Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Many apologies for the silence but it was not from choice .......

I'm sorry to report that I've been in Hospital for a week.

I unfortunately slipped over and unerringly fell on the exact spot which would ensure that I would fracture my left femur (yes the one with the prosthesis). They had to remove the "old" prosthesis and fit a new longer one and wire up the break.

Needless to say I was not best pleased but have accepted that life chucks rubbish at you from time to time and you just have to get on with it.

I'll try to catch up with everyone as soon as possible.

Love

Charlie
 
No! Wow.... I'd really like to swear. But probably shouldn't on here. That's really though. (Jo: definitely not!)

Good attitude though. I suppose it's got to go well from now on. I think you've pretty much had your bad luck!
 
Dear Charlie,

Wow i have the same thought Jo did and yes could throw a bad word there!

Im so sorry you are having to deal with this. Sending you lots of love and quick healing!

xxooxx
 
Hi Charlie

You have used up your bad luck now Charlie, so rest and recover my good friend.

Post when you feel up to it CC, sending you lots of love and big, big hugs xx
 
Charlie,

So sorry to hear that...

It's a setback of a few months but you can restart the healing from here. Right? No choice...

Say your favorite bad words...think about what you'll do once the healing is wrapped up...and stay on top of your pain meds.

I'm rooting for an awesome recovery for you!

Z
 
Charlie

That is really tough.

I guess you feel annoyed and dissappointed that all the great progress over the past months now starts all over again

Sometimes we don't know what life is going to throw at us but you will undoubtedly get there even with this setback.

Best wishes for a superfast recovery
 
Hi Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your set back. Stay positive and strong and you will be back to where you were in no time.

cheers
Hoops
 
:hate-shocked:! Oh my! Well Charlie, what can I say? I just let a few verbal "bombs" fly for the rest of us! You go back to the drawing board.

So sorry to hear of your misfortune, but you will get through it and we will be here to help. Rest up and hang in ther Charlie. (((((HUGS)))))...
 
Oh, Charlie! I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope that you are resting comfortably and healing nicely.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Like everyone else I'm saddened to hear about your setback - wishing you all the best :doggieshmooze:
 
Hi All,

Thanks for all your messages it's great to know that you're there for me.

Just to say that unlike those stiff upper lipped taciturn British heroes who don't give vent to their feelings I certainly did!!! My lip was not very stiff and the neighbours certainly learnt a few new words and phrases:hissyfit:

However I refuse to adopt a "victim" mentality, to move on I believe you have to accept things as they are and face them ... it happened, I can't change that so just get on with it!

I'm starting to realise what you bi-Laterals have been through! Having been through recovery recently I feel I should be better at it the second time around .... hopefully.

I'll try to catch up with your progress over the next few days ... I really have little else to do .... apart from exercises and elevating and icing that is Jo :th_heehee:

Love

Charlie
 
Good morning from your Aussie friends Charlie

Hope you had a good day and will have a good sleep.

I guess the question on all our minds is how did it happen, post when you are up to it. You have such a positive attitude and I JUST KNOW you will come through this with the same approach.

p.s. Thanks for the email, lots of love Charlie xx
 
OMG, Charlie how perfectly dreadful! I've only just caught up with your news. And, boy, do I admire your spirit! You'll come through this OK, and a year from now it will just be a distant nemory. Keep your p....r up! (don't want to offend anyone by using a very British but innocent expression!)
 
I'm sorry to report that I've been in Hospital for a week.

I unfortunately slipped over and unerringly fell on the exact spot which would ensure that I would fracture my left femur (yes the one with the prosthesis). They had to remove the "old" prosthesis and fit a new longer one and wire up the break.

Oh, Charlie, that's such bad luck. You were doing so well. However, they have rebuilt you (again!) so we restart the recovery clock. Three months from now you'll be good as new.
 
Hi Roger,

I was just catching up with your thread a few moments ago!!

Thanks for the kind words and yes I hope by Easter (whenever that is?) I'll be as you say "like new".

Your second as I remember is on the 1st Feb so best wishes for that!

I do think that you'll find it easier in a lot of respects from the 1st one. I know I am much more mobile and confident than when I had my 1st go. The pain if anything is maybe slightly worse but I was expecting that so I just use all the stuff I've learnt from this site and so far I'm coping well.

All the best

Charlie

ps Thanks Sandy and Jane for your words .... cyber hugs and kisses xxxxx
 
Ah there's my Charlie! And I am sure the neighbors have heard them all before :th_heehee:! Amazing how when you are trying to be so careful, as I was, that you can fall. I can't wait to hear what happened either Sandy!

I know that the saying goes "everything happens for a reason". Sometimes I wonder about that one :scratch:...

You take care Charlie. You are in my thoughts and prayers :prayer1:

:arghh: Not fair!
 
Hi all,

There's not really much to tell about my accident. Just one of silly little things really.
I'd been getting on really well that week not using my sticks for three days and on the actual day had been shopping and out for lunch.
I felt a little tired that evening but cooked dinner and felt relaxed. I probably had done enough for one day but you know me ...onwards and upwards!

I thought "what's the worst that can happen if I do a little skate-boarding before bed time??":loll:

Sorry back to reality, I decide to fetch something from our outside 'fridge. I slipped my slippers on and off I went. Outside my front door there is a very small step (2 inches) onto the shingle drive, my left foot caught the edge of it and I must have stepped on the back of my left slipper with my right foot! Next thing I know is feeling a very hard impact exactly on the outside of my femur, I still don't understand why it wasn't my knee!!
I lay in the shingle contemplating my position and realised I was in deep trouble as I couldn't get up without very serious pain, I fortunately had my mobile (cell) in my pocket so rang the house for aid, luckily I had good reception which a lot of the time I don't.

I didn't think for one moment I'd broken anything. I thought the worst that had happened was a dislocation ..... oh how I prayed for that to be the case when I was waiting in the casualty department the next day but I think I knew it was much more serious.

So it was "just one of those things" caused by partially by overdoing things and maybe over confidence but mostly by just plain bad luck.

What's that 70's song by Cream .... "If it wasn't for bad luck... I wouldn't have no luck at all".:scratch:

I don't believe that for one second, I constantly count my blessings and remain super positive:thumb:

Charlie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom