Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those words of encouragement you lovelies!!

Sarah the best thing about supermarkets is that with crutches you can be as rude as you like and people make allowances:yes 4: They're also handy to use like a machete for clearing a path through those annoying fellow shoppers!! (Sorry I've a strange sense of humour sometimes ... although some of it's true!)

I actually went into a large department store yesterday with my wife to buy her Christmas gift (a pair of sexy boots), it was great fun getting on and off the escalators!!

Yes Sandy things are bad in the UK retail-wise, there's "blood" on the High Street, "blood" on the ticket is a retailers expression for a reduction(usually done in RED ink ... hence blood).

Must go now as I've got to do my exercises.....more shopping later ....oh you lucky man I hear you say!!!

Charlie
 
I did exactly the same, Charlie! I saw my physio last Monday regarding my shoulder problems. She had me raise my arms for her and I was so childishly pleased when she delighted in my progress! She must be all of 26! :hysterical:
 
Charlie,
Glad to hear the glowing report! And why would we ever want to outgrow the giddy pleasure of being told "Good job!" You're working very hard, enjoy the encouragement - and if it is from a young lovely, all the more reason to celebrate, no? BTW I had similar fun getting on and off escalators in the subway - suddenly it was as if I were a child again tackling them for the first time. The first one I was so basking in the pride of having smoothly mounted the escalator that I almost allowed it to toss me off at the end - luckily I came out of my reverie in the nick of time.

Happy shopping, walking and PT'ing!
 
Charlie

Ive just been catching up with your thread. Superb progress!

your comment below really caught my eye....

"..........Anyway she got me to demonstrate my "new" one crutch walk across the physio room and she jumped up and down saying " I don't believe the progress you've made!!!"

I was suitably humble (but inside I was as pleased as a schoolboy being praised by his favourite teacher .... how sad is that?).................."

How true. I was exactly the same when told I was walking really well.

Brilliant! you'll soon be running around the supermarkets!
 
I must have been a really evil being in a past life! Our Karma at the moment is awful!

The latest is that our car has had a nervous breakdown. My wife was driving home with two teenagers when steam started billowing from the front, she thought it was on fire but I think that as it was dark it just looked like flame as the steam was lit up by the headlamps. Anyway whatever it was that went wrong it proved terminal.

Anyway she called me .... and the Fire Brigade!!! I got a lift and arrived in a cold dark country lane just after the Firemen. They were all excited and actually looked a little disappointed that it wasn't on fire!! ... the teenagers definitely were!

My wife had a Christmas "do" to go to, so I volunteered to stay with the car whilst she and the boys went and I waited for the tow truck. It took a hour and a half and of course the car heater didn't work.
Boy was I cold and lonely!

When I finally got home I then had to cook the evening meal for everyone.

Needless to say I slept really well .... I'm still waiting to hear how much the car will cost to put right ..... Christmas is coming ...

Charlie ho ho ho
 
Yikes sorry Charlie,

Waiting on finding out how much a car is going to cost is terrifying these days! Hope it's not too bad.

You are so sweet going out and waiting in the car for the tow truck then going
Home to cook dinner for all. Wow I want a "you" at home.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Charlie!

xxooxx
 
Well, certainly glad it wasn't a fire! Can it be repaired?
 
Hi Charlie

Amazing how these unexpected expenses all seem to come at once - so sorry about your car, do hope it is not too expensive.

You are the BS "darling" of the month, taking care of the car, cooking, looking after your family... Million dollar man I would call you :)

Lol, Sandy xx
 
Some one is going to need to write up a little Adventures of Cyborg Charlie cartoon book -- at the market with his crutches, fending off a fire in the wee dark hours of the night, whipping up some delicious meals....

You are remembering to rest, ice and elevate or we'll have to send the Mamma Hen over!
 
Must be just about time for heading to the land of nod Charlie? It is 5:42 am here...

Hope you get some well earned rest, you have a busy time ahead with all the extra folk for Xmas :)
 
Yes my life does seem to have taken a somewhat dramatic turn(s) of late, and here I was looking forward to a nice quiet uneventful Christmas!!
NO CHANCE!

I had a minor adventure today ... but at least it was me that chose to do it ... not fate!

My father in law gets a lot of visitors after his heart attack which means that my personal space is being invaded a little more than is comfortable, so I decided to strike out by myself!

Sounds interesting?

Not really .... all I did was to catch a bus and go shopping for presents in my local town. It was really great to be independent tho' and getting on and off the bus was a lot easier than I'd anticipated.

I was out for about an hour and a half and walked for about half of that time, the only downside was that because I very rarely use public transport I didn't know when the buses were running so had chilly waits both ways.

My wife said that a couple of people could have offered me a lift but I explained that that wasn't the point! I needed to spread my fledgling wings:loll:

To boldly go where no man has gone before........

Charlie
 
Total hip replacement surgery is not going to keep our Charlie down... Wait is that a knock at the front door.... No! It couldn't be CC, although the Star Ship Enterprise does travel at warp speed...

Nite nite Charlie, at least you can get all the personal space you desire in the land of nod.. sweet dreams :)
 
Charlie, I agree that you deserve the award for BS darling of the month! But I am afraid that you are also going to be voted most likely to catch a dreadful cold if you keep on hanging out in chilly weather. Maybe you should have a couple of those instant heat packs in your back pocket the next time you take out the shuttle craft to boldly explore new worlds.
 
I'm impressed that you went shopping for presents! Did you hear about that survey last week that suggested 0% of men get involved in Christmas preparations, but something like 50% thought, that if they did, they'd make a better job of it........lol

My husband always has to ask me what 'we' have bought everyone.....the only present he physically buys is mine.

Sorry about the car, hope it can be fixed
 
Excellent Chrissy present for Charlie Anita :)

Yep, Lisanewmc, I have the same husband - what did we get so and so! - gotta love them though :)

Especially our Charlie..
 
Hi Gorgeous Ones!!

Taking Anita's point first .... just in case I might be overdoing the fresh air thing, Kate (my missus .... and before I lose brownie points she actually suggested it) went out to clean the car, and I stayed in the warm baking a cake!! How's that for "new" man & new "woman"??:th_heehee:

I had been out Chrissy shopping AGAIN this morning with Kate, the supermarket trolley makes quite a good "zimmer" with fast wheels. It wasn't too bad considering that there's only 4 shopping days left before THE day. Usually it's dog eat dog in our neck of the woods, only the fit, strong and determined, survive (usually female!!).

....and yes the car is back :thumb:. It turned out (those of a non technical nature may want to skip this bit) that as I said at the time, and was contradicted by Firemen and Breakdown people ... that it looked like a water hose had gone, and so it was. The parts came to about £50 and the final bill £150!! HOW DO THEY DO THAT????

Anyway I'm much relieved and very thankful.

So a bit of a sit down and to pay my better half back for doing the car I'm doing leek and potato soup with home baked ham and sweetcorn with freshly made wholemeal bread tonight mmmmm!

Charlie xxx
 
We need to know what KIND of cake...

Soup sounds delicious and the story is great. Now tell us some adventures with the cute pup in your profile picture!

Glad you are so full of energy and doing well, Charlie. :thumb:

Take care,
Cardie
 
charlie

I am impressed not only by your cooking skills but also by your progresss. Even if that does appear to entail repeated trips to the supermarket.

However, isn't this all a sign that milestones are being acheived in our individual recovery journeys?

You do seem to be healing at an impressive rate. Well done!

Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom