Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Charlie

Your physio sounds like she studied with my other half... I am constantly being asked.......

"why are you waddling when you start off walking unaided;
walk faster; swing your arms; come on you can lift that leg higher; hold... hold.. It up there for another 30 secs".

And of course, at the end, there is always the:-

"drop and give me twenty" ...
someone needs to tell him he is not in the military now.. Not me though, the next order might worse...

Lots of love to you Charlie, do hope you are not overdoing it with all the guests and festivities and entertaining.... I can see you will just have to come out to OZ to recuperate :) :)
 
It all sounds like you are doing amazingly well Charlie. I can't imagine how it must feel having your leg lengthened so much - a totally different gait to say the least. Keep up the great work :thumb:
 
Hi All,

I seemed to have touch a nerve with the gait thing ... which is good as I don't feel like it's only me having the problem!!

I went to the Rowing Club Gym this morning, my wife's a member (don't worry I'm only a Gym member to date) unfortunately there was no heating and I think the temperature was about 5 C (40 F) so not really conducive to exercise, unless you're Skiing or somesuch.

I did as much as I could but "wimped out' after half an hour. I did my new glutes exercises which were quite painful but I think it's "no pain ....no gain" with them. Afterwards I was walking EXACTLY like a Penguin my glutes were so sore!!

Thanks for the image Jo :-)

When my gait isn't quite what it should be my lot shout ....
"WALNUTS"
apparently when Kate's rowing, her coach instructs them to imagine trying to crack a walnut between their buttocks, it focusses the leg "drive" stage.

So girls and boys think walnuts and enjoy the pain:th_heehee:

Love

Charlie xxx
 
:hysterical: "So girls and boys think walnuts and enjoy the pain" - I'll remember that one Charlie. It's great to hear of you fine progress and I enjoy your posts a lot. :thumb:
 
Walnuts, eh? That's awesome Charlie. I've got to remember that one. You're doing so very well these days and I'm so impressed. Keep up the great work!

You asked how many pups I have, 5 in total now. 2 rescued Rottweilers (large black speed bumps in the carpet), 1 rescued bird dog of some nature and 2 Shih Tzu's. The 2 Tzu's were mine originally, the two Rottie's were my boyfriends and then the bird dog is one we rescued not too long ago together. They have all been incredibly respectful of the walker and me getting around the house which has been wonderful. I was fairly concerned pre surgery.

Have a wonderful New Year!!
Buffi
 
Walnuts. :hysterical: I think you've given all of us hippies a new iconic image, or at least something to make us giggle when we're struggling with all those butt excersices. Thanks. And glad to hear you are doing so well.

Happy New Year!
 
Oh no Charlie, the thought of squeezing walnuts in the butt, puts a whole new dimension to constipation :)

Luv u Charlie xx
 
Thank you to all you lovelies:blush:

I think I might have overdone the "walnut shelling" yesterday .... although my wife did request her favourite cake for New Year which is Coffee and Walnut cake by Nigel Slater (Brit Chef).

Anyway I'm icing and ibroprofen-ing today.... HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL MYSELF :DOH::DOH::DOH:

So .... I'll make a New Years resolution right now which I'm sure to keep all year :hysterical:

I WILL NOT OVERDO THINGS!!!

Any takers for membership of the "OIC" ?? .... Optimistic Idiots Club

Have a great New Year .... Lang May Yer Lum Reek!!:scratch:

All my love

Charlie xxx
 
Walnuts! :th_heehee:

Oh, put me down for membership of OIC

Have a good 2012.

Dave
 
Definitely a member of the OIC for me, thanks CC xx
 
Heehee - I'm definitely a member of OIC, Charlie ;) Went out for a brief walk this morning as it was a rare sunny day in Oregon - walked from house to one corner of my block then back and to the neighbor's driveway on the other side of me - had to concentrate hard on standing straight, heel-toe gait, cracking walnuts, and watching where I stepped as side walk is not without it's hazards - then back up the stairs (7 of them) into the house - and had to sit down and rest. But I started 2012 as I want the year to continue - mobile, getting out of the house, exercising .....
 
Fantastic Deb... Exactly what I did for Jan 1 - went for a drive to a pretty lake and had a walk, then sat by the river with takeaway coffe and raisin toast... Didn't spot you at the NYE party? Lol xx
 
Hi OIC's

As I mentioned to Sandy I've managed to get behind the steering wheel at last!!
It felt a little odd for a start but the operated leg is on the clutch side. (yes all you North americans and I suspect Aussies as well we still have non automatic cars in the UK:biggrin:)

I think I may have scared some cyclists and the odd cat or two but I really enjoyed it and now there's no stopping me ....... errrm except with the brakes of course!!:th_heehee:

So last evening we went to some friends for dinner and I drove I also went stickless ALMOST LIKE A NORMAL PERSON :thumb:... (yes there were some walnuts mentioned occasionally!!)

Have a great New Year all you hippies!!!


Charlie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom