Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

@Pumpkln it's the worst, toothachey type , dull yet you know it's there type achey pain. It's 3/4 at moment but it doesn't feel right in either. The non replacement feels worse. I've been doing so well with the morphine reduction I'm on 30mg am/pm so 60mg a day. Now it's starting to burn inside the TKR in the patella area x Think I'd better med fast and shout down for my ice quick x

Be right back x
 
So frustrating to be in pain and be almost out of options. Hope you have the Ice on your knees.
Non narcotic topical are available, lidocane patches, Voltaren Jel (I think you can purchase OTC).
Others have mentioned the pain increasing at about 6 weeks. It will get better.
 
Woke up in bad pain. Got up and took some simple pain killers and cup of tea and I felt a bit easier. There was a Mahousive amount of washing up from last night. I wanted to do it but it was too early and hubby was asleep on the sofa x x x

Anyway I'm going try a sleep now I'm so tired xoxoxoxo
 
Ann @Nana moon 27

I hope that you are not reading this at 9:49 am, but hope that you have fallen back to sleep and will read this later. :chillpill:

Take care and hope that you get more comfort from your pain today.

Cathie
 
Insomnia strikes. Always worse when you got things to do the next day. I'm terribly fed up of it. I'm tired all the time, irritable. I have to go docs tomorrow. I'm not right in myself. Slightest movements and I'm palpitating, sweating and shaking. Not good. Nerves not good bit anxious but not all consuming.
 
I just (unusually) went downstairs to my husband crying because of this feeling of isolation that gets me. I'm usually ok when I'm on here distracting myself and helping others, which I love. Tonight it's not working.

He's escorted me back upstairs with a piece of toast and a cuppa. So I'm back on again x

I'm going to the docs tomorrow, I know I'm not well/right x probably more to do with lack of sleep, 29 tablets a day inc six steroids. Nightmare. No wonder I'm a mess. I try so hard to be positive but it gets so hard at this hour of the morning. I've convinced myself I've upset longstanding buddies on here now. That's really upset me. You can't please everyone though can you? So I just decided to leave them alone. It's for the best.

I'm trying so hard to hold it all together sometimes.

Thank you for this x I am ok honestly just having a low moment xxx overtired, overwrought, should switch this device off, but if I do that I just lie awake worse xxx

Love Ann xxxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Ann @ Nana Moon 27 I'm sure there is no way you have upset anyone ...you are far too nice! It's just because you are overwrought I'm sure? You are coping with a revision, not getting enough sleep & taking all those pills...that's more than enough for one person to cope with. Steroids notoriously make you depressed and I expect you are taking omeprazole for stomach
Protection ...that always makes me depressed too.

I hope you get some help from your doctor ( perhaps something to help for the short term would be good)..... I'm always awake in the night...so will be thinking of you.....take care honey.....luv Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Chin Up Ann. Hate these nights when sleep is so elusive. All are thoughts are so confused and things seem ten times worse. Maybe try to read something. Always sends me off. Good Night. ❤️❤️


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hello @robynhood

I'm in a bit of a state mentally tonight. Pretty bad. I'm glad to have something to read, someone to talk to. Ive been I and out of limericks with Pumpk1n and that's been a relief. I've been in and out of threads and can't seem to get myself into a normal frame of mind.

You've had so much in your plate it's scary. It's been one thing after the other with you. Tbh I thought I'd upset you. See what its like? My head? Oh honestly I feel a right ninny now x never mind.

x
 
Hi @Hoppy Nanny

Bless you. The doc gave me something for the short term four months ago but I don't they work too well. I'm going to pour my heart out tomorrow. I need to be sorted. I need to get off the morphine. I'm lucky to just have this. My ex colleague who is a friend too, has just started her chemotherapy, last Friday. She had a lumpectomy as she's a lot young than me, late thirties. She's lucky in as much as the cancer hasn't spread to her lymph glands under her armpit but they still removed them as a precaution. She has two young boys.

Love Ann x x x
 
I went to the doctors. He's doubled my antidepressants, reduced my steroids. I've been referred to Mindfulness. I have to call them tomorrow. I've developed severe anxiety about going out which I've kept a bit quiet about until now. It was a night mare even going to the doctors. The state I was in when I got there was dreadful.

I'm okay, very tired, one hours sleep in 48, is no good to anyone. I'm going to go offline earlier tonight. I need to catch up on some zzzzzzzs. I'm still quite shaky, to say the least.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
@Nana moon 27 you get some rest and all your friends are here if you need to talk you take care of yourself please you will be in my thoughts and prayers
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom