Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millie, we had a late spring snow storm on Friday. At my house, there was a shallow layer of snow covering the grass and the roads were wet. Within a mile from home on the drive to work the flakes got bigger and it had accumulated about 5" on the roads causing major slowdowns. I had to take a detour so I could get to work as I had to pick up a vehicle there and drive to a client site. I had to literally shovel the snow off of the van before I could leave, so my hands were pretty cold and my hair was damp from the continuing falling snow! I at least had gloves and a scraper in my own car, so I didn't have to do it bare handed. Once I made it to the freeway, it was a normal drive as the snow was only falling in that one area (we call it a convergence zone). By the time I made it back to the office later that day, almost all of the snow and slush was melted as the weather had truly done a 180 degree turn!

I don't blame you for being concerned about falling or slipping on the ice. I was very careful the other day myself! I hope things settle down for you so you feel better. Try not to over-do on the cleaning. Try and break it up into smaller parts and do over time if you can't solicit some help.

You are so good with kids! Your grandbabies will be so spoiled and your daughter will be so grateful that she has such a great Mom! Have a wonderful week!
 
Both of you girls need to be very careful in all that cold slippery snow and ice.
Millie, when your daughters present you with grandchildren those are going to be some lucky kids.
 
Hello everybody
Hope you are all enjoying Good Friday. I have a week off now so am planning on lots of rest and getting jobs sorted around the house. Managed to get all the toys and equipment in the garage and all my paper work sorted yesterday. Today is the yearly accounts.
I am going out for dinner soon with hubby so that will be nice.
The hippie is still causing my pain. I am still on the meds. Gp has been very supportive and she said to stay on them for another 3 months then think again. I am due to see the consultant again early may although I haven't had an appointment come yet. I can't decide if the hip has settled yet. I seem to go for a few weeks then have a bad pain attack then it settles. I still haven't got the confidence to walk far. Keep having a stiff talk with myself and make plans but then chicken out. Am having the week off next week then when I have the baby back the following week I am going to get myself moving. If anybody wants to remind (bully) into doing it feel free :)
 
Afternoon all
Hope you all having a good day and feeling ok.
I had a good week off work. Have cleaned out the garage and shampooed the carpet and got lots of jobs done around the house. Hip seemed to be fine until yesterday when the pain started again. Couldn't sleep on it last night so am so tired again today. Hope will have a better sleep tonight ;)
Xx
 
Oh, Millie. At least you had part of the week where you weren't thinking about that hip. You did heaps around the house, and it probably tipped you over the threshold... You can probably use that as a guide :) Hopefully things will calm down and you'll be able to rest better again.
 
I think it the implant is still loose. The pain is nowhere near as bad as it was the 1st time it moved but its the same pain in the same place. Back to work tomorrow so resting is over for me until we have a week off end of may ;(
 
You'll know more in early May, correct? Until then, be cautious not to overdo as best you can. We know you can't keep Millie down!!

:flwrysmile:
 
Not had my appointment yet. Was going to contact them about it but am so worried about what they will say now am just leaving it a while. I am now sure from the pain I have it will be bad news and I can't face anymore surgery ;(
 
Oh Millie, I am so sorry you are going through all this trauma. I can understand you not wanting to hear bad news but I think it would be a good idea to get in touch and ask about that appt, we don't want you being worse off for not being seen sooner rather than later.

Big hugs, hang in there

Take care

Ann.x.
 
Thanks Ann
Just feeling fed up of it all at the no. Sleep is not my friend at the mo so that doesn't help when I have children to look after all day. I have always slept on my operated side, at the mo it's too sore if I sleep on the other side I have very strange dreams and wake up every hour in a panic. I have a real fear of hospitals, surgery and am needle phobic so will see what happens ?
 
Hi Mİllie,
You've had so many surgeries!
I was also born with cdh of both hips which was diagnosed at the age of 1. Had surgeries during my childhood and adolescence but not as many as yours!
My left hip had the first replacement when I was 35, 15 years ago and my right one recently 6 weeks ago, but this one had a bad anatomy, the femur was curved like a C , had a plate due to osteotomy done 20 years ago. I was very worried whether the surgeon would be able to pull out the plate without breaking the trochanter and insert the prosteses without the need of any other requirements or complications. Thank God, he managed it!
So tell me please why you can not swim at this time. I see that you had your last replacement in Sept. Are you not allowed or is it about the facility not available near by?
Cheers from istanbul
Selin
 
Hi Selin
The last time I saw the consultant he told my no physio, swimming or anything that would stress my hip ;(
 
When will you see him/her again?
And is the consultant your surgeon or the GP?
 
Evening Selin.
Sorry I forget docters titles are sometimes different. Consultant is the chap who did my surgery. Well he isn't really. The 1 who did it has now gone to work in India for a year to teach so I have a new man ;( not good really.
Xx
 
Evening everybody
Glad itv s the weekend tomorrow. It's not easy getting through the week with pain ;( at least we are tool we are having better weather over the weekend so that will be a treat ;)
How is everybody else doing now we are back to work after Easter ?
:kittykiss:
 
Hi Millie, sorry you are experiencing pain... no fun at all, especially with young children to care for and working.. Sometimes it is easier to 'not want to know' but the outcome may not be what we fear.... make the appointment honey :)
 
Dear Millie.....thinking of you.....its still cold down here in Brighton....they say Sunday maybe warmer although the forecast for next week is rain :(
 
Evening friends
We enjoyed a little sun this morning which cheered everybody up. I spent the day with my girls doing girlie shopping and just spending time with them. We wer out for nearly 6 hours. It was great but I'm paying for it all now ;(
I did treat myself to a sun hat (living in hope) for my holidays and a new hand bag. The bag I have is so big and I keep putting stuff in it so its like a suitcase to carry around. Decided it was time for a smaller 1.
Hoping the sun comes out tomorrow and drys the washing ;)
Clifford I have some very dear friends living in your part of the world. Love it at Brighton. You have a lovely sea front and great shops there too ;)
:kittykiss:
 
Dear Millie...I also seem to wake up nearly every 90 minutes often as a result of a dream....not necessarily a nightmare but often something strange :yikes: ....

PS been pouring with rain most of the day
 
Glad it's not just me Clifford. Last night in my silly dream was about pennies. I had loads of pennies and I had a whole in my pocket and there was too many for me to pick up. I kept dropping then then get in a state as I couldn't pick the all up. Really odd. The night before I dreamt I fell out with my best mate as she put sugar in my tea !! All very strange. Most of the time I can't remember what the dream was I just wake up in a panic !!
:headbang:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom