Guest viewing is limited

TKR Well, this is un-fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it warm where you are now we used to have home in Naples fl with pool I miss it do much


20/01/2015
 
Is it warm where you are now we used to have home in Naples fl with pool I miss it do much


20/01/2015
It's been high 80's since we got here, from what my neighbor tells me we can be in the pool until November or even December if we're hearty.
 
Okay, think I overdid it a bit. Found that I was feeling better so in two days I went to Home Depot, the insurance agent, the library, car wash, and did water aerobics... all on my own two feet with no cart or cane. Today I'm just exhausted so I guess it will be a prop/ice/rest day.
 
Chill out round that pool plenty of time to get straight


20/01/2015
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Pax
At least you have some new reading material!

That was a lot of trips. I am having to tie myself down to keep from doing too much. It's hard but so much better than before.
 
@KYata That's where I'm at, since we just moved cross country there's a million and one things I should be doing, thankfully my honey just reins me in a gets me and ice bag most times. :)
 
Hi @Pax - just dropping in to give you the following information:) - This is a snapshot of where you are in the medically acknowledged healing phases.

The following is a link to an article which provides the science regarding the healing process beneath and around the implant and the approximate timeframes for our bodies healing phases and processes.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

Nutrition plays a huge part in surgical recovery, in fact it is one of the 'forgotten topics' of recovery..

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

This third link refers to my ongoing research..

nutritional-snippets-did-you-know

Feel free to tag me if you have any questions regarding nutrition.

However, I would appreciate if you (or any other member) do not request advice regards supplements as I would be breaking the Common Law Act (under which I am governed) to prescribe outside of my practice, especially via the Internet.
 
How is it there? Hope it's what you hoped for.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
It is absolutely wonderful! Thanks for asking. We keep wanting to pinch ourselves to be sure it's real, we waited so long to get to where we want to be and we're finally HERE!!! :happydance:
 
@Poppet I really appreciate you sharing your insights, thank you. My wife is a huge fitness and nutrition advocate so that has been really helpful in my healing process, but there are several items on your food list we're not currently getting so I've added them to our farmers market list for later this morning.
 
Holy COW, never knew coming off tramadol would be like this! Sweats, shakes, nausea, rebound pain, crying... very un-fun. I'm super sensitive to meds but never thought four months of 150 to 200mg could do this; all most through it though, sure hope I never have to take it again!!
 
@Pax did you slowly wean yourself off, or go cold turkey? I'm still taking 3 Lortab a day (+ Tylenol).
 
PAX...Super important to ween yourself off..I went thru thst **** with the Oxy..I had a little bit sith the Vicodin but learned my lesson from the Oxy..take your time and slowly, I repeat SLOWLY ween down! Hope you are feeling better!
 
@Pax did you slowly wean yourself off, or go cold turkey? I'm still taking 3 Lortab a day (+ Tylenol).

PAX...Super important to ween yourself off..I went thru thst mess with the Oxy..I had a little bit sith the Vicodin but learned my lesson from the Oxy..take your time and slowly, I repeat SLOWLY ween down! Hope you are feeling better!

I went from four rounds of meds a day to one and the withdrawal started like crazy, I thought I was losing my mind, got so sick. Frantic internet search and figured out it was withdrawal from the tramadol; good lord what misery.

I'm pretty well done now, no tramadol at all for two days and I'm done with the major symptoms. Weirdest thing... I'm not in much pain at all, like not even advil pain. Makes me wonder if the rebound pain was keeping me on the tramadol for so long, it can't be that it just magically quit hurting after a couple of days, even after doing waer aerobics yesterday?? :what:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom