TKR Well, this is un-fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was it for me, PT twice a week and all I did was swell in the meantime. OS cleared for any activity except high impact and wants me in the water to start swimming again.

Swimming is great! I moved to swimming since I've elected not to run on the knees. You'll enjoy your time in the water! Best of luck!!
 
Well I only gained 2 more, went from 111 to 113



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Swimming is great! I moved to swimming since I've elected not to run on the knees. You'll enjoy your time in the water! Best of luck!!
I swam competitively for years and have coached a lot of former runners, it will be awesome to be back in the water!


Well I only gained 2 more, went from 111 to 113



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Hey, it's progress! :thumb:
 
you are 6 days after me and have a better ROM WTG. I agree the swell restricts the ROM. I have 2 swollen points on the right side where the knee bends and I know once I get that down my ROM will increase.
 
Hope the swelling goes down soon, Tracy. I still get a swelling above and over about three inches from my scar and the inside of my knee above the middle... I'm starting to realize when that happens it's time to stop, rest, ice and elevate.
 
it is slowly getting there as I am sure yours it also. Have a great painfree day
 
You too, Tracey.

Worked yesterday and am discovering if I ice midway through the pain drops off to almost zero, much better than the toughing it out I attempted last week.
 
I agree---when I returned to work, I iced several times, during my planning period and my lunch period---I was able to elevate my knees somewhat, too. It does help you get through the day.
 
I to plan to take my cryo to work and ice. I don't use the ice cubes any more, instead I freeze bottles of water and drop two in every 6 hours, much easier to manage, and I can simply keep 6 in the freezer and cycle them.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wish I'd gotten a cryo machine, my doc never mentioned it so I use those blue gel ice packs.
 
Wish I'd gotten a cryo machine, my doc never mentioned it so I use those blue gel ice packs.
Whatever works---or as the saying goes, "Whatever floats your boat."
The cryo machines are great, but people have used bags of frozen peas and achieved the same results.

I did like---and still do like---the large re-useable ice packs as they can help with strains, etc.

There were several posts a while back that stated that some folks were told that they were getting away from ice machines....

"Flavor of the month", I guess. Use whatever works, as the it is the cold that is important,. Technology will not speed up the recovery.
 
Yeah, my doc sent me home with a CPM, those seem to be on the wane as well though, he opinion was "might help, won't hurt, so we'll go with it".
 
@Josephine So, new pain today, whenever I try to bend my knee while walking I'm getting a super painful pinching sensation medially just above the midline and right next to the kneecap, OUCH! Any idea what it might be???

Also, they told me to wiggle my kneecap around to help it stay loose, it's very smooth and moves easily... but every time I wiggle it around it hurts for the next 24+ hours, very annoying!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
i was told that sharp pain was my nerves regenerating
 
I've had a lot of nerve pain already, this felt decidedly soft tissue, and weird!
 
Feeling better today, less raw.

Heading to the meeting with HR to go over my resignation paperwork!!! Only three more work weeks then we move! :happydance::happydance::happydance:
 
Home today, I walked more yesterday than I have since before the surgery, not too much pain but wow I'm tired!

Habitat for Humaity is coming this afternoon to pick up a huge donation, might have to sneak in a nap beforehand.
 
Feeling better today, less raw.

Heading to the meeting with HR to go over my resignation paperwork!!! Only three more work weeks then we move! :happydance::happydance::happydance:


April 30 for my retirement...yippee

Vinny
 
That's wonderful, Vinny! What big plans do you have?
 
We want to go back to South Africa but all on hold due to caring for a parent and a 19 year old we took in for awhile due to family issues....life..........

Vinny
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom