Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

You will love the water. Trust me you will see some interesting costumes there. I wear a black tank, it makes me feel good to wear it. I have the illusion it makes me look thinner. LOL!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
The hydrotherapy is just the best @nana Moon27 and I'm sure your cossie looks great! Hope you enjoy it!
Just catching up & so sorry to hear of your friends loss..... Glad she has good friends like you to talk to. There but for the Grace of God.....!!!
Hope you don't ache too much tonight! X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Wow the threads been busy....thank you for the lovely messages. I really appreciated opening the thread up and seeing the lovely support. Thank you x x x


I went to hydro, I had a bad anxiety attack before we left that resulted in my going to the loo a lot of times. I. The end took a massive breath and out we went. I'm glad I did it. I loved it. The warm water was so relaxing x Only problem non TKR played up terribly. The physio said I have excellent rom in my TKR. I am going again next week. I shall look forward to it once I was in the water I had very little anxiety xxx I've took a couple of Paracetamol (Tylenol) because my non TKR feels like it's been kicked by a horse. He managed to get me to walk up the steps out of the pool one foot per stair. Thing is they're so much shallower than mine at home and there was a handrail either side.what a difference that makes.

I'm looking forward to next week. This week I had to tread in a noodle under the foot of my TKR and pump,it up and down x then up and down on a step leading with my TKR knee. It surprised me how strong it is. Then I was sat on a chair at the side of the pool in the water. He asked me my shoe size I said 3.5/4 depending on the make. The next thing I know he's put flippers on my feet. I had to move my feet with the flippers it was very hard work and all the way through my left non TKR objected. It all bit screamed at me.

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you enjoyed the hydrotherapy, Ann. that will be something to look forward to each week.

I had hydrotherapy with my first knee replacement, back in 2000, and I enjoyed it too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann, I knew you would love the hydrotherapy, it is so relaxing. I'm so glad that you made it to the pool, getting over the panic attack must have taken a lot of courage, it will be much easier next time, well done.
I have another box ticked today, sausage rolls and mince pies made and in the freezer, I'm getting closer to being ready for this op. xxx
 
Hi @Celle and @Ellejay

The pool was lovely I didn't like being in there at that time of day. It wasn't helped by my husband saying something about all those bodies, germs, mucky water by that time etc. Aaaarrrrggghhh x x x next weeks appointment is10 am xxxx

Well done with the sausage rolls and mince pies x

Love Ann xxx
 
I took some paracetamol, had something to eat and fell asleep for just over an hour. I'm exhausted x x
 
Oh @Celle, I hope so too. The only thing was there was a lot of bits in there. However, the PT assistants insisted on everyone showering before they used the pool and after x
Love Ann x x x
 
Its perfectly hygienic they would be so sued, just enjoy the sensation ooooooooooooooooo matron

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oooooooer mister I certainly did. An hours sleep this evening and I'm feeling quite good woohoo! I couldn't get over the fact that although I was a bit shaky in the water, I relaxed so much and felt everything just go away.

Love Ann x x x x
 
I have and despite extra 10 mg of morphine, pain very uncomfortable @Chihuahuan. I e even got up and walked around the kitchen, the hallway, back upstairs. I'm going off line in a second. Going to put on some relaxation again.

I know this is because muscles have been used for the first time in a long time x x x

Love Ann xx
 
I've had a yukky night but got up ok. Don't know where it came from but in my head I was thinking about the Wizard of Oz!!! And I starting singing in my awfully flat voice, The Merry Merry Land of Oz. I got up came downstairs. Done my chores early apart from the vacuuming. I'll do that once he's gone out. Sorts out what I needed to dinner and tea for us. Got stuff out for defrosting.

What I am saying is I have FUNCTIONED this morning. Even better still he's singing the song I sang from Wizard of Oz and keeps saying to me what have you started!!!! :heehee: Well I'd say a good mood if he's singing!!! :heehee:

I feel better mentally today but I find this. Good days, not so good days. Cope, don't cope. My knees are both very painful because it's too early to take my meds. I've taken my lifetime antibiotic and two paracetamol (Tylenol) I am sweating from head to foot now and need to get in the shower.
Love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann,
How are you feeling today, and how is your knee doing? Having a revision is such a long slog it gets tiresome.
At two months, all I seemed to do was hurt and be tired, carrying an ice bag every where I went so I could ice in the car. It is a chore that is for sure.
I hope you get some sleep tonight and can enjoy your Friday,
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom