TKR Well, this is un-fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Tim (referee54) that your knee will protest sometimes after you've gone back to work. Maybe the sleepless, painful nights have as much to do with your knee reminding you that working is an extra stress as they have to do with the weather?
 
I kept thinking because my commute in ten minutes, I get dropped off at the door, and I sit at a computer, it wouldn't be an issue. But I'm guessing it's just sitting upright with my feet on the floor that's the problem, I can't wait to get home, pull on my sweats, prop up and ice!
 
I kept thinking because my commute in ten minutes, I get dropped off at the door, and I sit at a computer, it wouldn't be an issue. But I'm guessing it's just sitting upright with my feet on the floor that's the problem, I can't wait to get home, pull on my sweats, prop up and ice!
One of the aspects of going back to work is simply that---the logistics of getting to and from work and that the gravity that pulls on the legs and allows swelling. Plus, even though we try not to do it, we most likely will get up and be more active at work----making the knee a little more aggravated. It all adds up.

When I returned to the classroom (at eight weeks, too early!) I tried to change my ways that I taught, but to no avail. I did one thing though on weekends---after church on Sunday, I would do absolutely nothing but rest, ice, and elevate my knees. That did help somewhat.
 
I already had to take a day myself. At PT the therapist took me off of the exercises that might irritate the injury when my quad gave out and I twisted my knee. He said stop PT till it heals. Amazing, a good one.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Slept eight hours last night, got up to ice and take some advil, then went back to bed a crashed for another two hours! This leg has me sleeping more than I ever have in my adult life.
 
Sleep is an amazing thing. I slept for 9 hours straight last night and my body feels good. My knee is puffy from walking the dog but it up and elevated. I'm thinking a warm shower and some exercises are up after breakfast.


Brenda
 
Heading to the grocery store, part of me wants to skip the embarrassing electric cart but I think common sense will win out.
 
use it, think of it as fun not embaressment--- sometimes, I look at them longingly thinking of my hours of zipping up and down the asiles!!!
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Pax
Use the cart, just put your cane in the basket. I stopped this week and just walked for the exercise this week.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Tried working my first full day today, the back of my knee is now VERY swollen, might have to reconsider this since I have that luxury.
 
I would---why make the recovery longer?? Allow yourself to relax a few more weeks and you will return to work ready to work---instead of thinking about your knee.
 
I would---why make the recovery longer?? Allow yourself to relax a few more weeks and you will return to work ready to work---instead of thinking about your knee.
I'm just having this conversation via email with my SO, she is firmly in the camp of "stay home and heal". We move to FL in two weeks and there will be lots of activity associated with that, she would very much like me to take care of myself now while I have the time and opportunity.
 
If you can manage to stay home, then do it! I wish I could be home but my circumstances don't allow it.


Brenda
 
Staying home tomorrow and then going back to my four hour days until we leave. I seem to do okay with that many hours, too much more and it swells and gets really tight.
 
When I returned to teaching, I went back to half days. I know I was very fortunate that my administration allowed this, I could not have gone back to full days immediately and continue PT thrice weekly.
 
Glad I stayed home today, still more swollen than normal, and I got my package delivered yesterday with silicon scar strips and a neoprene sleeve. I'm wearing the scar strip now, hope it tamps down the hypertrophic painful scar a bit.
 
I returned to the classroom full time right away, but I returned to early, too, and paid the price for both misstates. I would ice and elevate during the day, and I would reduce all of my walking to a minimum, but I still was exhausted and stiff/sore at the end of the day.

I should have stretched out my recovery as long as the twelve weeks, but I returned at eight weeks, which was much too early.
 
Glad your not afraid to stay home when you need to. I feel the same way.

My scar has been pretty pain free, except after my PT session in Monday. A section near the knee cap that was numb decided to wake up. So that section of the scar is a little sensitive.

Keep doing the right thing and ease back into it. This is my second full day. I minimize to much walking and standing.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've only got a week and a half left at my job, they are thrilled I gave them so much notice so are pretty much leaving me alone, I have very little to do. I'll do four hours a day until I'm done, then probably won't job hunt until mid-late July. By then I should be much better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom