Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Not the greatest nights sleep. Cat naps last night. Pain in both knees was uncomfortable. Should've upped morphine 10mg. Think I will have to do that this morning. Hubby really wants us to go out this morning for an hour. I'm reluctant because of the cold. My chest feels easier. I guess a big scarf around my face should be ok.

I'm tired too. So I'm switching off for a little while xx

Love Ann xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just walked partway downstairs and my TKR all but screamed at me and I ouched out loud. Hubby came flying out the living room asking what was the matter and why was I even coming down yet. The steroids and morphine had stuck in my gullet. I couldn't wash them away with water so I needed a couple of ginger biscuits to move them and then more water. He told me to go back up and brought the biscuits to me. The tablets have moved. Below is a pic of my morning tablets minus the extra 10 mg morphine tablet I just took xx the night time is the same minus the white capsule and replaced by two asthma tablets and a statin. The afternoon is five tablets. On top of all this add three inhalers. This cannot be any good for my system but is necessary right now xxx
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Oh this is so flipping typical of my luck. I did my hair properly, I did my make up properly, then realised I'd not had my shower, in the haze of extra morphine world. So I thought ok, I'll just switch it on. Let it run a bit as the steam will be good for my chest. I noticed the heating had gone off and cursed. So I put my big fluffy housecoat on the side of the bath. I stripped off, walked straight into the shower and screamed. I thought I'd walked into an ice bath round my feet and all over my body, oh cold didn't even begin to describe this...again hubby's disturbed from his crossword. I said "the showers freezing and I just walked into it And I'm sooooo cold." I was freezing cold, wet and hobbling from one leg to he other. I heard the boiler door go, the heating had gone out. He relit it and fine. Then came the comment up the stairs...."why didn't you just put your hand in it you muppet!"...
The result was my scar is a lovely shade of purple, it had just come from black! See pic below...

[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
 
Brrrrrrrrrrrr, sounds like something some health spas do, only you saved yourself the expense and travel to a spa. Gosh I feel chilled reading about your experience. Hope you are all bundled up.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Thankfully @Pumpkln I'm well wrapped up but nearly asleep on the bed with exhaustion. My energy is so zapped, the extra morphine has made me tired but has done the trick with the pain xxx so while he's getting ready I'm going to doze xxx
 
Ann @Nana moon 27

Your morning medication alone, plus the afternoon and night-time medications must make the Pharmacological Industry Very Happy !

I can't begin to compete, see picture below.

Enjoy the outing to the garden centre.

Cathie
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 137
Oh between the extra morphine, all the meds, a chest infection, that's upset the A and the B (I can't be bothered to spell them) my hearts going like a jackhammer, I'm shaking, my head and ears feel like they've been donged in a big brass bell. I'm back up in my room. Propped up, legs elevated. Oh I'm so exhausted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke too soon about this bug. I walked downstairs tried to potter around, poured with sweat and had to come back up. So again I'm resting. Thank goodness for this site. It's literally stopped me from going around the twist. At any time night or day if I'm fed up I can go potter round the threads. I can't potter round the house at night as hubby has chosen to sleep downstairs and the slightest noise awakes him.

So I'm back upstairs in my ivory tower. Ha ha xxx speak to you later. Have a fantastic day x x x

Love Ann xxx
 
Ann, I so agree with you, this site has been a life saver for me, I know my TKR knee is just about healed now, but it is so reassuring knowing that as I go through it all again all my friends, old and new, will be here for support.

Please look after yourself today and try to shake that bug off, I am so longing for you to be completely better xxx
 
Ah @Ellejay thank you

I want shot of it too. It's driving me mad. Hubby's just come back in. I've just been on Whatsapp with my ex colleague who's having her first lot of chemo today. She's been there since 8.30 this morning, it took three attempts to get the pic line into her arm. She said the nurses were really good and most importantly kind. It's going to take about an hour and then she can return home x

I'm certain my LTKR will have to be done next year too, so I'm still going to be lurking around x

Love Ann xxx
 
Nana moon 27 said "I didn't know that anyone with respiratory illness problems asthma, bronchitis etc need their rooms to be around 16 degrees." I knew that low temperatures are very bad for people with all sorts of conditions but I thought the temp advised was 18 so that's useful information. Apparently circulation slows down too and stresses the heart. Keep heating that house, Anne! I did read in the pre-op booklet i got that often after major surgery people feel very chilled and need to be kept warm and put on extra layers.

To make you smile, my father in law who is almost 95 has his bungalow thermostat set to 30 degrees! It's so hot we have to strip off when we go there. But he won't suffer from hypothermia!
 
Still wretched well sweating. Head feels like it's in a bucket but my knee is great. I went downstairs did some washing up. Walked back up and heart is like a jackhammer which shows I still have chest infection. Probably why I feel wiped out. Bad ones do that to me x
 
Oh hmmmmmm so why are you doing choresx

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Pot, kettle, black, walks, lochs, cleaning, going to work lack of sticks :heehee:

Felt the urge to move tbh. I can't lie round too long or my lungs clog up x so stairs, washing up, back upstairs, exercise x
 
Think I'm going a bit stir crazy today x I've suggested a drive out in the morning if I feel well enough. Just a change of scenery. The part of Birmingham I live in is about ten minutes tops from driving to the countryside thankfully x
 
I got up for a few hours this evening. I was concerned about my husbands well being. He's so fed up of being stuck in. I am pretty independent, do my own personal care, getting dressed, all that but I am still a liability with certain things like using the gas cooker until I'm completely off this morphine. He's terrified to let me near it since the Sunday I nearly blew the cooker up. If he hadn't walked in when he did...oh it doesn't bear thinking about. He'd watched me turn a gas off by accident and put it back on. I walked over to the sink to do something else and the next thing he flew into the kitchen like his feet were on fire. I'd put the gas back on okay but without pressing the igniter button, there were other gases alight on the cooker at the time. I'd tried to do dinner because he was so poorly with the bug I ended up catching off him. He ended up having to finish cooking and I felt awful about this. I keep,getting terrifically confused on a grand scale too. Time scales, time lapse, writing dates down in right order. I have messed up on the social room a-z game a couple of times too. The episode the other day with HR just did it. I got it into my head that my sick note two months were up this week thinking it was two months ago when my boss came, it was only there weeks ago. My husband came in from doing a quick plumbing job for a friend and heard the conversation. He looked at me shaking his head in disbelief. I can't help it, this keeps happening and sometimes it scares me. I know it is the meds, the illness and everything.

I'm due to see my GP about all of this next week so hopefully I can get some answers. It's horrid.
 
I am better, much better today. I got showered and dressed early. I actually put a mid length dress on that has 3/4 sleeves and to my delight fits. My husband walked into the bedroom and jumped out of his skin. He hadn't expected to see me up, awake and out of the housecoat, let alone in a navy blue polka dot dress. I took two paracetamol and the usual antibiotics and I went downstairs. Ok I hadn't had my morphine at this point but I managed. The knee ached and groaned but it was ok. I drank my first cup of tea downstairs. I haven't done that for ages and it was nice. Had breakfast downstairs but saved half a slice of marmalade on toast because I have to have food with the steroids. My husband came back up bringing me a cup of tea. I took my pain medication and here I am.

The weather is cold and damp and both knees really do ache badly x I'm now finding the left worse than the right now, so I have to face it that in January I'm going to have to discuss the LTKR that's a certainty. I don't think I want to leave it and then end up worse because of the deterioration in general. This one I've had done was bad enough because of that. I will discuss this with the surgeon in January when I see him. My X-ray from February showed quite clearly the joint had gone back then but I'd been fobbed off by the other hospital. I'm due new X-rays of both knees in January.

I've been threatened not to overdo anything while he's out later on this morning. So I said ok x
 
Back
Top Bottom