Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Happy to report that Nana Moon 27 has has nine hours sleep. Woohoo!!!!

@Hoppy Nanny thanks for the lovely post, that's very kind of you. I can't believe how much sleep I've managed. I'm in shock because I don't think I've slept this much since last January. Yes, my son surprised me a lot last night. You see the trouble I keep telling myself I'm ok, when I'm not because I am a positive person. I keep carrying on as normal when I'm not coping and I think now I've realised it's ok to drop things and let go the reins. As quite a number of my friends on here have said I need Ann time. Which is good advice. Thank you to all x x x

Unfortunately I had one of my moments and made tea instead of hot chocolate. I'm using it as a reward took for when I get back. I might send my husband into shop for cream and marshmallows to go on it x

It's strange but the sleep is helping my head I'm anxious about the appointment in a couple of hours but I have to do it. If not for me for my family.

Take care all love Ann x x x x
 
@Nana moon 27,

I will be thinking of you this morning. I am sure you will be alright. The anticipation is often worse than the 'doing'. Try and stay calm, I know that it will be very difficult but think of the sense of achievement afterwards. Medication affects us in ways we don't understand.

Best wishes xxx
 
Good morning Ann, nine hours sleep! That's amazing, I'm sure you feel much better after that. I'll be thinking of you this morning, once you are at the PT everything will be fine, I know it's just the journey. Think of it as a small step towards your normal life again, maybe not such a small step, but an enormous stride. Whenever my two children had a difficult day, an exam or interview I always said I would be there with them in spirit, hovering over their shoulder, giving them support. They both liked that idea, and we still do it - last week for my daughters interview she still asked if I'd be there with her, hovering. So just think of all of us, with you in spirit, hovering, watching over you. Hope all goes well, catch up later.
Unfortunately I've got my Dads partners funeral to go to this afternoon, there is no way he can go out, so my sister and I said we would represent him. He doesn't know it's today, he thinks he missed it weeks ago, but he is happy about that so it's not worth upsetting him all over again by telling him. We will just go on his behalf which will probably help her family.
Catch you all later xxxx
 
@busylizzie thanks ever so much for your help. You're so right about the medication x x I've taken my second day if 5 steroids instead of 6, tomorrow it's 4 for two days and reducing like that. I'm sure once those are gone I may settle more. Xxxxx
 
Well, was a nervous wreck. I shook beyond shook x the physio came out and it was the lovely one I had last time. He looked at me and asked if I was ok. I was honest with him and told him the truth about the issues I was having.

The trouble was however, as soon as he moved/touched the joint I jumped. It was really tender/sore and I don't know why. The good news is the straighten/extension is almost zero. The same as the other one. Just a couple of degrees out that's all. Last time it was 10degrees out so that is a good improvement. The bend was a problem today. As I said everything was stiff and sore. I had to tell him the truth that I hadn't been very active, due to being Ill and he listened. Then he asked me if I was allergic to chlorine, I said no. Did I like water? Yes. So guess who's ended up with six hydro sessions courtesy of the NHS, chez moi!!! Happy, I'm on cloud nine.

So I have to wait for the appointment to come through.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So summary/update on Nana moon 27.

Went to physio but joints too sore but flexion a few degrees off zero from 10 previously. Woohoo!

Shook like a leaf going and sitting in waiting room but thought of all the support of family, here and others. The family needed me to do this today. It gave me the guts.

Have been referred to hydrotherapy x just got to wait for the appointment to come through

I feel a teensy weency bit better since dozing and playing on my thread this afternoon xxx

I'm now going downstairs for a cup of tea.

Catch you later
Love Ann x x x
 
@Nana moon 27 Well done on the physio. I found that if I did something physical it helped to get over the chemical overload after a panic attack. Mine started about 30 years ago and by chance discovered that Effexor controlled them. I rarely have one anymore. I never knew that so many folks have them. Mine would come out of the blue so I was never able to do much of the mind control.
Glad your daughters have plans for you. It's good to get out.
I'm feeling somewhat better today -- still coughing up crud but breathing better. Baby granddaughter now has pink eye! Think we all will end up on meds to stop this...
Have a good rest of the day xxx
 
@Nana moon 27 , you sound a lot more positive this afternoon which is good. I am glad. Hydrotherapy will do your knee good. Do you have to go to the same hospital as today for it? I wish I could join you. Maybe soon, I was looking forward to hydrotherapy this time around.
 
It will be the same hospital @busylizzie and because of my nerves the nice physio is making sure it's him that has me as his patient. It is a long way but they are so more caring and professional than my first local one, despite the nerve thing it was worth the distance. I wish you could join me too. It would be so nice x I think he saw me calm when he mentioned warm water, relaxation and asked how I felt about that. I said it would be good as I love water. I find it calming x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I feel great!!!!!! At the risk of jinxing myself I feel so good. I slept. I've woken up with a clear head for the first time in 11months, even my husband did a double take this morning even with my dishevelled state.

Two things are apparent. Clearly doubling the antidepressant dose has helped. Secondly the morphine and steroid reduction is undoubtedly helping my sleep problem alongside some very sage advice about the length of time I was spending on my iPad on this site. But I love to help others. That's me.

I'm showered, dressed, I've done my hair and I'm feeling so normal. If this feeling only lasts a little while I don't care. I'm making the most of it.

You know that song "I feel good" by James Brown I have the strong urge to put it on. I don't dare or I would do something daft like a floor slide...only kidding! That's how I feel!!!

I cannot believe how I was on Monday and now how I am today that I can feel so different xxx
 
Whooot whoooot fantabadoooby news thats the way girl take each good thing and live it up x

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Almost 3am. Waiting for pain meds to work. Have to confess ODIC on the stairs yesterday xxx x
 
Was so glad to see you had a good day yesterday @Nana moon 27... Shame it had to be followed by a painful night....do hope it has eased up & you have a good day today....do not go to the ODIC....,!!! Xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom