Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a look Charlie, any excuse to look at puppies and I'm there.
They are sooo cute.
Great to hear the itchng has eased up.
Take care
Ann
 
Thanks Ann, John & Jen,

John I'm so sorry that anti-histamines don't help you .... if your itchy scratchiness was ANYTHING like mine respect that you're still SANE (ish!).

Jen I loved the "Sir Cyborg" :hysterical: I'm not THAT old!!:th_heehee:

Ann ...I told you so!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!! ... IT WILL LEAD TO WORLD PEACE!!! Vizslas (pups on You Tube anyway) rule OK!!

Charlie
 
Hi there cousin Charlie

So pleased the itches have slowed down, nothing worse..

Jasper is so gorgeous... Still trying to convince Joh to let me have a puppy... no luck so far :(

He did get me some pots to plant a few veggies last weekend.

Yippee we have four days off... Still lounging around in bed at 10:06 am Friday morning... What a luxury..

Happy Easter :)

p.s. Did your Father in Law move on... Sorry... Hmmmm ! Meant move back home?

Lots of love Charlie xoxoxox
 
Hey me again... Just read out your latest food blog to John...

Mmmmmmm Mmmm!

John just said - what time do we go to Charlies for dinner tonight and I wonder what is on the menu?

Seriously though, reading out all the food blogging... My favorite topic of course and Sarah's.... My Lord and Master has finally decided it is time to wake up, get up and now is saying.... All this talk of food is making me hungry - what's for breakfast?
 
Hi Sandy & John,

Thanks for the thoughts, I'm doing ok at the mo .... but I'm writing this in a break from cooking Good Friday lunch for thirteen people .... fortunately we did have a good idea and will be feeding the younger members first with home made Pizzas which they can build themselves!
Main course is roast rib of beef ..... I'll say no more as I'm drooling and have to make the batter mix for my Yorkshire Puds....

Charlie
 
Hi Charlie, you had better set the table for 15, we are on the way!

I Luvvvvvv Yorkshire Puds... not something we see over here!

Good idea about home made pizzas for the young one's...

Enjoy your lunch Charlie :)
 
Hi Sandy,

Made mini Yorkies in a mini muffin tin they were very well received by the assembled munchers! Pizzas also great and all scoffed with great relish, so a good, but very exhausting day. They've all departed now ... whew!! as much as I love them all it's good to get the house back .... until this time next week when another lot arrive!! The perils of a large house!
Sorry Sandy nothing left for John and you they ate the patterns off the plates!!:th_heehee:
...and my Father in Law is STILL here and STILL eating even as I type this, I think he pretends to be ill so we won't turn him out!:DOH:

Chill time..........

Charlie xxx
 
Sending lots of yummy Easter wishes to you and your loved ones Charlie!

It's fun to make lots of Yorkshire pud's so there are some left overs they are delic cold dipped in horseradish, I have some wicked bad habits!

Sandy they are soooooooo easy to make! Jamie Oliver has a great simple recipe for them (we used his version for Christmas eve) I always forget the mix of flour and water. They key is to have the fat and oven HOT and don't let the door open while cooking. Did I get that right Charlie?

Love to all......

xxooxx
 
Excellent Sarah, thanks honey...

Charlie.... I have a big question from John.....

What is the connection with the Easter bunny, easter eggs and the chicken..... The easter bunny brings the eggs.. The chicken must have done a deal with only the easter bunny... the chicken must have a hold over the easter bunny... And what about all the other poor bunnies?
 
Sandy - yeah the chicken made a deal with the Easter Bunny because the EB can hop faster and farther than the chicken can so can deliver more eggs. Plus the Bunny is a symbol of spring time and fertility - new life coming into being - and is cuddlier than a chicken :loveshower:
 
Deb darling...

John know wants to know how the EB gets into his undid drawers and leaves all those eggs.... He now hopes the fertility bit doesnt work or multi breedings, like we had with the mice at xmas......hehe...
 
Hi deb, just typed a long humourous reply from my ph, and lost it..... Will try later.

Lots if love, did u get my email..

Just at the farmers markets

xxxxxxxxxxxx
 
Sandy - tell John the EB borrows Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak each year just so he can sneak into those drawers and hide eggs. Harry gets a special chocolate model of the Sorting Hat as thanks for loaning out his cloak ;) Some years he starts nibbling at the pointy end and some years he starts at the brim. As for the fertility thing - well if you put a male bunny and a female bunny in the same cage pretty soon you're up to your knickers in bunnies! But it's not contagious across species lines. :th_heehee:
 
Phew! John said thank goodness.....xxxx

Just watched sausage making demo! ...... CC, et al... They were lamb, mint, chlli chkcolate..... JA is booked in to learn how to mske our own sausages now...... He loves the cooking classes!
 
WHAT ARE YOU LOT ON ABOUT???? ..... This is my thread ...... not a forum on chocolate and fluffy animals!!:th_heehee:
Sandy sausage making sounds fun but how the heck do you get the meat inside the casing??
Sarah you're close but .........

Jamie's simple Yorkshire pud recipe is:
100 ml milk
100 gms flour
2 eggs
This will make about 8 - 10 fist size puddings, obviously to make more increase ingredients proportionately!
Whizz batter together into a good froth, put a scant 1/2 teaspoon of veg oil in the individual pudding tray (or muffin tin) which goes into the top of a really hot oven (230 C) for 4/5 minutes, remove and carefully pour in batter to each of the moulds just over halfway up. Back into oven for 12 -15 minutes and as Sarah said DON'T OPEN THE DOOR for at least 10 minutes and if you've got an oven with a see through door and a light not until they look done. They should expand alarmingly to 2 - 3 times the batter volume. It's hit and miss whether you prefer them crispy or doughy or somewhere in between only after several tries you'll find the "right" cooking time for you.
ENJOY!!

Charlie Oliver
 
Sorry to high jack your thread Charlie.. We just love being around you I guess :)

I will definitely have a go at the Yorkshire pud recipe.

You asked how do they get the sausage filling into the casing.. Well this fellow had the special machine, but he said that one can use a piping bag.. and that some kitchen appliances have an appropriate attachment.

John is keen to get the proper mincer and the case filler.

What we liked about the sausages were that they were meat and no fillers. Most bought sausages use a binding agent, often rice based because of gluten free. But this recipe and method was pure meat, fresh mint, 70% chocolate, fresh chilli. !!! We tried the finished product and they were yummy!

So JA has been on the net this afternoon sourcing the equipment.... I think he really wanted to be a chef!
 
He's just a frustrated creative .... give him his head and he might become the next Galloping Gourmet!!:th_heehee:
Personally I'm not sure about the Chocolate but maybe I'm a purist ....or just plain boring!! Let us know how it goes.

Charlie
 
Hi All,

Did some GARDENING today .... it was like old times, the wife standing over me bellowing out orders and cracking the whip!!:th_heehee:
It consisted of me putting on my work boots and digging large holes in the stony earth to plant some Laurel bushes ....yes I know some people have ALL the fun
I then cut our lawns with my trusty push along motor mower whilst listening to ABBA's greatest hits on my iPod ....Mama Mia! I hear you say Charlie must be a Super Trouper but it's all about Money Money Money we can't afford a gardner!
I really enjoyed it but i think I'll suffer a little later!

Charlie
Apologies to those who read Sandy's thread first!!
 
LATER ......................
I AM SUFFERING!!!....'tho' not too badly but some of those Iliotibial Band musclely thingy's are a little TIGHT!!!::

Life's back!
C
 
LATER ......................
I AM SUFFERING!!!....'tho' not too badly but some of those Iliotibial Band musclely thingy's are a little TIGHT!!!::

Life's back!
C
I agree on both counts. My IT band is giving me grief and
Life is back!!!!!!! ...owie....
It actually feels good when I walk again, doing the 1/4 mile lap around our office floor a few times a day.

:biggrin::cat-kittyandsmiley:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom