Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Take it easy and breathe, sigh. I sometimes get so tired if this lung stuff. You have done what you can, and you will be fine.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Hi @Pumpkln

My GP has just phoned me. He's leaving me another prescription for more antibiotics and steroids. Just got to get someone to collect for me later. He asked me to book an appointment in a weeks time to go see him which I'll do shortly. I was warned this could happen, the Asthma triggering off Bronchiectasis, the Bronchiectasis triggering of the Asthma when infection sets in. But Chris, what am I going to do. I'm getting fatter and fatter, through the immobility. It's going round my midriff and lower stomach which is unheard of. It's usually my backside, I can cope with a big butt. This pressure on my abdomen if I go to dry my feet or do up my trainers, makes me that out of breath it's ridiculous. However, I'm definitely ok propped up in bed but then I start to get congested and have to walk round. When I walk round I'm out of breath again. He confirmed my shakes are to do with the Ventolin (rescue). He said the anxiety that i feel is more likely to be adrenaline at the moment so to just keep telling myself that. What a nightmare.

Don't faint I'm going to stay up here. I've got access to the loo, water, got wifi, tv, I'm very lucky in that respect. I have to be sensible for once. Trouble is my stubborn streak that wants to get back to normal is seriously straining at the leash right now. I actually feel like I'm going to burst with frustration.

Sorry to offload like this but I'm fed up. This is why I keep going around the threads, distracting myself and helping others that need a bit of encouragement. Just to take my mind off myself.

Catch you later
Love Ann xxx
 
My husbands just come back and said I look like a ghost. I told him I'd had to phone docs and then got moaned at for not phoning him. He has to have some time away. It's only right. I said if I'd have been worried I'd've phoned him. I got "the look".
 
I sincerely hope you've had a good day, night, evening, morning wherever you are. I've had a busy evening. I've a headache, over due to take my pain meds, so I'm going to do them as soon as I've done this post.

My chest I just don't know what more I can do. I've the whole bed to myself,propped up on four pillows but it does feel yukky still.

The best news is my knee. It feels as if it's going the right way at last xxx woohoo!!!

Love Ann xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann what are we going to do about your asthma. Have you tried old fashioned Vicks to rub on chest or humidifier ? I landed up with bronchial asthma bc of cat but take a few inhalers mainly advair. Do u have it there. Also something homeopathic but needs rx teasalon pearls. They open up bronchial tubes. Maybe I could send u some is that legal??
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a beautiful, sunny but freezing cold morning here. I'm lying in my room listening to a very happy Robin who's feeders were replenished yesterday. The noise he made yesterday because the meal worm/suet fat balls had run out was no ones business!!! Gosh what a racket he made!

I'm feeling a bit flat today but I'm alive and I'm okay and that is all that matters. Somebody said yesterday that I my system was plain old whacked out, really I'm not surprised, it makes sense because of the amount of stress that's going on in the background, on too of knee surgery and now these chest problems.

I think another days rest and fluids is in order. I have my first proper physio appointment tomorrow after the initial appointment a fortnight ago but I think I may have to cancel. I don't really feel well enough to travel 40 minutes there, do the exercises and forty minutes back. It's too much for me right now. That's how I feel.
 
Ann @nanamoon

Thinking of you and hope you have a comfortable day.

Take care,
Cathie
 
An bless you Cathie, @marmora thank you. I managed to sleep. Id got my big oversized fluffy housecoat on from when I went downstairs, I got into bed with the thing still on. I fell to sleep thank goodness.

What had happened was I'd stupidly thought in my head this morning I'd get up early and make my husband a nice cup of tea for a change. I'd got this image in my head of him being really happy to have one made for him first thing.

Well what do we do when were in the kitchen? We go into auto pilot mode. There was crockery on the drainer so I thought I'd pop it away. What happened? Bloody crash, bang, wallop in a very large, echoey kitchen, right next to the living room where he's chosen to sleep. The next thing he's in there telling me off. He stomped off upstairs, I carried on making the tea with tears running down my face. I took it into the living room, returned to the kitchen and came back upstairs really upset. All my good intentions wrecked because I cannot just do one thing. I am never going to learn to live like this.

Anyway, he's just woken me up,with fresh made porridge with banana and blueberries and a cup of tea. It was spoiled by the fake smile and aura he was putting on because he knew I'd been upset earlier and this is how he deals with stuff, but I decided to accept it graciously and thanked him. He went downstairs singing x my hands were measuring his collar size as he walked downstairs I have to confess.

I'm ok. Think this bug is the worst thing that could've happened to me. I'm just grateful my knee is finally learning to accept me xxxx

Love Ann x x x
 
I'm definitely losing my marbles. The sooner off all these meds the better. I just went to cancel my physio for tomorrow. It's next week. I rang HR at work because I couldn't remember when my sick note ran out. And the beat goes on... It's frightening Chris. All this has made my chest bad. I ended up in a near row because I came off the phone to HR who informed me that my sick note runs out this Friday to my husband saying no, they're wrong. It was a two month one and I was in Wales locking up the caravan so it's from last month. Because my GP had signed to say he'd seen me on the 12th Sept previously, but put 56 days from 13th October they took it from the 12 Sept. I had to ring back up and explain how my doc does the notes. This has upset my chest all over again and he's got all cross because he said I cause myself unnecessary stress xxxx

Love Ann x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann @Nana moon 27

I have been reading your posts from this morning and your day has indeed been stressful and a bit tearful.
This adding to your chest troubles has to be very emotional and energy zapping.

Maybe a long afternoon nap, no IPad, no phone calls, just resting and relaxing and letting your mind be still may provide you with some peace.

I practice Mindfulness and find that it helps calm the storms in my mind.

Take care and rest,
Cathie
 
Well I've slept properly, two separate sleeps that totalled 71/2 hours...woohoo! My chest feels better, I feel like I can breathe and I may even attempt to wash my hair because there's a danger I'm going to start trying to do stuff around the house that I shouldn't. Hubby going out shortly and that's when danger strikes. My stubborn side keeps telling me ah just get on with it, my sensible side which pretty well has to be constantly jogged by yourselves a lot of the time, is saying find something else. Do your hair. So the hair wins. Trouble is I've not much patience and despite having it cut and coloured last week I can't get used to being so dark again. I'm hoping I'll wash it and it will fade. The hairdresser got my hair and said I cannot really have any more bleach put through until early next year really, to give my hair a rest but if I'm that unhappy by Christmas she'll put just a few highlights through. It's been a long time since I went back to being close to my natural colour.


Catch you later xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann @Nana moon 27

Great that you totalled 7.5 hours of sleep !
Know what you mean when the hair colour isn't just right, so maybe the few highlights at Christmas will brighten up the colour.

I'm worried that your enthusiasm to do too much will out way your ability. Take care and realise your "current limitations" . You have been very unwell lately and need to regain your strength.

I'm glad the hair won, that's enough for you to accomplish today.

Take care,
Cathie
 
:heehee:Hi @tiredwife

Thank you for enquiring about my asthma meds. I take Ventolin (salbutamol) as a rescue, Atrovent and Symbicort inhalers. I take Montelukast, Phyllocontin tablets also. For the Bronchiectasis I take a lifetime Azithromycin antibiotic, Carbocisteine tablets. As I'm ill at the moment with my chest I'm also taking Amoxicillin tablets and six prednisolone steroid tablets. I've just started a second week of these. I have to go back to my GP next week. That's aside with the antidepressant and morphine and paracetamol(Tylenol). It's a wonder I don't rattle and shake as I walk honestly ha ha ha x x x x :heehee:

Seriously though Im under the chest clinic and the next thing to be reviewed is the inhalers. Please let them be reduced. Thanks for your interest. It will be interesting to see in December if they prescribe me Advair. The problem I have at the moment is that my Asthma triggers off the Bronchiectasis and the Bronchiectasis triggers off the Asthma in the event of a chest infection. It does feel a little better today.

My husband came up this evening and said if I'm better still tomorrow he will take me out or a local garden centre for a cup of tea and gentle wander. It's only twenty mins drive from the house. I was taken aback and accepted graciously. Seriously though, I will have to see how I feel but I don't want to let him down x

Love Ann x x x
 
Back
Top Bottom