Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all.
Glynis I think you have just been unlucky. I had the 1st replacement of this hip done 20 years ago and it has been great. The last revision I had on my other hip was also great from the start.
Jo I have upped my meds now. It was the consultant who advised me about the movement of the implant. It is the stem and it has dropped by 15 - 20 mm. It was very visible on the x-ray done yesterday.
Have had a busy da with the children today. Hoping to get a rest when they all go at 5.30
I also have treated myself to some new crutches. I had lots of money for my birthday so thought if I am having to use the dam things I will get some snazzy 1s. Can't wait for them to arrive. :yay:
 
Oh, my dear, I don't know how I've missed your thread before - I've just read right through and I can't imagine how you have coped over the years! Some of us chafed at our restrictions after surgery but no walking at all for weeks! You are obviously a loving person (and that makes you a good childminder!) but sometimes you need to come first. We all like a clean house but I have found that so long as the kitchen and bathroom are OK the rest can wait - after a few weeks the dust doesn't get any worse! My Aunt told me to take my specs off, you don't see it then. I know as a childminder you have to be careful but you are not Wonderwoman and a bit of dust never harmed anyone.
Like Josephine says, keep up the pain meds - I have slow release Tramadol that I take twice a day. It has less effect on my guts than any of codeine type ones and does not make me sleepy. Less pain (or no pain) = gain in my book.
Love and healing vibes heading towards you
Anne
 
Josephine How does a stem drop? I don't understand.

Millie, you have the best attitude and the most patience---I bet you are wonderful working with children. They have to just love you.
 
Jo I have upped my meds now.
Good!
It was the consultant who advised me about the movement of the implant. It is the stem and it has dropped by 15 - 20 mm. It was very visible on the x-ray done yesterday.
Now I see. It has gone down into the femoral canal. And by almost an inch! No wonder you are in pain.
 
Josephine I don't understand how to tag you but do you know much about these situations on is it likely to need more surgery ?
 
Dear all
You are all so kind with your lovely thoughts.
As a child I was neglected so my dislocated hips went unnoticed until I was nearly 3. I have always had pain and mobility issues but have learned to live with them.
I quests when you have always had pain it is difficult to realise how bad it gets at time. I can usually take a pill and get on with it. I have always been very independent and a career for my husband and bringing up my lovely girls. My biggest fear it that if I give in and stop I will lose my aims in life.
I love my job and the children I care for are all very special to me. Again I feel I need to carry on or I may have to give up my business.
At the moment I am very fed up with myself but don't think people need to hear me moaning. So many people have bigger problems and are in more pain than me.
I am very lucky to have have everything in life I have ever wanted, a husband, children and a home so think I should count my chickens really.
It is also nice that I can cone here and people understand what it feels like to have silly hips and bones like me :kittykiss:
 
Millie, you've no reason to be fed up with yourself. You are a warrior and a hero. I admire you perseverance, and so do many others.

As for tagging Josephine, here's how:

Push the "shift" key down and hold it and hit the "2" key which gives you the @. Without leaving a space, type Josephine, and her name will show up in blue when you click on "post reply."
 
Hi Millie, Just noticing your post and as I read through it I realized, boy what a trooper you are. I also had a fairly rough childhood, so I understand how things were let go. I also understand how that makes you a great childminder as you know what they need. I wish I could just snap my fingers and make you all better as you sure enough have had your fill. Don't ever feel like you can not vent, complain, be sad or angry here, as we are here to support you not to judge, there will always be someone else somewhere who is in a worse condition than the one we find ourself in but that doesn't mean that we should be happy about what is going on with us, and that we don't have a right to complain. Bottomline is it is unfair what you are going through now and I can only imagine the disappointment you must feel. Please remember that we are here for you and are sending positive vibes, prayers and hugs your way. YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN!
 
Thanks ladies
I think this "family " of ours are the only people who can truly understand how we feel at times.
Xx
 
Hi Millie, just stopping by to say hello and to thank you for being an inspiration to us all. Your positive, up beat attitude and disposition in the face of adversity are admirable. At my last OS appointment, the doctor told me that my stem had "settled" some and that if the LLD became bothersome he would address it at the next appointment with a lift for my shoe. Perhaps this is something you can ask your doctor about. It may buy you some time to heal both physically and emotionally before having to make any further decisions.

While I have had countless back surgeries and the recent hip replacement, it is nothing compared to what you have been through. Please don't feel like you are moaning or groaning here in the forum. We care! We want to hear how you are doing...the good, the bad and the ugly. It is here that you will find understanding and compassion.

Please keep us up to date on how you are doing.

All the best,
Tammy
 
Josephine do you know much about these situations on is it likely to need more surgery ?
It's difficult to say, honey. Only time will tell. It might be more firmly set if it's been driven down the femur but on the other hand, it might also be a sign it's become loose. That might also account for your pain. Just make sure your surgeon takes another xray in a few weeks' time to see which it is.
 
Millie, so sorry to hear about the recent troubles. You've been dealing witht this like a trooper and enduring quite a bit. I too am curious as to how long you'll wait to revisit for an xray to see if things have stopped shifting. Please be careful now not to overdo. I know it's difficult with the little ones, but you will need to take care of yourself now in order to keep going later. I'm sending lots of healing nd comfort vibes your way. I so wish I could do more!!!

:friends:
 
Wow, Millie, you have had a rough time of it! I had seen your thread around Christmas, but then lost track of it. So sorry you are having such issues with the revision. It sounds like from what Josephine said that it is possible that you may not need more surgery, so I am sending best wishes that that is the case. Be careful with the child minding. It is so easy to overdo at work. I say this and I have a desk job, where I don't need to lift anything or anyone. Your job is very physically demanding.

You have an incredible attitude for someone who has been through so much! Also, don't feel like you are being a complainer. As bellaroma says, there is always someone in worse shape and someone in better shape than we are. It is so true. You have your reality and it is ok to honor it.

Sending your hip healing vibes!
 
Evening all.
Hope your all keeping nice and warm. Its reported to be +4 here but feels more like -4.
I had a good day with the tiddlies. Lots of playing, chatting and laughing. Also been for some acupuncture or for a stabbing as I call it to help with pain.
Hope you all had a good day too
:kittykiss:
 
Did the acupuncture help? I hope you are feeling more comfortable, and keeping warm.
It sure is cold where you are. It is hot here in Florida! I went kayaking and hiking today for a class I am taking---everyone in tee-shirts.
 
Oh Millie, I am so sorry to read that you are having ongoing issues with your revision.

I can well imagine that you do not feel you can go through another surgery.. Very difficult decision and you are the only person who can decide which option to go for.

It is easy for someone else to say, go for option number one, but we are not traveling your journey, although we can share it with you :)
 
Hello everybody
Work is done and the weekend is here :egypdance: seems to have been a long week. Today has been not too bad. I am now trying to rest much more and only do things in short bursts. Had acupuncture yesterday and had 7 !!! Yes that's right 7 hours straight sleep last night. I have allowed myself a few extra painkillers today and I feel better in myself as have less pain.
The weekend will be on the iPad or knitting for the homeless so not much walking. Mr Tesco will deliver the shopping on Sunday although I do have to go toy shopping. I have 5 little people's birthdays before the end of the month. 2x 1 year old 2x 2year olds and 3 year old. I like to got to a big toy shop and find them all nice gifts myself.
Hope you all have a restful weekend planned ;-)
 
There is nothing like a good night's sleep for setting things right. Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned; I just wish I could send you some of this sunshine:SUNsmile:
 
Great you got some good sleep and that you are doing the work burst with rests between. Do you mind the kiddies in your home? Good knitting
 
Hi
Yes I am a registered childminder and care for the children in my home and I must add I love every minute of it :) I started when I was told it would not be good for me to have anymore babies of my own. I thought ok I will look after other people's. I must add even though my girls are now grown up they are still my special babies.
My older daughter has just started to help support homeless people so I decided to help by knitting hats and gloves ready for next winter. I also make blankets and cloths for prem or still born little angels.
I am hoping to have a good sleep again tonight and I hope all my hippy friends do too
Nigh night all xx
: :sleep:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Back
Top Bottom