Guest viewing is limited

THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

Oh @Mojo333 after not a great night I wake up to your wonderful sense of humor thank you so much for your post really cheered me up ha ha x
Yesterday I was up and about a couple of very shaky times followed by PT visit so a lot going on felt quite tired. During the day when receiving medication I realized that my cannula was leaking and didn't feel right. I was worried about infections. So kept saying it needed changing, nurses agreed but never did. So long story short at 11 pm last night when new nurse tried to give me medication realized the problem so had to put new cannula in....I am now officially a human pin cushion... ouch! My temperature had been raising quite rapidly woke up in a pool of sweat and a soaking bed with the air con set to Morgue temps!!!!! Not a fun night!
I just want to go home today but I'm worried about pain management and my Redwood leg!!!
Feeling quite pathetic when I know some of the Fab Four are home @EmEm and @Gretel has had both hips done!
 
@Welshgirl - sorry things are going rough for you but do have faith they will get better... Once you get the pain under control hopefully things will look up both rest wise and getting you back on your home turf... Hang in there...
 
Oh @Welshgirl I do feel for you. This is tough and scary for all of us! Thank goodness we've found this forum :)
I've had lots of lovely visitors today. All my kids came plus inlaws. I have pretty flowers and chocolate I can't eat. I'm a chocoholic so this is weird lol
 
Home always makes things better...I was upset when they told me I was going home after 2 days because weren't sure how I was going to manage. I went to my sisters as she had walk in shower but then all family were working during the day and I spent most of the day alone.But definitely easier to get comfortable and folks were checking on me.
Hopefully they will let you go soon.
Healing hugs sent your way. :yes:
 
Interesting differences between hospitals everywhere. I have no compression stockings but had the leg pumps for 24 hours. No catheter meant ‘managing’ a bed pan (with help) over the first post-op night. Made to drink lots because of low blood pressure then needing to pee every hour. Lovely nurse was off on leave at end of shift - well deserved!

Still having random sleepiness, apologies if nothing makes sense,
 
You are doing fine @EmEm ! Just take things slow and steady. Don't feel pressured to do anything. Sleep is good - it means your body is healing.
 
Hi @Welshgirl
Hopefully you're having a good day....
Also hoping the shakiness is gone, temp has returned to normal and that you
feel warmer than you would in a meat locker......poor thing!
I'll bet you're home by now, resting comfortably with well managed pain.
Best wishes for a restful, relaxing weekend of recovery.
 
Hi guys thank you for your comments x
I eventually left hospital yesterday afternoon and boy it's so good to be home :0)
My Doctor was happy for me to go home but gave me the decision if I felt I could cope at home ok... it was a
'No Brainer' and home I went!
However didn't have a very comfortable night at all and have barely slept! Was my first night without a catheter..... now I know what you ladies have been dealing with!
Had a mini melt down this morning at 5am, with more tears of frustration. I hadn't quite got the hang of pain management!!!
My wonderful husband has been able to save me from being a total wreck, helping me to shower, change my dressing and settling me down on the couch with a strict pain management schedule, I am now a relaxed and more comfortable human being again!!! He is certainly earning a lot of 'man points!'
Thank you @Layla @Gretel @Mojo333 @EmEm @dapplega for checking in on me x
 
Hi @Welshgirl I have been looking out for you in the hope you were now at home. The first 24 hours were the most difficult trying to do things that were easy in hospital where everything was on hand.
I was sent home with several boxes of pills and a list but no idea how to get those into a schedule. I think I have it sorted now although some were downstairs when I was upstairs.
My dressing doesn’t have to be touched until I go to the GP’s nurse in a week’ time. Thankfully it’s waterproof.
I hope you enjoy being at home and being looked after.
 
Hey @EmEm great to hear from you I was just reading your thread and seeing how well you are doing :0)
My surgeon showed my husband how to change my dressing and asked if he was happy to do it every day till next Thursday as the drain holes where still a little weepy and he wanted to make sure it was cleaned every day. Nurse Craig (hubbys new name) has been amazing! I was prescribed Nurofen, paracetamol, Xarelto (thrombosis pill) Controloc for my stomach. Since taking then religiously today I feel a lot more comfortable but dread going to bed tonight! Since the operation my lower back pain has been horrendous couple that with sleeping on my back equals disaster and raising pain levels...... I'm hoping by tonight I will be so exhausted I will sleep in any position! Hope you are having a good weekend and I'm sure like me are looking forward to daily improvements :dancy::loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
OMG @Mojo333 thank you for sharing that. A good helping of reality is what I need. Seriously! I just want to be so so prepared for it all in November. I realise that everyone has their own recovery journey with so many different questions along the way but this forum ( and your messages)is helping me so much, and I love the bits of humour along the way.
 
I had the same sleep issues, hate to say it, for almost the first month. Lots of medication, only after first two hours, up on recliner watching mindless television, hopefully making up for it a tad by many mini naps during the day.
All temporary...hang in there.:bored:
 
Hi @Welshgirl
It's so wonderful to be home. I'm happy for you!
Guess what? Not only are mini meltdowns okay....they're common
and allowed....look what you've just been through. Thankfully
Nurse Craig sounds ready, willing and able to cater to your every need.
Lucky you.....for now. Payback may come, lol!

Hopefully your back pain eases up so you are able to get some quality rest.
I think you'll start noticing progress this week and it will only get better and better.
Best wishes for a great week of continued recovery. Hugs....
 
Good morning @Layla
Thank you for the reassurance, I can not believe the difference 24 hours has made!!

From being a complete wreck and fearing I wasn't going to be able to cope with the recovery,
To this morning feeling much more positive and looking forward to the recovery road!!!

Still a way to go... my knee is absolutely huge! (Side of surgery) I elevated and iced lots yesterday. It was so hot it was melting my ice pack in a flash could keep up with it! Seeing Physio today so will see what he has to say!
Also not much sleep going on, lucky if I get 1.5 hours in one go! Hopefully that will change soon. A warm 'hot water bottle' on lower back helped pain last night :0)

Also knowing that @weezie has posted and is doing well which completes our Fab Four @EmEm @Gretel has made my morning. Well done ladies feel very lucky to have found Bonesmart and you guys :0) have an amazing day :flwrysmile:

Ps Layla hubby is earning way too many 'man points!' Not sure I will be able to pay them all back ha ha ;0)
 
Since the operation my lower back pain has been horrendous couple that with sleeping on my back equals disaster and raising pain levels.
Try putting a small pillow under your knees when you are sleeping on your back. It will take the pressure off your lower back.
 
Ohhhhhh sleeeeep how I've missed you and what a wonder you are!!!

Went to bed totally exhausted last night after hardly any sleep for what seemed an eternity!
Managed to sleep 3x2hours stints, ( had to get up to bathroom in between!)

I feel like a new person this morning wow what a difference. @Layla and @Mojo333 are always saying 'sleep is your healing friend' is so very true! Im ready to take on the day with a smile :0)

@Jaycey thank you for the advice :0)

This time last week I was in a state of panic/worry the night before surgery, going into the unknown was so scary. I really wanted to back out last minute but the people on here reassured me that all will be well and to look forward to a future without continual horrendous pain. Thank you for helping me through that x
It's not been the funniest of times but today I can see light at the end of the tunnel... feeling positive :0)
:egypdance::spin::wowspring::flwrysmile::yay::happydance:

Layla I love these also ;0)
 
@Welshgirl Glad to see you are home and moving on with recovery. Hoping you are starting to feel a bit better and that each day you feel a little better than the day before. I had said a lot more in the message I was going to send last night when the forum went down for me. Just hoping you continue to improve.
 
Ali glad you are resting. Pray for me. Sitting at Food Bank fundraiser...a night with Dean and Frank..for two and one half hours...sitting is NOT my long suit...hope it's comfy chair.
So happy you are seeing the future. Don't hurry too much. Let that new prosthetic stick in there good. Rest will come.
 
Yay....sleep! :sleeep: So awesome :yes!:
I recall also at one week post op, thinking about how nervous I was a mere week prior, about to
embark on the whole process. Just thinking about it brings such a wonderful feeling of relief knowing
you're safe and comfy in the privacy of your own home.... and ITS BEHIND YOU!
So happy for you @Welshgirl You're on your way :yay:
Best wishes for continued recovery....
 
It sounds like you are off to a fantastic start on your recovery. You will probably feel pretty tired for a few days so don't fight the urge to nap in your chair or wherever you are resting during the day. Your body needs lots and lots of rest during these early days to recover.d. It has been through a lot. And while you are resting, don't forget to ice and elevate - very important! Sending happy, healing thoughts your way :flwrysmile:
 
Back
Top Bottom