TKR Well, this is un-fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep doing the right thing and ease back into it.
That is what Bonesmart's Mantra is---a phased-in return to work. I ignored it---I was anxious to get back to my students---but, in retrospect, I should have taken more time and more half-days to give my knees the "heads-up!"
 
Went shopping today to three different stores, didn't use a cart but I did take my cane. Had a really nice time, I was good for about three hours but then needed to head home and ice/rest.

We're heading out to meet my brother and sister in law for Mexican food and margaritas in a little bit, that ought to fix me right up! :beer:
 
My work has been great. They let me have ice an elevation breaks as I desire. They also have gone out of there way to make sure I'm okay.
Time for some serious Florida sunshine. The get hurricane once or so a year, so be ready to pull out if you are in a direct hit area.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Stayed home again today, raging thunderstorms = tons of pain. I've spent most of the day under my electric blanket... that and tramadol seem to be doing the trick.
 
Sometimes you just have to take the day, Pax!
I'm going to be late for work again. But no one is giving me a hard time about it, thank goodness. I didn't have the option of working a part-time schedule, but at least the managers appear to recognize that knee surgery requires extra time and care. Can't really come in earlier because the sleep is so bad - I've been awake since 4:30 am more or less but in no shape to rush around for work. I'm exhausted!
 
Hope you get some sleep asap SZ, no sleep makes everything seem worse.
 
Hope you get some sleep asap SZ, no sleep makes everything seem worse.
Maybe she needs some spa time, even a jacuzzi would help. Think about investing in it to see if it might help.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Went shopping today to three different stores, didn't use a cart but I did take my cane.
That is very, very wise---not only does the cane afford you some stability, but other people see it and hopefully stear clear of you so they do not bump you.

I've been awake since 4:30 am more or less but in no shape to rush around for work. I'm exhausted!
Our stamina, unfortunately, returns later than our work schedule does!
Hope you get some sleep asap SZ, no sleep makes everything seem worse.
Next to the length of my recovery, the sleep issues were the second most frustrating aspect of my recovery!
 
It's the worst! I napped for a little while on the bus but still tired. I just made a cup of tea in the hopes it will help me stay awake. Already had a cup of coffee this morning. Argh.
 
Glad you are able to be more active, it does take time to get our endurance back. Our bodies are expending a lot of energy just healing.
 
Glad you are able to be more active, it does take time to get our endurance back. Our bodies are expending a lot of energy just healing.
Remember the A Team? It was a show on TV in the 80's, I think.

One of the characters on it had a saying: "I love it when a plan comes together."

Well, when it comes to a TKR recovery, the plan does not all come together at once The ROM, the lack of swelling, a good night's sleep, and the stamina, etc---all show up when they want to, and unfortunately, not at the same time.
 
Maybe she needs some spa time, even a jacuzzi would help. Think about investing in it to see if it might help

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
I live in an apartment, WB. I'd have to invest in buying a house that would have a bathroom large enough for a Jacuzzi! :rotfl:
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Pax
No no, go to one, maybe they can help you relax and possibly improve your sleep.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last day at my job today, I'm out the door at 11:30... already turned in my keys and ID, next week the movers come and we're off to Florida! :happydance:
 
Thanks! Sure wish this was permanent retirement but spending a career working with the disadvantaged doesn't lend itself to a comfy $$ retirement, hopefully I'll find something fun to do for a change!!
 
Thanks! Sure wish this was permanent retirement but spending a career working with the disadvantaged doesn't lend itself to a comfy $$ retirement, hopefully I'll find something fun to do for a change!!

Fantastic, Pax! Wishing you nothing but the best!
 
The fun of living in Florida will be worth it.
And walking on a sandy beach is a good work out

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I. Am. DONE!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes, we are very excited about moving on to this phase of our lives. Being where it's warm and sunny, living near the beach... that's been a dream for a long long time. So happy we're getting to give it a go while we're still young and healthy enough to enjoy it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom