Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Mentally I felt ok when I woke up this morning so I left going to the doctors. Secondly I'd no way of getting there, daughter in London seeing the sights, other daughter very busy with kids and commitments. My husband had a plumbing job come in today for someone he knew so went off to do that. Mom and dad were in the city centre, starting their Christmas shopping, so there was no one I could ask. However, I do feel better now I've settled down again. Metaphorically speaking, I think it's a bit like picking a scab and making it bleed, by the next day it's healed over a bit again. I will see I how go tonight and tomorrow.

Im not great today. My heart rate has been crazy through the chest infection. I've taken two lots of steroids so far , yesterday morning and this morning (I'd got some in date in the cupboard) and got the first of my antibiotics down me, once I finally was able to get someone to collect my prescription (I had no option but to ask my poor already run off her feet daughter but she did it, bless her). So I've been alone all day. I was good and only put washing on to do in the machine. I tidied up the hallway (the shoe rack) etc. Then I stopped. I felt like I'd done aerobics, my heart was boom, boom, boom, bad palpitations. So I lazed round, for a while but had to get up and walk around to keep my lungs clear. Sat and elevated my leg. Then I got up and walked around because my breathing was awful. So I took my inhaler again only to get the wretched shakes. Yikes..!!!

Anyway my husband came in at teatime and I said I was sorry but I had to go to bed, I felt like I'd breathed in a load of dust or debris in my chest. It was a revolting feeling. He came up to check on me and I told him how I was feeling and he said that bug he had made his chest feel like that. So thank you hubby for sharing...not!!!
Since I got so upset on the phone yesterday and obviously he'd been listening, he's been great again. I think it did him good to realise how I really feel about everything regarding the situation I find myself in. Its clearly made him think.




Love Nana moon 27 (Ann) xoxox
 
@Nana moon 27

Dear Ann,
You have a lot on your plate right now, what with the knee recovery and the chest infection. I do hope you soon start to feel a bit better. However, you would be a saint if all you are going through did not get you down from time to time.

Don't try to cover up and be always cheerful. Remember that tears are healing, too. If it really gets too much for you, ask your doctor for some medication to help.

Hugs! :console2::friends:
 
HI @Celle I'm already on Fluoxetine (Prozac). I think it has kind of worked but I'm unsure. I had a bit of an upsetting morning yesterday that opened a can of worms mentally when I was on the phone to a government agency trying to claim some money. When you hear how your life has changed talking to a stranger the reality hits. I just didn't cope x bless you. Thanks for the hugs x x x

Love Ann x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@busylizzie you are so right. It is upsetting when you speak to someone that you don't know about it because you have to, as I said earlier, metaphorically pick off the scab and expose the wound and it flipping well hurts. Why can't they just read the note? This phone call yesterday that upset me was just like that. I repeated all of what I'd said in June but of course now with the extra other knee problem having tricompartmental osteoarthritis etc etc. In fact that really hit home. Again reality bit me on the butt x

Love Ann xxx
 
Hello all

Mentally Ab Fab and when I'm better certain butts are going to be kicked into touch. A Phoenix is going to arise out of the ashes of this recovery and she's going to be so strong.

Physically....yuk! Throat, chest, head yuk! Tired cos not sleeping properly xxx I feel tired now so I've come to bed xxx
 
I cut my Morphine down by 10mg. I'm on 60 mg a day. I'm starting to feel the left knee myself now and I'm dreading how it's going to feel when I'm off everything. Ok my TKR isn't too bad. The pain variates according to what I do in a day. I know my limits. I intend to start walking out in the street this week but I have to have someone with me, so we will see. This knee although it does get uncomfortable if I overdo it is different to how I was before. I am in less pain. I walk mostly now with one crutch/no crutch around the house and that's great. I find that it is best if I don't overdo the stairs they are not my friend quite yet!!!

I slept for two hours this afternoon and feel a bit better than I did earlier. I hunk everything is starting to work. The beauty if the steroids is that if there is any inflammation inside my operated knee it will help to reduce that. Sounds like a win, win situation.

The biggest problem I've encountered is that since I've been I'll, I'm sweating profusely. I had my hair done. I've gone a little darker this time but I sweated and my beautifully straightened hair has ended up in a frizz!!!! Botheration.

Anyway I'll post a bit later it's lovely to hear from you xox

Love Nana moon 27 xoxoxox
 
@Nana moon 27
Ann, I am so pleased that you feel that the TKR knee is improving, I'm sure once you get out of the house for short walks you will feel so much better all round. If you can stay away from the stairs as long as possible that will be good. I remember your first recovery, @dogwheels counted the number of times you had gone up and down- it was too many times!
 
Hi Ann: I've been off the forum for quite a few months so I've been skimming a few posts of the old gang, and a little sad to hear you're still struggling, but it seems you're now on a better path having had a revision, which seems to be the solution for so many folks that don't have success with their TKR's.... Here's hoping it gets your mobility (and life) back!
...... BTW, I couldn't help but notice the link to your thread in your signature refers back to a somewhat random page in March ... did you know that you can copy and paste the HTML link into just about any document reader, and edit it to read whatever you choose? eg: I picked the first page of your thread and renamed it to say
Woohoo I'm better!
... note that doesn't change the thread title or anything else, it just re-names the Hyperlink of whatever page you choose....
Cheers, Al
 
I have get my health and mobility back. Im no use to anyone like this, that's for sure. However, day by day it's getting better even with the morphine reduction. It doesn't like immobility. It gets an irritated sensation which only goes when I move about. Today I've been up and downstairs without sticks and walked round the house without them too. The movement is smooth and it feels like a normal knee. I never thought I'd say that. I might cut and past that bit into my thread. However, every time I move my heart goes like a Jack hammer, I cannot breathe properly. So I've sat in my chair in the kitchen. I insisted on peeling the veggies so I felt like I'd got a distraction. So now hubby is cooking Sunday lunch. He's even collected our sons little boy to come for lunch and play with his cousins. They are no trouble at all. That's why I'm not worried about them being around me like this. They had this bug a fortnight ago.

If I'm no better Tuesday, I'll get an actual appointment with the GP.

Take care and have a great Sunday

Love Ann x x x
 
I ended up back in bed this evening I just felt so yukky! All I did was load the dishwasher up with the Sunday roast debris,put it on, then hand washed all the fat pans, cleaned the cooker and then couldn't seem to get my breath right or anything despite taking everything. So up to bed. I feel okay now. Maybe overdone it a bit. There was a lot of stuff to go in and it's a fair size kitchen to be carrying trays of washing up from the sink to the far end of the kitchen to the dishwasher. Mind you I'm reading this and thinking why didn't I just leave it for a bit. I've got two lung conditions that trigger each other off beautifully during this chest infection and are being exacerbated by a nasty bug and a temperamental knee. Even that played up and swelled...yet it had been a sweetheart today. I'd even been singing it's praises on here. I never learn..xxx:no-fin:
 
Ann, you did too much, sweetheart!

Washing roasting pans and cleaning the cooker are not for you yet - it's too soon, especially when you have a chest infection as well as THE KNEE to contend with.

My surgery was a bit ahead of yours and I still only do the plates and cutlery. When it comes to cooking pans etc I have to be quite positive and tell my husband "I need you to do this for me." Men! They often don't see what is right under their noses and they will overlook the fact that you need help, if you are not specific enough.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, I think you might have joined that club that we don't need to be in the ODIC. You deserve to rest. Especially with the chest cold. It needs to calm down a bit. I know we try to do it all. I was even out raking leaves and using the leave sucker /shredder. I had my younger son out there helping me and the both sons will have to finish it up this week. I used to could bag up 14 bags in an afternoon in ne shot years ago while they were both in school. Not anymore. I have to say my shoulder and knee have behaved today, and my knee has stopped with that tingling sensation. I still have some RA stiffness in my neck but I can live with that.
 
Hi @chestnc
I know the annoyance of not being able to do what we would normally in the garden. It's driving me crazy right now xxx

Hubby's decided to come to bed. The flipping telly is driving me nuts!! Family Guy and American Dad fanatic he is. They're on at this hour xxx craziness x

:hairpulling:
 
Morning all. As per. Cat naps, nothing changing except my knee is definitely starting to feel normal, I can't get over this. It's recovered from the ODIC yesterday really well. I still cannot get over how that surgeon did three hours of surgery and I came out with minimal swelling. My leg looks like a leg instead of a swollen mush.

Mentally better all the time, physically a little better this morning. I was going to go downstairs but I can hear The Lord and master, cleaning. The vacuum has been on ages. If he's deep cleaning I have to stay well out of the way or I get the look! He still hasn't gotten used to me sharing the space he's had to himself for the last few years in this house. It's been 11 months now but he struggles with me around and to be fair I find it hard too because Ive worked virtually full time, in an allegedly two job, 75% post. I thought he'd be happy having me around. Again, in fairness, he'd have probably loved the old fit, humorous self around the place but this role of having to care for me being a bit vulnerable to normal, was never on the agenda. He's doing a good job really but I do understand his frustration. Like I say who cares for the carer?

However, in fairness to myself apart from cooking and heavy cleaning I'm very self sufficient. I also understand I'm a bit frustrated and obviously unhappy being stuck for 11 months. That loss of independence was the worst part for me. Sometimes I do go off on one but if I could come and go and drive I'd be fine. To be so dependent us my worst nightmare.

I feel like there is a light at the end of this tunnel for me regarding this knee. It feels right. So I'm hopefully hearing in the right direction for full recovery at last xxx

The morphine reduction is going well. I'm down to 60 mg per day. Hopefully this time next week I'll be on 50 mg.

Have a lovely day all

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
:hi:Ann ... popped in to see you. It is so good to read that you feel you have turned a corner and the knee is starting to feel 'normal'. :yay:for the morphine reduction. You are going about it the right way to do it safely without repercussions. We can all understand your frustration after 11 months, however here's hoping you are now on the way and one day you may be the one running the vacuum cleaner and giving 'the eye'. You make me feel so ashamed of my despondency about my problems with the knee. You are such a lovely person - visiting people, making your thread such a great place that all love to visit you.

Take Care Ann and thanks so much for your lovely 'welcome' on my thread ... Love and hugs ... Ellen
 
Stupid, stupid, stupid me. I know I'm not right with my chest, this bug! I decide to restock the bird feeders, a gentle walk down the garden. Nothing at all strenuous I promise. Out four towels in the line. Came back in I couldn't breathe. Gone upstairs made it worse. Took inhaler, propped self up in bed and I've just phoned the doc. He's going to call me back shortly. I'm due to finish the steroids tomorrow. No appointments you might know. If it got too bad I'd get to A&E but I don't think it's going to come to that. It's calming down now I'm resting xxx you might know I'm alone and this flipping well happens x I've been distracting myself on this site and it's helped x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom