Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR will I ever reach the end of this drama?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great update Millie, it is so rewarding when we read progress is happening - much to look forward for you.. A holiday, must admit I love going to our coast house.. The ocean is so healing :)
 
when the sun decides to put his hat on.
Well, let's not hold our breath on that one, okay?

[Bonesmart.org] will I ever reach the end of this drama?
 
Afternoon
Thanks Josephine. It's rained all day today :boohoo:
My new hip is 8 months old tomorrow. It seems to have been a road. I thing we all need to remember some people take a little longer to reach the end of their journey and it is sometimes bumpy.
I am recovering from a chest infection and its totally wiped me out. The doc reminded me that it would still be a long time before I would bounce back as I am used too.
I am going to speak to a young man this week about hip replacements. He was born like me with CDH and has had some surgeries but now at 35 he has been advised he should go for THR. He is very worried and upset about it all and he asked he GP if it was possible to have a chat with somebody who had been in the same position.
I will tell him to also visit here. I had my 1st replacement at 30 and it gave me back my life. Even though it seems you are fighting a battle at times if you have a positive frame of mind you will win :SUNsmile:
We are going on holiday next week so have lots of jobs to do before and yes Jo we are hoping for at least a few days of the bright stuff :egypdance:
 
Millie, good to hear your lung infection is clearing albeit slowly. Hopefully it won't be long before your energy re-emerges. So nice to hear your hip is behaving (or is it Millie behaving? :heehee: ).

It is so good of you to share your experience with the other young patient. Because of your journey, you will have a real world account of what they can expect as a possibility. Of course will all recoveries, as you know, they are all different. Bring on another Bonesmartie! He will be welcomed with open arms.
 
Hi millie4162 I found your thread by searching for childminder but now I have read it all the way through I see I would have found it at the top of the forum anyway! What a rough ride you have had, hope things are getting better for you and you will get a good answer at your next appointment.

I was searching for childminders as that's what I am, well should be as I registered in Nov but then the RAF moved us to a different area and then I was on the waiting list for my thr so didn't start. Am just thinking about starting up again in a couple of weeks, I don't want to end up in pain though so will take it steady at first.
Will keep up with your thread now, just wanted to say hi!
 
Hi Jellybean
I have been a childminder for 13 years now and am now a support childminder for new childminders so if I can be of any help just ask. You can also add me as a friend on fb if you like ;)
It has been a challenge trying to get through with pain but the children put a smile on my face every day ;)
 
Morning all
Did you miss me ??
Well the holiday wasn't good ;(
The weather was awful. We had rain, hail and wind for all except 1day.
I have now got the most awful back pain if I walk more than 100m.
In the end we have come home early ;(
Even the journey home was a journey from hell. Instead of it taking 3 hours it took 5 1/2 !!!

On a good note my new hip is being good. I have had very little pain in it at all so am hoping it will be good news when I see the consultant on Tuesday.

Now that we are home the sun is shining :gaah:
 
Morning all
What a difference a week makes. We had a lovely bank holiday enjoying the sun on the new patio.
Today is the next appointment about my hip. Will the implant have moved any more I wonder ??
Will I see the consultant ?
Will they do an x-ray ?
All will be reported back later.
Have a good day friends

:bicycle1:
 
Millie, sorry to hear your holiday was a bit of a disaster, how disappointing for you all. This crazy weather doesn't help either does it. At least we should be thankful for the couple of sunny days we had at the weekend :)

How did your Doctors appt go.

Take care

Ann
 
Morning Ann
Had good and not so good news yesterday.
The consultant was delighted with the way I was walking. He said was. A very big improvement on 3 months ago.
Seems when I was x-rayed in jan they found the implant in the femur had moved. They also found 2 cracks in the bone. 1 at the top on the outside of the leg and another lower down on the front.
Seems the top 1 is healing well and should be fine. The bottom 1 has showed no improvement and I may need more surgery to put a support around the bone ?
I have Togo back in another 3 months for another x-ray.
He said he is classing me As 3 months post op as the implant moved at 5 months and at 3 months he said everything is looking good.

The pain I am having in my pelvis is down to my back so soon as my private physio is back off her hols next week I will be in contact with her to see if she can get my sorted.

I am happy with the latest visit. My bones do heal slowly as they have been through so much trauma through my life. I am feeling much better in myself and am happier with my walking. When I see him in 3 months if will be nearly a year and my old consultant was expecting it to take me 2 years to get back to normal. I think by then I will be hall way. :egypdance:

It's raining again here. Think we all need willies ;) the weather man says it is looking better next week when I am back at work. :hissy:

At least the children will get to try out the new patio

:flwrysmile: :bicycle2: :friends:
 
Millie, you are the poster child for patience. Half a loaf is certainly better than none, but I will be hoping that the next 3 months brings more good news and that you don't have to undergo more surgery to support the crack.

Sharon
 
Evening Sharon
I am really feeling I am getting back on my feet now and am hoping the bone will heal. If not I will take a lot of persuading to have more surgery. After over 9 hours for the last 1 I think I have had enough ;)
 
Just when I was beginning to feel I might be getting there the pain is back :boohoo:
Been getting steadily worse since Sunday.
Don't want to play anymore :scary: :hairpulling:
 
Evening all
I think summer has decided it's over as I am freezing tonight. The washing dries well on the line though due to the wind.
Was supposed to be starting the decorating today but only got as far as washing the paintwork down and masking half the room. Will just have to do a little each day.
Have a dentist appointment at 8am tomorrow which for a needlehobic is not much fun but after we are going to play at another of my chilminder friends. With 7 under 5s between us am sure will be great fun
 
Evening everybody
Well the good news is I have finished all the glossing and we have ordered new floor covering. The bad news is there is still emulsioning to do in 2rooms before the floor is laid ;(
The sun has been lovely here today so maybe summer is trying to visit us for a while ?
Hippy is still causing problems but I have decided just to take extra painkillers when it's bad and carry on. I believe I had the surgery so I could get on with my life as I wanted so as long as I don't over do things I an planning on carrying on.
Hope you are all having a lovely summer and enjoying your new hippies :kittykiss: :cry: :flwrysmile:
 
Evening everybody,
Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the lovely sun :SUNsmile:
I am 10 months in now and at last think I made the right decision in the 1st place to have the revision done. I am still not pain free but my life is VERY slowly returning to normal.
I still need more sleep than I did before the surgery and am yet to reduce the daily meds but as they say "Rome wasn't built in a day " :tada:
I pop in from time to time to catch up on how the family of hippies is doing and indeed growing
Take care all and enjoy the sun while it lasts

:cheers:
 
Yes please do keep popping in millie4162, we love to hear how you are progressing.. Slow and steady good friend.
 
Thanks friend. I am getting there. Decorated the bedroom last weekend and doing the hall this week. Getting there at last :egypdance:
 
Evening all
I find myself visiting less and less these says but it is nice to see how we'll we are all doing.
Just got back from our summer holidays and I am pleased to report it was fantastic :egypdance: the sun was lovely. It only rained over night.
My hip still continues its slow recovery :gaah: it is very frustrating at times. I am still taking all the pain meds but at least the walking is slowly getting easier.
This time last year not only was I in awful pain but also couldn't walk. The children were all going back to school and I wasn't even able to work.
This year I will be returning to see the consultant on 3rd sept to see if the bone has at last healed. I am hoping it will all be ok so can avoid any further surgery. If it hasn't yet healed he will have to give me a very good argument for doing more surgery.
I really don't want to have any more time off work and really can't face the thought of any more intervention.
I have lots of new children starting in my care and will enjoy taking 3 new little girls to start school and helping them to settle into reception class.
Hope you are all still healing well

Xxx. :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom