Revision TKR Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!

Hi @Pumpkln

Restless as usual. Nothing changes. Didn't help sleeping two hours solid earlier on this evening, I just couldn't stay awake.

I really like my physio. Yes it's a 40 min drive to that hospital but yet again, like the appointments with the surgeon, the pre op, my excellent care there, the physio dept is excellent. I'm more than happy to travel.

I have straightening issues again Chris that are worrying me. He's given me exercises to do. I thought I'd got both knees completely flat on my bed at home but no, on a proper ortho bed, in the hospital it's bent. I was gutted. He said I can't judge on a normal bed because the mattress pads itself to fit the backs of the knees as you sit up and straighten your legs out. He told me not to worry about this but tbh I am. Very. I know it's very early days and I've not healed yet Xxxx I'm scared I'm going to end up like before. That bend in the end affected the whole of my mobility before I went in for revision. I couldn't even walk to the corner shop.

Thanks Chris
Love Ann xxx
 
Ann,
Here are some suggestions for extension, give it time.
Extension: exercises for improvement
I have a 50 minute drive to my OS, glad I only have to make it every few months, but worth it.
Pay atention to the heel to toe walking to facilitate knee extension.
Hope that helps,
 
It's 4.28 here and I feel tired. Was in pain with both knees and left hip. Took 10mg top up of Morphine. Ready to sleep. Will post in a few hours. Bless you xxx
 
[Bonesmart.org] Woohoo I'm starting to feel better!
Welcome back @hopefaith, I'm so happy to see you xxxx
All my love Nana moon 27 xox
 
Ps Ann can those shoes be worn outside in the streets. I love them they look so comfy. Who makes them, susanne


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Oh oh, you are being restricted to no use of the IPad after 6 pm. You are probably eating dinner by then .. oh my I see a dilemma here. Sometimes I know I wake up like now because I have been napping on and off all day and because I was uncomfortable, and needed to take my pain medication. But too much stimulation can keep one awake. Hope everyone has a pain free day. @susanne, Nice photos thanks for posting. Hope things get easier for you , but glade you do get some respite and are able to get out with Mom, friends and family. @hopefaith so good to see and hear from you. Hope all is well!!!! Everyone have a good day. Ann, granddaughter sounds so cute. It's hard to comprehend how you would know someone here in the states... :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
I've got the most dreadful shakes so he's ordered me back to bed and got my granddaughter to carry a cup of tea up for me. I had overdone it. I emptied the sink and loaded the dishwasher. I emptied the washing up rack out all the contents away. I bleached the sink, it's one of those wretched white porcelain ones, shows every speck.
I prepared potatoes, swede, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, created a home made Yorkshire pudding mixture.
I tried to be my "normal" self. I'm afraid four weeks post op and on morphine is not a good idea to try and do all this in one go! I know there are people out there who have to but for me personally this is a no no at the moment.

Anyway, my knee hurts, just took some paracetamol (Tylenol) and elevated my leg xxx
Catch you later.
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Nana moon 27 Hi Ann! I thought I would drop by and see how you are doing. I can see from your post that you are doing way too much. I got tired just reading about it. I too decided to make dinner today, but a very easy one. With tortellini as the main ingredient, you add two cans of diced Italian tomatoes, 4 cups of chicken or veggie broth, a small package of fresh spinach and an 8 oz. block of cream cheese. You just put it all together in the crock pot along with salt, pepper and garlic salt and put it on low for 6 hours. We've had it before and it's pretty good. Even doing that little bit made me tired, let alone all you did!!
Try to take it easy for the rest of the day and RELAX!!!!!!!! Anne
 
Hi @Yorkimom

After reading your post to me earlier, I decide to read my earlier post. How on earth did I do all that on top of morphine and paracetamol xx it wore me out reading it too!!!

Love Ann xxx
 
It's 4.16 am here. I've had to shout down to husband to fetch my ice pack up. My knee feels like it's on fire all down and around the scar. Yukky! So I'm elevating as well...a bit fed up Xxxx

I hate to say this but my throat is a bit sore and my chest is icky! I hope I haven't caught this thing he's got. We've avoided each other as much as possible, to minimise the risk.

I've been playing games on my iPad to distract me from the heat and discomfort but it's not working.

Catch you later
Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Oh no @nanamoon please take care,lots of vitC,manuka honey and lemon and rest.
@Ellejay so sorry to hear about your dad and now your hectic week sorting it all out.The poppies look wonderful we are going next week on my birthday looking forward to that,then afternoon tea.My back and hip are terrible this morning had a hectic day with family yesterday,cooked lunch and played with boys all afternoon so will have a quiet one today,take care all.
 
@Nana moon 27 hope your chest ones is better soon. You don't need it! I always find at this time of the year that if I catch a cold, it means a chest infection and then my asthma kicks off so at the mo if anyone's got a cold, I'm giving them a wide berth! Even the grandkids!
Mary x
 
HI ann, @Nana moon 27

I saw on kneeper's thread that your physio hurt you while he was testing.
I'm sorry to hear that. Not fair! :console2: Do tell him not to do anything like that again.

Of course your knee is still healing! It can take a full year for all your soft tissues to be completely healed, so there's no need to rush.
 
When I go back to see the OS in January he has ordered X-rays of both knees because of his concerns regarding the lies the other hospital had told me about the possibility of saving my non TKR joint. When he looked at the X-rays they did in February, there was actually nothing to save! He's offered me an arthroscopy if I want it after he's looks at the next lot of X-rays. He asked how much pain was I in with it. I had to answer honestly that I don't know because of the high dose of morphine I'm on, yet occasionally I get a sharp pain in it that comes through the morphine. I'm slowly reducing it. I'm going into my second week of a 10mg reduction I did last week. I'm hoping by the weekend to drop another 10mg. That will put me in 30mgAm & 30 mg Pm. Fingers crossed xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say @Yorkimom is that My chest is acting up definitely. I keep sweating but I'm menopausal so that means nothing really. My nose has felt tickly as well as my throat but doesn't go beyond this. Weird xxx

Thank you for posting. You're so kind

Love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Back
Top Bottom