THR When to have THR revisited?

Well this trochanteric bursitis has come back with a vengeance.
Quite probably it never did get completely better but just dropped below your radar. And it certainly is a very disabling condition. But I'm curious to know if the pain was also in your butt - round about here

[Bonesmart.org] When to have THR revisited?


Because what often occurs in company with Trochanteric bursitis is Piriformis syndrome. That can be incredibly disabling and excruciatingly painful too!
 
Thanks for merging the thread, I just thought it to be a different problem.

The pain I experienced did not seem at the time to include that area of the buttocks.
 
I had a total hip replacement about eleven years ago. How long do these last before the need to be "revisited" and new parts put in? Lately, I have been having pain in my hip muscle area, it happens sometimes if I don't use the golfers method of bending over, and am wondering if "replacement of my replacement" could possibly be in the near future for me.
 
Hello Warhorse,
I am sorry you're currently dealing with pain.

Joint replacement surgery is one of the most prevalent surgeries performed worldwide. The outcomes of these surgeries have become excellent based on a number of techniques changing over the years. The implants are durable and long lasting, with longevity much greater than before offering an increase in the likelihood you’ll never have to experience this procedure again. With that said...I am wondering if you've been engaging in any new activity or exercises? If so, possibly that's the reason for the pain. If rest, icing and OTC meds as needed, don't seem to relieve the discomfort, or it intensifies, you should consider touching base with your OS's office and let them advise or offer reassurance.

Please notice that we have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. Having your recovery information contained in one place will make it easier for you to reflect back on. It is also helpful for those stopping by to be able to review your history before advising or commenting. Please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. I've edited your thread title to reflect your current concern.
I wish you comfort and hope the pain eases and no revision is necessary. Keep is posted!
@Warhorse
 
@Warhorse as @Layla says maybe you're doing something new or doing it more than usual. I see from previous posts that there might have been some trochanteric bursitis. That could be rearing its ugly head again as its one of those things that just doesn't ever seem to leave forever. I know I still periodically have bouts of it. Just a thought.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom