Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Today I got up and came downstairs again, nice and early 7.am ish, had cup of tea and breakfast with husband before he went out. I've pottered around the house doing light chores. I've put the washing on and I'm going to peg it out. I made myself go into the back garden and load the bird feeders. I was ok. Bit shaky but ok. I think the doubled antidepressants are kicking in.


Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The revision has made a significant difference to my knee. I'm 7weeks out with it now. I just can't do distances yet. However, I start hydrotherapy next Wednesday and hopefully then I'll see major improvements.

Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
After all that anxiety, praying someone would cancel, I went out. Oh how I enjoyed it. It was like I'd never been away except I was a lot quieter than normal. I was hanging on every word that was being said. Soaking up conversation that I'd not heard for such a long time. It was funny really, inevitably they started to talk about the students and although I don't know the new intake, the issues were the same as last year x

Had a brilliant night. I'm so glad I went. I'm so pleased and grateful to the people on here who encouraged me to just go for it.

My granddaughter worked a miracle on my face tonight. She had three bottles of foundation, one my skin tone, one light, one dark, bronzer, pink blusher and a peachy blusher. Anyway she wouldn't let me look in a mirror but when I realised she'd used some out of each bottle, I gently said to her "you can't use all that on my face it will make my wrinkles look worse. She looked and said "nana trust me!" So I sat back. I let her continue. After no more than five or ten minutes she said "ok you can look now!" I'm not kidding you she knocked ten years off me. I felt better about how I looked. My confidence started to improve x

I said she should put that on YouTube...makeup tips for over 50's. I asked how she'd managed to get my skin to look like it did. It looked radiant. She started going on about contours, light, shade and then laughed. She realised I hadn't a clue what she was on about. She said she's going to show me how to do it. So if I find out/understand, I'll post on here.

She asked what I was wearing I said probably jeans. She asked if she could choose. I agreed. I was so grateful she was here before I went out. She jollied me up, took selfies of us and then insisted on me pulling my tongue out and having a pic taken like that. Well I laughed and laughed for the first time properly in this house for a long time.

I stayed until 10.15 when my daughter came to pick me up x lots of hugs and promises to stay in touch. It was a smashing night. My granddaughter wants me to post the pics she took of me tonight x
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 291
  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    image.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited by a moderator:
I also slept almost five hours straight. Wonderful. I've woke up with a bit of a start though. So I went downstairs I made two cups of tea. Turned the main light off and the tv in the living room, left a cup of tea for my husband (just in case he was awake) and as I went to leave a voice said thank you.

I thought I'll post now. Have my cuppa and go back to sleep. I'm still tired. My knee behaved admirably last night. This morning its stiff.

What was nice was that my colleagues said to me how much I was missed. The place is too quiet and that although they've not been in touch much, they've often said "oh I wonder what Ann would make of this" or "Ann would be howling with laughter". They apologised for not being in touch much. I said I knew first hand how the September to Christmas period is and not to worry. They also asked me if I would contact them as it's all too easy to get sucked into the treadmill of marking, planning, teaching and forget about people albeit not intentionally. I said no problem.

This morning I must contact an old friend of mine. Her husband was admitted to hospital yesterday to have a liver cancer operation. He's diabetic and she's going to be out of her mind with worry.

My granddaughter stayed over last night and is going to school from here. She's having a much better term this year. She likes most of the teachers she has and that's going to help.

Catch you later

Love Ann x x x
 
@Nana moon 27

Ann,

So glad to read this morning that your night was great fun and that you enjoyed catching up,with friends.

You looked like a teenager in those photos and I don't think that's it was all do to the make-up.
I think it was your natural glow shinning through !

On this mornings' news there was a feature on "Mindfulness" for children in primary schools.
It is being used in a Dublin primary/ grade school and several of the children explained how using Mindfulness helped to keep clam and helped them not to worry about matters in their lives.

The school Principal said that they have been using it for the last three years, but can only programme it for one 30 minute session each week. And would like to extend the Mindfulness sessions, if the time table allowed.

Take care dear Ann and good to see you going out and having fun !
Try to do more of that.

Cathie
 
Ann what great news---I agree that an evening with friends is the best medicine. So what if your knee is a little stiff---it would probably be a little stiff without the outing!!! When I had my tkr, my friends would arrive every Wednesday and take me to lunch. I sometimes had to sit there with my leg on a chair--but it was all worth it.

You can see how people get agoraphobia and never want to leave home---I have the opposite. If I don't get out every day, I feel like something is closing in on me. I want a least a walk around the block or a sit on the porch to give me fresh air. Also, I have a little dog who looks at me with his sad eyes---he comes up to me every day at about 5 pm---he wants a walk.

After the surgery, I walked him through the woods with crutches!!! But now we walk the full 2 miles every day---he loves it and I love watching the flowers change on our walk through the woods near my house.
 
Hi @skigirl
Lovely to hear from you. I do get how people did want to stay home. It's safe and easy x x I can't wait to start hydrotherapy next week and start working towards improvements xx xx your dog sounds adorable x
Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, you do look fantabulous (fantastic and fabulous rolled into one). Granddaughter certainly knows how to work that makeup. Great job. And great outfit too. I can feel the love your granddaughter feels for you. Glad you got out and had a good time.
 
I think my double hip and knee pain is because I'm doing a but more around the house and waking up muscles. Just looked at non TKR knee and it's very swollen x x

Love Ann x x x
 
@ Nana Moon 27 So glad you had such a great evening out and you look amazing in the photos....what a lovely girl your granddaughter sounds....a pure delight and do talented.....loving her drawings.
Do hope that she feels better now & none of those bugs hang around.
Hope your knees & hip behave for you today....Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
My knees and hips hurt. My TKR knee is swollen and the muscle, above the knee is swollen and sore. Had a good afternoon chatting with friends and daughter. Except I was a total pig and ate two cream cakes and then felt sick xxx was so worth itx x x x
 
Hi @Ellejay

Lovely to hear from you. I, over the moon that you got a decent nights sleep.

The swelling above my knee at the bottom of my quad is sore. Think it's the stairs. So I've gone back to using a stick to support me up and down x x x

Anyway Lyn, sleep well again.

Love Ann x x x
 
Got five hours solid up disturbed sleep. Aches and pains don't feel so bad but TKR is aching and stiff. I'm not able to bend or straighten it so well. Today I will have an easy day. I'm still tired, I'm still in bed so I'll try and get a bit more sleep x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xx[/USER]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom