Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Ann, is there any chance that you could beg or borrow a wheelchair for occasional outings? I know that when my PKR failed (back in 2011) and I was on crutches for 4 months I did use a wheelchair for trips to the cinema etc.
 
I hope as the sunrises all are well,obviously been a busy time in the thread. @Nana moon 27 its a support site and you should be able to post what you are faced with, and Celle could so give you a hug instead of getting caught in morphene thing you came up with a concrete solution for Ann. Drugs and we all take them is so immotive. We all either have had or know of what the out of control results can be, @susanne felt for you you brought this forward and I hope you didnt leave the thread in a bad way, you are a wonderful person facing upto so many bits of flotsam life throws at you sooooo much i respect you. Ok lets support in a caring supportive way.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @Legin

That was a nice post. Susanne and I had a lovely chat via pm. She's fine it wasn't how it seemed. She'd meant it in a different way to how it sounded.

Today is a new day. I hope it's a nice one for us all xx

I fell asleep for about two and a half hours and woke up like it was time to get up. What a nightmare xxxxxx

Love Ann xxx
 
Okay a lots happened in 24 hrs on here. Everything has come together and enveloped me in the centre. One thing became clear, very clear. Something has to give, something had to change. It struck me when I wrote my list out of rubbish that I've been through in the last almost 11 months. It was the very last line accompanied by thinking about something someone had said about him earlier...my poor husband that's had enough. I thought he really has had enough. I have to start to help myself a bit more. We do need to be working together to get me more mobile. I'm way too afraid to go out alone.

The biggest problems been the rotten bug I had for the best part of three weeks. If it was a straight forward case of catching a cold and dealing purely with a cold fine. That doesn't happen. It's always more complex because of my lung complaints xx one triggers the other. That hasn't helped one bit with my state of mind. I've had nothing better to do than dwell on stuff that's effectively done, dusted, dead and buried in the distant past and it ate away in my head, at my soul, like a rodent. I think today, I trapped the rodent x

So this morning I got out my bed (which I can do), walked downstairs (which I can do) and I made breakfast (which I can do as long as I take my time and focus on one task at a time). Ok it was only tea and toast. Instead of returning up to my room to eat. I stayed downstairs and ate breakfast with my husband. That kept him company, saved him from running up and down the stairs. He was ever so pleased. There is nothing stopping me from doing that every day, pain willing.

Im now back up in my room having taken my medication waiting for it to kick in. The paracetamol I took earlier have done nothing. My husbands popped out. He's asked me not to cook dinner. I won't but I'll do what I did last Sunday and prepare it. I have a chair in the kitchen. I'm not moving until the bad pain has eased though.

So today sees a new start to the week, hopefully a better one than last. I'm feeling calmer today. I have to say that everyone was right in their own way. I did need that butt kick though. I think this morning has proven it.

A massive thank you to all for your support. You've been more than kind xxx

Catch you soon

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
@Nana moon 27 , what a good positive post. Please remember to go slowly though and try to stay clear of the ODIC club. It is hard to find the right balance. I didn't yesterday and I am suffering now. I will get over it but it was worth it for the enjoyment I got.
 
Way to go on the tea and toast and eating with your husband. I think you're right that if you can do just one "normal" thing a day you will feel better for it. And don't forget your inhaler. :)
We're pulling for you.
 
@Nana moon 27 whenever I have a cold or chest infection, my joints ache such a lot. Your chest condition will almost certainly have affected your whole recovery and made you feel tied and a bit down. Hope you are soon much, much better.
 
I did a 10mg reduction this morning on the morphine. I'm going to retry this dose for a week making sure I take the max amount of Paracetamol. My GP is refusing to take me off them. However, if I can get down to 30mg a day, then I'm going to beg again to use a different med. This 10 mg reduction takes me down to 50 mg per day.
 
Ann, I am going to tag @Josephine to look at your meds in post #6674---that is her area of expertise. I am so confused by the different names of the meds compared to the US, I would not begin to comment, but Jo has lots of knowledge and she may offer you some better ways to take them.
 
@Nana moon 27 ..... forgive me if you've already answered this somewhere....but have you tried takin Tramadol instead of the morphine? If not, you really should ask to give it a test. I agree with Kelly that some of the side effects you're experiencing can be associated with using opiate drugs for extended periods.
 
Hi @Jamie

Before the surgery I had become very used to Tramadol, Co Codamol, Dihydroceine. In the end when it was unbearable last September, my GP put me on 30mg Zomorph and paracetamol xxxx

Then after TKR in January I was on 120 mg Zomorph and max paracetamol.
I'm now on 50 mg Zomorph and max paracetamol xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's seven weeks since my revision. I think this has done the trick. The joint feels better, there's very little swelling but it still gets hot sometimes. I still cannot walk any real distance or go out alone yet but once I start the hydrotherapy next week I'm hoping that this will help me get my confidence back. I'm down to 50mg morphine a day.

Well this was a far better day today, in some respects. It was more normal having the place to myself. I was able to do some annoying niggly jobs. I vacuumed the living room which was brilliant, tidied round the shoe rack, my granddaughter adores my shoes and always leaves the rack a mess. I don't mind though. I'm pleased to report my knee is ok. It's achy but it's fine.

I really wanted to vacuum the stairs tomorrow but a friend said to me please don't, so I won't, I've promised. Instead I'll clean the uprights with a damp cloth.

Tomorrow night I'm to meet some close colleagues and ex boss at a curry house two mins drive from my house. I've arranged so that my daughter picks me up, takes me there and collects me when I'm ready. I'm a bit apprehensive but need to do this. I need to hear chatter, chatter and gossip. Like a friend said to me...reality.

I still feel 'flat' but compared to last Monday, much better. I'm functioning again.
 
Ann @Nana moon 27

Congratulations on "getting to do some normal things" and your friend is right- no vacuuming the stairs for awhile.

Yes, yes, yes go out tomorrow to meet your friends and former boss, a bit of chat and a good curry will do you a world of good.

Take care, turn off you IPad an hour before you go to sleep and that should help you to sleep better. I've been doing that for the last few weeks, on the suggestion of my son who works in IT.

No electrical devices, IPads, computers, mobile/cell phones,kindles an hour before bed and you'll sleep,better, it has worked for me.

I now keep all of these downstairs at night, so that I'm not tempted. And have better an deeper sleep since doing so.

Sleep well,
Cathie
 
Yes, please don't vacuum those stairs yet. :no-fin:
Are any of your inhalers new? I seem to remember my sister getting jittery from one of hers...
 
Hi @kneeper, no new inhalers, they're due to be reviewed by the Chest clinic in December. So hopefully no more jitters. It's bad enough with the nervy jitters but those others are more pronounced. Horrible. So fingers crossed they may be able to see what can be done. The doc thinks it's likely to be the Ventolin (salbutamol) xxx

I promise you too...no vacuuming stairs x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Yes I'm having a bit of a break today. Hubby's left me alone in the house away from the cotton wool care. I've vacuumed the living room. I'll be on this evening or later. I've just finished cleaning my living room. I've taken pics. It looks lovely x I might post them x

Don't overdo it and risk any kind of setback, mild or otherwise!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom