THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely inspired guess based on that image Charlie!

The dogs are Large Munsterlanders, often mistaken for Springers and everything else for that matter but they're quite a bit bigger. We have 6 at the moment.

I love talk of dogs, definitely think you should get that puppy Sandy!
 
charlie

Here are the lyrics to Intro by the Bonzo Dog Do dah Band


"Hi there, nice to be with you, glad you could stick around.
Like to introduce `Legs' Larry Smith, drums
And Sam Spoons, rhythm pole
And Vernon Dudley Bohay-Nowell, bass guitar
And Neil Innes, piano.
Come in Rodney Slater on the saxophone
With Roger Ruskin Spear on tenor sax.
I, Vivian Stanshall, trumpet.
Big hello to Big John Wayne, xylophone
And Robert Morley, guitar.
Billy Butlin, spoons.
And looking very relaxed, Adolf Hitler on vibes. Nice!
Princess Anne on sousaphone. Mmm.
Introducing Liberace, clarinet
With Garner "Ted" Armstrong on vocals.
Lord Snooty and his pals, tap dancing.
In the groove with Harold Wilson, violin
And Franklin McCormack on harmonica.
Over there, Eric Clapton, ukulele. Hi Eric!
On my left Sir Kenneth Clark, bass sax.
A great honour, sir.
And specially flown in for us, a session's gorilla on vox humana.
Nice to see Incredible Shrinking Man on euphonium.
Drop out with Peter Scott on duck call.
Hearing from you later, Casanova on horn.
Yeah! Digging General de Gaulle on accordion.
Rather wild, General! Thank you, sir.
Roy Rogers on Trigger.
Tune in Wild Man of Borneo on bongos.
Count Basie Orchestra on triangle. Thank you.
Great to hear the Rawlinsons on trombone.
Back from his recent operation, Dan Druff, harp.
And representing the flower people, Quasimodo on bells.
Wonderful to hear Brainiac on banjo.
We welcome Val Doonican as himself.
Very appealing, Max Jaffa.
Mmm, that's nice, Max!
What a team, Zebra Kid and Horace Batchelor on percussion.
A great favourite and a wonderful performer of all of us here, J. Arthur Rank, on gong."


No mention of Charlie on the crutches!!

but some classics like "Casanova on horn" and "Quasimodo on bells"!!

Takes me back to my school days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DUEAG5eO6c
 
Dave,

That is awesome, can't wipe the smile of my face listening to it. - thanks heaps buddy :)
 
Brilliant Dave!!

I'm sure a lot of the jokes will be slightly mystifying to those non-Brits not of a certain era:scratch:

I'd totally forgotten that "song" even tho' it was a great and often quoted favourite, I especially likes Roy Rogers on Trigger and Count Basie's orchestra on triangle .... off the wall for it's day!

Sorry Joanna for not getting the easier of the two guesses right! I've just looked them up and they look really fantastic dogs ...Up for anything and great gun dogs.

Why six? are you a breeder? Or do just just love them so much?

Sandy don't delay, there are always reasons not to do what you really want to in life .... but my little mate Jasper has seen me through thick and thin and I can't imagine a better and more constant companion!

Charlie
 
I agree with Charlie's recommendation, Sandy! Only I'd suggest that you get two dogs... We have a lab and about a year ago got a "bonus" dog (shepard blend) and that has made a huge difference for our lab in terms of having a playmate -- they have great fun together. I have gotten the biggest kick out of sitting in the yard watching the lab taunt and entice the shep into chasing her and frolicking around, best therapy yet for this hip business!!

I will say that I stayed on the cane for a long time when I was in the yard with these two beasts as I was leery of getting plowed over during their run arounds!

Happy trails Charlie & Jasper!
Cardie
 
Hi Charlie. No, we've never had a litter. Stud dog yes and we've had 2 of his daughters and 2 of his grandchildren, we've still got him he's just over 14. Just ended up with that many I suppose, 2 had had several previous owners before they were a year old and it hadn't worked out (couldn't cope with the activity level) and we knew the breeder so took them on. We did have seven until just over a year ago!

As soon as I got back from hospital, I'd shut myself and Gus in the kitchen on his own for 10 minutes and do a bit of clicker training. Sad to say it was the best part of my day! So would definitely recommend a pup (for anyone who has the time/commitment etc)

Jo
 
Hi Jo,

I think you're absolutely right about having more than one dog at a time I just wish that we'd have done ages ago but as usual .... the time never seemed to be right (yes I know what I said Sandy!!).

You must have a huge food (and vets) bill with six hungry mouths to feed!!

Charlie
 
Charlie and Joanna and Cardie

Bertha (top left) was my greatest help in recovery

She used to take me for walks every day at the same time for the 6 weeks I was off work!!

She should be a member here as she had both knees done about 2 months before I had each of my new hips

she would have posted on Bonesmart but could not operate the keybourd with her paws!!!!

All the best

Dave
 
Well, it is never too late to add a member to the pack. We were happy with one dog and didn't plan on another. Our bonus dog came because his family was separating and we offered to baby sit until other arrangements could be made so he didn't have to go to a kennel. He was such a lovely addition that we asked to keep him after 2 months. He was 2 years old when we got him and our dog was 3 -- I don't think I'd like to return to the puppy days -- that was a once in a lifetime experience for our family!

Take care & dog power! :doggieshmooze:
Cardie
 
Oh gee guys, Now you've made us all sad. Oh gee Sandy, I think I have probably sent you looking for a pup! Oh man Charlie & Johanna, what have you done to us? Of course we all love puppies! Uugh! I Can't take one!

Well, we've all said for sure we ALL love a pup or a kitty, but...:doggieshmooze::cat-kittyandsmiley:
HELP!
 
Hi Hipsters,

Have you seen Uggie?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16467852

Jack Russell breeders will be inundated!!

Haven't used my "sticks" for two days!! :yay:

I know I'll probably regret saying that but .........

I find that if I take my time and really stretch my hamstrings, quads and a good side stretch (arm over head and go for it) every so often during the walk it helps immensely.

Please don't worry Jo I'll try very hard NOT to overdo it!!

All the best

Charlie
 
Hi Charlie,

Congratulations for walking without the sticks!!

Love Uggie!! Plus Jo your doggies are beautiful wow 6 that's whole lot of fun. Our dogs are great companions.....Dave I feel the same way with my dog he has helped me with my walking routines immensely.

Your next Sandy!!

xxooxx
 
Hey Charlie!

Uggie is the cutest thing!! I'm so impressed you're walking without the sticks. Great progress!

Jo, your dogs are beautiful, i've never heard of the breed but love the looks.

Buffi
 
2 days without sticks, major accomplishment!

Thank you Sarah & Buffi. Your pups are adorable. And Dave, I think Bertha should be a member or maybe official mascot!
 
Charlie,
So happy to hear you have lost the sticks. Congratulations! And I am so very sure that you are using excellent common sense and not overdoing it. :th_heehee: Enjoy the walking.
 
Hey Charlie

How good is it to go 'stick less'... I don't know about whizzing around in my new office chair, I am just enjoying getting up and walking, thinking - look no sticks.... Sort of reminds me when one first rides a bicycle and rides hands free... How special is that!

Lots of love Charlie xx
 
Calling Charlie???

Are you out there have too much fun or up to mischief? :):):)

Now I get the story about Uggie... We just watched the Graham Norton show and voila Uggie came on with the trainer... Love Uggie, and what fantastic relationship with his trainer.....

Me sad!
Want puppy!
But not practical yet!
One day though :)

xx
 
Morning Everyone.....

I'm jumping into Charlie's thread to tell Sandy.....ohhhh get a puppy! I know, I know it's a huge responsibility, lots of work, big commitment, yayayayaya

It is practical Ms Sandy (smiling) never thought i would take on a puppy (4 months) with my job, travel etc I always had a reason why not to get one. The moment he got into my car to come home with me last year (march) our worlds changed. My girlfriend said something to me the day I got him she made me promise to always remember I was and always will be his entire universe and never to forget this. Wow that sums up puppy ownership!

Hurry up Ms Sandy!

hi Charlie hope you are well :)

xxooxx
 
Hoping Charlie is well and not out causing trouble at the grocery store...

Sandy, how about a dog that is older than a puppy.... :doggieshmooze:

Dave, your Bertha is a bone-smartie!! Amazing about her knees, she should be our mascot -- sounds like she is yours.

Lastly, Go Miles Go, Center of Sarah's Universe.

Have a nice weekend,
Cardie
 
Calling Charlie???

Just checking up on you?

I want to know your latest adventures...

Lots of love CC xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • sistersinhim
    Staff member since March 20, 2017
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom