Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Charlie

Did you go out driving today?
 
Hi Sandy,

Yep I drove to the Gym!! I feel like I'm almost back to normal .... well not normal normal but more normal anyway?!

The gym was "fun" ... I did treadmill, bike and static leg stuff plus some upper body which I haven't done since my op and ...... wow can I feel my shoulders and pecs this morning:DOH:

I then got back and walked Jasper in a howling gale and finally had to go shopping (driving again) which I did without any sticks!!

Not surprisingly after that I hit the hay for an hour ....

I AM NOT OVERDOING IT .... OIC's favourite expression???

Sorry to hear about your bush fires again ...you're not in the affected areas tho' .... are you?

Night night Sandy sleep tight.....


Charlie xx
 
Glad to know that you are doing so well, Charlie! We are all grateful for the little walnut tip -- I shared that with my daughter who is recovering from 6 weeks in an ankle cast and is gimpy-walking like me.

Nice that you are back to the gym and most other "normal" activities.
Take care,
Cardie
 
Super duper, Charlie! Keep up the good work!


As for that gale, it's not letting up, is it? And it's c-o-l-d!
 
Way to go Charlie!

Sounds like you are healing well and moving into your new normal quite nicely!

[Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
 
Hi all,

Strange thing happened this week.

As those who live in the UK know we've been having strong to gale force winds all week. It's certainly fun walking Jasper in the wind as he has long floppy ears which blow all over the place.... he can also scent things miles away caught on the wind! But that's not the strange thing.

During the stronger gusts I heard what appeared to be some sort of wind pipe music ... like Pipes of Pan or an Aeolian Harp! Only for a few seconds at the height of the gusts.

I thought it must be a freak noise caused by the tree branches or something.

Well it happened twice more this week and it began to really puzzle me as to where this beautiful wind music was coming from... it didn't have a direction and could have been either near or far!!??!

I was told by my Physio to walk on rough ground with a single crutch which I do .... any ideas yet??

The beautiful music is coming from the adjustment holes in my crutch!! They act like mini flutes.

I can't wait for another blustery day ... and who knows with some practice I may be able to get a tune out of it.:th_heehee:

Charlie
 
"The beautiful music is coming from the adjustment holes in my crutch!! They act like mini flutes"

That is so cool, Charlie!!! I love the sound of wind chimes and Aeolian harps .... what a lovely accompaniment to your walks on windy days!!
 
Hi Charlie Chuckles :)

You have so much fun in your life... I love it :) and you of course xx
 
Now there really must be some type of spiritual message in that, don't ya think???? How cool!!!
 
The music of Tubular Bells comes to mind.... Oh boy! that dates me, 1973 Mike Oldfield released it (I think!)

Charlie, you can add another room. - recording studio :):):)

Lots of love xx
 
WOW,

Tubular bells! I remember that too, Sandy!

Now we have a theme song for you & Jasper, Charlie :)
 
"Grand piano; reed and pipe organ; glockenspiel; bass guitar; double speed guitar; two slightly distorted guitars; mandolin! Spanish guitar, and introducing acoustic guitar, plus... tubular bells"

I looked up the lyrics which were said by (I think) Viv Stanshall then (1973) lead singer of "The Bonzo Dog Doo-dah Band"

Nowhere does it say "Charlie's Crutch" although Mike Oldfield does admit to synthesizing a lot so .......

My stepson and his friends think Tubular Bells is pretty cool by the way so it's not just golden oldies who appreciate the good stuff!

Charlie
 
I've heard that music before Charlie, walking dogs in a very windy spot on crutches since August, but I've never tried to play them!

So rough ground is good??

This is where I've been with the dog today.
[Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
 
Hi Joanna,

Maybe we should form a band?! :th_heehee:

I think rough ground is probably good to use/train the balance (abductor) muscles, but I certainly couldn't go "stickless" on rough yet.
We probably need a bit of both rough and smooth.

It looks nice and flat where you are (and rough too) ....Lincolnshire maybe??

Charlie
 
yes good old lincolnshire, it's certainly flat, not much else you can say about it! Not the most inspiring landscape!
[Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
 
Amazing!!

I love Lincolnshire such BIG skies!!

It was just a big guess but obviously inspired ...

What are your pooches Springers?? ~They're so happy!!

Charlie
 
Oh! Now I am sad......

All the talk of dog, I used to have them in my life, but haven't been able to for the past 18 years....

Keep getting promised by the significant other that I can have a dog when we retire!!!

But, I am getting like Chef... Frustrated and want a puppy now!!!

Can't decide what breed though... Have had lots of different breeds, but favorite is Labs..... :doggieshmooze:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom