Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millie, sounds like the acupuncture is helping with the pain you are experiencing. I've had good experiences with it pre-surgery and my husband gets relief with his back issues. Glad to hear you are taking some quiet time knitting to give things a break from being up with the children during the day. You are so giving and kind.

Do you have a follow-up scheduled soon?

Hopefully the weather will start behaving there so you can safely go about your errands without having to strap on your skates!

:flwrysmile:
 
Evening
I don't have a follow up appointment until may. I am seeing a private physio for acupucture at the mo and find it good for pain. I went to see my gp today as I have an ear infection and she commented on how well I was walking so that made my day.
Hope you had a good day
 
Hello all
Hope you all had a good day. Has been another lovely sunny 1here. Everything seems much better when the sun is out.
Been for another acupuncture session today and all seems goo.
It is the 1st time for about a month that I can say I am starting to feel I am getting somewhere :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama?
I sure hope the sun keeps shinning for you Millie. Good to hear you sounding and feeling positive and hopeful.

Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama?
 
The sun has disappeared today but I am still smiling :SUNsmile: we are having a man around to give us a quote for work in the garden shortly then I am going to attempt to go for a little walk. The 1st time in weeks so watch this space :flwrysmile:
 
How wonderful that you are feeling like going for a little walk:) Yay for your acupuncturist!
 
Evening everybody
Hope you have all have a good week. I have had 2days off work so have had a lovely rest. I have been shopping today with my daughter. I have walked all around the shopping centre and managed no problems ;) I even bought myself a new pair of shoes ;)
I wonder if anybody can answer a question for me. I have never needed so much sleep in all my life. We got a new bed as I wasn't finding our old 1comfy but now I fing it hard to get up on a morning even after 10 hours sleep. Not sure if its the lovely bed, my age as I am getting old !! Or just part of my hip healing.
I was told last week to treat post op as when the inplant moved so will be 4weeks now.
Every day seems to be getting better with my hip now so I am thinking it was in a bad position and my body has put it in the correct place for me ??

:flwrysmile:
 
You are hardly getting old--isn't 50 the new 30? Your body needs a ton of rest to help with your recovery. Just enjoy it.:zzz:
 
--isn't 50 the new 30?
Yes please! :heehee:

Don't worry a bit about needing sleep. Sleep = healing! The more you do the more rest you need just now. Things will ease off. Right now enjoy the rest!
 
Well the sleep fairy didn't stay long. Now I am back off half term the sleepless nits have returned. Must admit after 2 nights with very little sleep I am shattered. It's also very damp here so my bones are not happy ;(
 
Hope you have better luck with the sleep tonight. Maybe you've just caught up a bit. Don't you wish you could sleep like we all did when we were teenagers? Dead to the world.
 
Evening all
Another week done and a sleep in tomorrow :sleep: after early mornings all week.
Hippy is being good. Was a bit painful mid week but ok again now. Seems I am heading in the right direction for a change :egypdance:
Am going out to the theatre to see Birds of a Feather tonight so will be a late night.
Have a great weekend everybody xx
:flwrysmile:
 
Evening everybody
It's my hips 1/2 birthday tomorrow and at last it seems to be feeling a bit better.
Looking back to 3 months ago and I was really fed up al felt this was now my lot. While I admit I think my hip is still only about 60% right I am happy I has it revised and am looking forward and not back.
It's been lovely to know there are friends here to hold my hand and understand just how it all feels.
Am hoping n
By my hips 1 year birthday to be 100% better.
Thanks for all your support
Xxxx
:cheers:
 
Millie, you have such a wonderful, positive outlook. I hope that hip will soon be 100% right.:SUNsmile:
 
I still not convinced my hip is right. It feels wrong. Still will wait and see. Managed to get the washing on the line today in the sun so am a happy chappy :)
 
Millie, hope all is going well for you. Have you had a break in the weather and have you been able to get out? Hopefully the acupuncture is still working for you and that you are sleeping better. They can also hit some points that may help in that department as well. Wishing you restful nights and pain-free days (and nights). Hope all the little ones are doing well under your wonderful care!
 
Evening all
Hello dede62. Am not getting anywhere fast at the mo but I thing things are gradually settling. I haven't been able to get out much. I am afraid of falling. Also the pain is awful when I get cold. I have been doing school runs but would like to do more. I have time off during the holidays which I am planning to use sorting out all my toys and clean the house and carpets. After the hols as long as no ice I am am planning to have a chat with myself and commit to having a little walk each day.
The children are all lovely as usual. The youngest is nearly walking. I love watching and helping them do new things ;) they make my life compleat. I look forward when my daughters produce grandchildren for me to spoil.
I am still having acupuncture along with painkillers and they seem to be helping. I don't have acupuncture every week now for my hip. I am having it at the mo for my back. (Think I picked up a tiddlies from the floor wrong !!)
How is life with you ? I bet you haven't got all this ice and snow. I would love a little sun at the mo.
Have a good week
Xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom