THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

Hi @Welshgirl
You're going to do just fine! You're not afraid to draw boundaries with your best interest in mind. That's so beneficial in recovery. I hope the set back you're currently suffering is shortlived. I'm sure with lots of rest, ice and well managed pain you'll keep progressing as you should.
Best wishes for continued recovery and a restful, relaxing weekend!
 
Ice it up @Welshgirl .
I'm hoping you will be back on track really soon...it is an up and down journey. With lots of mixed messages.
Easy does it does do it easier. Healing hugs:friends:
 
Wooooo hooo sleep I so love you :egypdance::spin::dancy::roseshwr::yes!:
What a difference it makes!!! Feel as though I could care ncure the world this morning.... happy Friday everyone xxx
 
Yes @Gretel very easiky pleased Fe sure ha ha ;0)
I met my new physiotherapist today what a difference! Had a wonderful heat/ Lazer treatment on thigh muscles and surrounding area shown 1 exercises which in to do once a day he said 'slowly slowly' is the recovery! Feeling much happier happy Friday everyone :flwrysmile::dancy::spin:
 
Hi @Welshgirl
So....with Gretel, the final one of the Fab Four going home tomorrow, you're all on your way!!
Just recalling the all too familiar anxiety you were each experiencing mere days ago.
Look how far you've all come. I'm exited for each one of you. You may still experience
some unexpected tears, or bumps in the road, but it will pass quickly. Before you know it you'll
be marking a month, then two, then three etc.
My best wishes for a peaceful, relaxing weekend of continued healing.
Sending a hug your way......
 
Thanks @Layla I'd be so happy to sleep just now....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Ahhh @Layla
I have just tucked myself up in bed early for a Friday night!
And was thinking about this time last week was one of the worst nights in hospital for me. Horrid fever, so uncomfortable and felt down right miserable :0(
I remembered you saying once that you measured your progress by the weeks in what you have accomplished! You are absolutely right I can now see just how much I have come along the recovery road from last week!!! Ok a couple of blips along the way but the difference I feel is huge.
Thank you for being such a wonderful, constant, positive part of my/our journey. Heart felt thanks to you and hope you have a wonderful weekend
:thankyou::catdance::console2:
Ps @Gretel hope you got more sleep!! And by now in Australia it's go-home day for you..... fabulous :0) x
 
Yes @Gretel very easiky pleased Fe sure ha ha ;0)
I met my new physiotherapist today what a difference! Had a wonderful heat/ Lazer treatment on thigh muscles and surrounding area shown 1 exercises which in to do once a day he said 'slowly slowly' is the recovery! Feeling much happier happy Friday everyone :flwrysmile::dancy::spin:
I like the sound of him :) The physio here is sending me home with the list of exercises they've had me doing and have told me to contact my physio asap if I don't want to come back here. Yea right lol I have some exercises my surgeon wants me doing but he thinks walking is the best anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Hi @Welshgirl Thank you for your kind words!
I'm imagining you all tucked in your bed, in the peaceful comfort of your own home,
appreciating how far you've come over the past week. It's such a great feeling to realize progress!
I've enjoyed being a part of your journey as you're a part of mine! I'm almost four months out
but it's early in the whole scheme of life. I'm still learning things myself and am lifted by others progress, share in their happiness and learn from their experiences to either help myself, or another.
So you've been a blessing to me @Welshgirl
Best wishes for a peaceful weekend full of restful relaxation and continued healing!
 
Hi @Welshgirl. Just catching up and I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a rough ride, but really pleased that you seem to be doing really well overall.

As other folk have said, this is a long journey with ups and downs, but you really will start to notice improvement soon. And once that starts, it’s amazing how quickly you progress. I was able to feel improvement in strength and ability from day to day after the first week or so, and even now (6 weeks out today!) I’m able to do slightly more, or find things slightly easier, each day - so don’t be too disheartened by the bad days because you really are going in the right direction!

I hope you have a nice restful weekend (with lots of lovely sleep!)
 
Thank you @1hipwonder I had the best night sleep so far!!! As you say each day is bringing something new and different and hopefully moving forward in the right direction :0) congratulations on 6 weeks out! I'm learning to recognize that the down days don't last for long, it helps to have this site to pop onto to cheer myself up :0) thank you for you message x
And @Layla you are amazing thank you for your time and messages wishing you both a wonderful weekend x
@Gretel home you are home safe x
 
Hi @Welshgirl Glad things are mellowing out. First week is rough. Your first PT sounds like a butt. I never did any PT after leaving the hospital.OS said just walking is all I needed and im doing great. I'm at four months now and having the other side done on Oct 30th. You can see big improvements in a weeks time. Hopefully you can sleep better. Ice ice ice
 
Hi @Welshgirl i like the sound of your new Physio too. I could do with him when a muscle spasms in my back at 2am. I don’t meet my Physio until 26th October and the insurer suggested one only 15 minutes from home which is good.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
 
Hi @Gone again wow sounds as though you are doing so well :0) and only a couple of weeks away from hip #2!
I am much happier with my new Physio therapist, he seems to be taking a much slower recovery pace which is perfect. Great do luck on the 30th Oct will be looking out for you and your recovery thread :0) also love the ice melting emoji ;0)
 
So yesterday I actually managed to get out of the house and go for lunch at a local beach! Drive was about 20 mins so not too bad even though not the most comfortable in our car! I took cusions to sit at the restaurant which was quite comfortable!
We had lunch then headed home once it became too uncomfortable. All in all we where out for around 2hours. It felt so good to get out and about....however I did a silly thing..... because I was feeling better I missed out on some of my medication thinking it would be ok and it was ok for a few hours.
However When it came to bedtime (9pm) I was in agony :0( it came on so quickly and so strong all I could do was cry in pain. Poor hubby was horrified and felt he was to blame for not enforcing the regular medication!
It took a couple of hours for the meds to work and for me to drop off to sleep.....
Moral of the story is to keep those pain meds up and not let it get too far for the pain to set in again as it takes much longer to get under control!!! My lesson truly has been learned!
I have been hot and on taking my medication since, even through the night! Don't want to revisit that intense pain again!!!


oh @EmEm I hope your back muscle spasm has eased up and you managed to get plenty of rest x
Like you I'm home alone all day today and I'm not going to lie it's a little scary!!! We prepared the house/kitchen as much as we could yesterday to make things a little easier. I have a little sling bag for carrying my phone,iPad book etc from room to room. Hubby also put a sling on my grabber (as I only have one) so I can carry that around with me also... so will see how the day goes! Hope your day goes smoothly xxx
 
So sorry about the distress, but yep, those meds are imperative right now.
Recovery was all a learning process for me too.
I landed in the ODIC (overdid it club) a few times as I felt better I didn't heed some of the "take it slower" advice.
Hey, we learn.
Hope today will be a good one:SUNsmile:
 
Hi @Welshgirl
I'm so sorry the bliss of a fun outing turned into an evening of suffering.
If nothing else, we learn from these mini detours. Most of us experience them.
Thankfully they're fleeting and you wake to a brighter day.
Wishing you a restful, restorative week of recovery.
Take care.....hugs!
 
Wow you did so well getting out for a nice lunch :) Maybe the tempting fate with missing meds is something we need to go through?! I've wondered how we'll l know when it's okay to ease up on them. The doctor told me I'll be able to go from two Targin a day to one a day. Not sure when I'll know when though. I don't think it's time yet though. The only endone I took yesterday was before going to the doctors.
 
@Welshgirl i hope the pain has settled today and you are feeling better. I’m glad I only have to remember one type of painkiller now.

Are you able to sit outside to enjoy the sunshine? Being October and the U.K. it’s not really an option here !

Have a great day.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom