TKR Well, this is un-fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome! :-)

And...I'm not a trained professional or anything, but I'd guess you'd get pretty much the same benefit whether you use a "real" bike or a stationary bike: how would your knee know the difference? :-)
 
Since my doc and PT have both repeatedly said "don't fall!!!" I wasn't sure when I'd even be allowed to ride my bike. I'm over the age of six so I don't typically fall off my bike, but my doc has me scared of everything!
 
Pax when they say don't fall they really mean don't break the bone near the implant.....about 3 weeks after my bilat I feel off my motorbike when a truck went through a stop sign..on the way down I could hear my OS say don't fall...I let the bike roll on top of me and two guys lifted it off and helped me up...drove straight to the OS and he jiggled my legs around and said good to go.....as long as you have the strength in your legs to support you I doubt you would have a problem....I always just asked my OS for permission...happy trails.

Vinny
 
Wow, Vinny, that is so scary! Good to know it can handle a get off though. I sold my motorcycle last summer since I couldn't hold it up with my bad leg, might have to look into getting another once I'm healed up.
 
My legs were so bad pre op that I could not sit on the bike and push it back now I can not push it back now no problems...bike weighs 358 pounds .....I am sure you can handle it..

Vinny
 
Sounds great! I've been riding since 1972, feels really odd not to have a bike.
 
I still have a house in Daytona Beach we rent out and a vacation home in Ormandy Beach. I should just move back, but I can't beat the great pay here, so I do Kansas Beaches


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I like her idea, but I have to go back to work eventually


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I recommend you read the potted version of my recovery to see how little exercising I did! Knee recovery - UK style. Also my current thread for my second replacement Josephine's knee story and amazing progress where I did even less!
Wow, Josephine, sure wish I'd skipped PT. I was doing great, had a ROM of 110, then I started PT, it's been swelling and pain and ROM back down to 80, then by being fierce with the PT and making him back off I'm back up to 95. Taking the next several PT appointments off and I already feel better, less swelling and more ease of movement.
 
I still have a house in Daytona Beach we rent out and a vacation home in Ormandy Beach. I should just move back, but I can't beat the great pay here, so I do Kansas Beaches


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
If my wife wasn't telecommuting and bringing her comfortable IL salary along, we sure wouldn't be moving this soon! I'll have to job hunt this summer, but I think I'll do alright, I've got a degree and loads of experience so fingers crossed.
 
Had a rough day today, just so achy! Took it easy and am hoping for good sleep and a better day tomorrow.
 
Much better today, thanks!

Went to the grocery store and rode the little cart around, now I'm icing and elevating, next is lunch with good friends. Since we're moving away in four weeks we've become VERY popular. :yes!:
 
Off to see the OS for the first and last time since my surgery, I REALLY hope he doesn't jack my leg all over the place and make it hurt. *fingerscrossed*
 
Good luck! he will most likely ask you to bend it on your own to see your ROM and then he may try to bend it and straighten it himself...My OS wasn't too bad when I went for my first...you and I are 1 day apart on our TRKR :) Ive been to the OS 3 times already and go this week as well! How are you feeling?
 
I'm feeling better, no PR visits for a week and the swelling is finally almost gone. I can do exercises at home without tons of pain so that's really nice!
 
I will be so happy when I hit the little or no swelling point. I think it is hurting my ROM more than anything.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Woot! Just got home, my OS says no more PT and in the seven days since I stopped going to
PT my ROM has gone from 95 to 105, yay me! :happydance:
 
I will be so happy when I hit the little or no swelling point. I think it is hurting my ROM more than anything.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I think that was it for me, PT twice a week and all I did was swell in the meantime. OS cleared for any activity except high impact and wants me in the water to start swimming again.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom