.
 
I've found out why my TKR has started to hurt. Yesterday twice I carried stuff up and downstairs not using the hand rail or crutches. Too much strain on the joint x thinking about it ice dine that a few times this week. I'm still two feet per stair so really this isn't ideal. So I can sort this.

My husbands just asked me to get dressed and ready to do a bit more shopping today, as I was ok last night. Only at Lidl. That's about five or six minutes drive away. I'm so tired all I want to so is sleep. I'm going to get ready though.
 
Sorry it's taken me so long to post. I'm absolutely exhausted. Totally over did the shopping, I put it away, I sorted/reorganised out the freezer and unloaded all the stuff into it. Husband carried it all up the path in several journey because his neck and shoulder are killing him. We got in I made him a drink and told him to sit down while I sorted out the shopping. Oh my knees. My back.

My son and his partner came this afternoon. I gave them them her daughters 18th birthday present. I hope that she likes it. I had a mild panic attack while they were there totally out of the blue. I'm okay now I've come up for a rest. But like I say I am very tired x x x xx

Hope you're all having a good day

Love Ann x x xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all

Well I had a happy day, sad day. I've had the house to myself and pottered, had an early nap and then my house phone rang. It was one of my dearest friends. She asked how I was. Then she took a deep breath and said that she had some bad news. Our other friends husband had a liver cancer operation the other day. It was to be done In two parts. He had the first op last week and I phoned her and she said he was ok but fed up. All he wanted was for their lives to go back to normal. He was due the second op later this week. He had two heart attacks this morning and died. She's obviously devastated, he was a lovely man, an excellent husband and the love of her life. I'm going to text her my condolences tomorrow and get a sympathy card.

My granddaughter came here straight from school today. I cooked her something to eat and made her a cup,of tea. She looked at me and said that I seem a bit better. My eldest daughter rang me and said on you're not half asleep you sound quite chirpy. I said I was ok x x I think the early nap helped x x x

It's cold tonight -3 xxx

I hope that you've all had a lovely day, morning, night wherever you are x x xx

With love From Nana moon 27 xox
 
Hi Nana moon 27, sorry to hear about your bad news.

Pleased that you are continuing to improve. Slowly, slowly does it, don't overdo it an join the ODIC club.
 
Ann, I have read some articles on women who lose their husbands and all speak of how lonely they are on Sunday evenings. It is a traditional family time. I have invited lots of single folks over on Sunday evening to have a simple family meal---no big preps. I think that is what your friend would like most, a simple dinner with a friend when she can talk about her husband without a lot of drama.

After a few weeks, why don't you ask her over on Sunday evening --even just for fish and chips from a local take out?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My knees really ache tonight. My daughters told me off about the number of times I went upstairs while they were here. Apparently four times but I don't recall that many. They said they wondered how many times I'd been up and down today. I haven't a clue. Quite a few. My TKR is hot tonight, my left knee just plain hurts x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so tired, I hope I can sleep well tonight :sleep::bath:. The movers put all of Mom's stuff in storage today. It is a very nice storage place, our locker is near the office and easy to access.
We all used to go to her place for Thanksgiving every year, this year we are going to my Brothers just north of town. It will be different for sure. She would be glad that we will all be together for the holiday.
Wishing you a good nights sleep!
 
Had a lousy night again. Woke up in pain, feeling completely fed up. Anyway I finally fell asleep about 7.30 am and woke up at 10am in awful pain. I have taken my meds and now waiting for them to kick in. I'm very tired too.

My hydrotherapy appointment is at 3pm this afternoon. Hate the thought of wearing a costume, even though it is a really nice one but hey, they'll see far worse I'm sure.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom