Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got to STOP talking about food ...... not for your sake, but mine! and others like me, those poor unfortunates that feel hungry ALL the time!!
Talking of pups .... I was looking at John Z's thread and his pics of his kittens and one reminded of pictures of Jasper laying in his doggie box .....I'll try and attach them!

Ok I might have done it ....if so enjoy ..... if not ho hum!


Charlie
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
    Jaz hanging out 1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 197
  • [Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
    Jaz hanging out 3.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 185
  • [Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
    Jaz hanging out 4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 177
  • [Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
    Jaz hanging out 5.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 168
Zoinks that Jasper is going to need to be seen by a chiropractor -- sleeping with his head out on the floor like that.....

Nice to see him though -- maybe next time in the flower bed or something a little more, I don't know -- upright???? :doggieshmooze:

Take care,
Cardie
 
:ccheers:Wow Charlie! What a hike. What we won't do for a tall cool one with friends. Congrats on your awesome progress!
 
Charleeeeeeee......for heaven's sake can you buy your baby a bigger bed???? Or at least a softer one that has foam edges???? :th_heehee:

My dog sleeps like that too, but she has a bed with foam sides and does it on purpose, as the bed is plenty big enough for her. Sometimes she'll have her whole front end out of the bed at the entry hole and the rest of her body in the bed. Our crazy dogs!!!
 
Actually he does have a different bed now ..... and with soft sides to match his brain!! It has a real sheepskin in it which he "digs out" so that it's on the floor ... then he lies in the bed and rests his head on the sheepskin on the floor ... and yes it is plenty big enough Jamie!! He's just a loony!

Charlie
 
Had a rotten day today!

I've been having bother with an allergic reaction to ....??? for some weeks now. It started as an itchy rash and a not altogether convincing GP agreed with my, could be erroneous, disgnosis of codeine reaction (darn the internet!!)
I went to see another GP today, one who I think is pretty ok and he said that he believed it was a reaction to one of the pain meds and most probably codeine OR Tramadol, something the first GP hadn't said was possible even tho' I told him I was taking it during the first diagnosis. I know I told him as I had only taken the codeine because I'd run out of Tramadol!! SO I'd carried on taking albeit small doses of Tramadol ... which according to today's GP even a small amount would cause a reaction if I was susceptible ... which I seem to be!
Any body follow that?? I'm having trouble and I wrote it!!
So the upshot is I feel terrible, my hands etc. are very sensitive and very heat intolerant. It's difficult to sleep as I'm constantly getting too hot or snuggling up 'cos I'm too cold!! Result sleep deprivation! NOT GOOD>
Sorry for the whinge :sigh: I know it's not like me but..... but anybody out there any experience of this?

Itchy Scratchy Moody Charlie :sigh:
 
I too have been very itchy and hot since my surgery, but I have not had any strong pain killers. Only the spinal the day of.

My entire abdomen is itchy and sometimes my legs as well.
It feels like I am in scalding water when I get into the hot tub. I scratch with a bath brush but it doesn't make much difference.
I spend the first 20 minutes every morning scratching.

There is NO rash or redness at all.
I have tired many different lotions and antihistamine lotions, nothing makes ANY difference at all.
Perhaps it is the nerves recovering from the spinal??

It has SLOOOOOWLY been getting better, last night was the first night the itching was not there when I was in the hot tub, but I got it later when sleeping.
Overall it has been getting better.

Sorry to hear you are having such issues with it. I was able to just ignore it since scratching it didn't do any good, thought I would scratch holes if I let myself.
 
Thanks John did you seek medical advice?... although I must say the answers I received don't leave me entirely satisfied.
The itchiness is only minor at the moment it's the feeling of over sensitivity ... it's a little like having mild 'flu' without the cough & cold part.
Hope you continue to improve and thanks for your kind thoughts.

Charlie
 
Gents,

I have not really had post surgical itching (except my hands itch like the dickens in my hottub...I have taken to leaving them above water the whole time I'm in and that IS new) but I do have 6 months of winter itch EVERY year that drives me CRAZY. I've tried every over the counter cream and medicine known to man and probably 6-8 prescription ones as well. I dread the winter for that reason alone....

Good luck to you!

Z
 
Dear Itchy Scratchy Moody Charlie - no that's not like our Charlie at all! So sorry to hear about the horrible itching, and I don't have any solution to offer, I'm afraid, except I was wondering whether arnica cream might help?

I had such a laugh at the photos of your dotty dog falling out of his bed, and was going to suggest you got him a bigger bed, but you've already done that. Jeez does that look uncomfortable! It looks as though his head and neck are about to part company with the rest of him. Susie says to tell him that she has an absolutely huge soft duvet, enough for a whole pack of dogs, and actually half the time she curls up into a little tiny ball right in the corner, usually half off the bed and half on, or sleeps on the hard floor. There's no accounting for 'em, is there?

Hang in there, I'm sure someone will come up with a suggestion about the itchiing, like switching pain meds maybe?!
 
Charlie, do you have any Benadryl? That is used for itching here and it is OTC. Works wonders if you can get it. How are you doing otherwise? We seem to have lost touch and I miss you...my fault for taking a break I suppose...

So many new hippies! But that's a good thing.
 
You guys sound like you are knee deep into "menopause" hot flashes itching! Yikes sorry was being playful that sounds awful. Either the medicine or your allergic or have allergies.

The Jasper photos are to adorable he just doesn't care how he sleeps it's funny!! He's such a good looking dog, looks like lots of fun too!

Hey hope the itchy stuff gets solved soon!

Charlie....toad in the hole YUMMY or roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, horseradish mmmm thick home made gravy some veggies classic English Sunday dinner yummy!

Night night,,,,

xxooxx
 
Charlie and Z - is it possible each of you might be allergic to what ever chemical you're using to keep your hot tubs clean? Since both of you have had problems with itching (albeit at different times) and both of you report using a hot tub regularly ..... there is a condition known as hot tub dermatitis - but that usually is associated with a rash and red blisters. One site I saw suggested putting vinegar compresses on the itchy areas - don't know if that would help you. Also some medications can make you more sensitive to heat so maybe the hot tub is not a good idea at this time - and some meds can cause itching just as a side effect .... so for what it's worth there is my $.02 :wink1:
 
Hi Charlie, love the pics of Jasper, he's gorgeous, is he a Ridgeback?

I also have had an itchy torso but am not taking any meds at the moment. I have put it down to either prickly heat or a change in soap powder.
Hope you suss it out soon and manage to get some relief
 
Hi Charlie,

A number of years ago I had something -- which I thought was poison ivy at the time, though it was the end of winter and I'd not been in the yard/woods... After a couple visits to the GP I went to the dermatologist. She diagnosed it as Grover's Disease.. At that time she gave me two topical medications -- one was antibiotic related and the other was fluticasone lotion (Cutivate). It was definitely something that was aggravated by warm water, I'd get out of the shower and be red & itchy on my torso.

So, maybe your spots aren't related to medication at all... :rolleyespink:

As Jane mentions arnica cream, or I also use Calendula gel when someone here has itchy skin. It is maddening, especially when you are trying to sleep.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Hi all you lovelies! (not you JZ!! but hi anyway!) and an especial hi to Janet who's been off the radar for a time!

Thanks for all the advice and especially the support and concern ..... the good news is that, either the exclusion of Tramadol and Codeine, or the new anti-histamines I'm taking seemed to have relieved my symptoms quite a lot today.:dancy::yahoo::yes 4:

Hopefully this is the first step and I'll go from strength to strength! Positive thought!!!

Annie .... Jasper the Ginger Nut is a Hungarian Vizsla, and if you want some truly Aaaahhhh moments go to You Tube and look at "Vizsla Pups" I promise you that if Hitler had seen the videos he wouldn't have invaded Poland!!:hysterical:

SARAH you're still talking dirty on a public website :th_heehee: but funnily enough at the weekend we did have a truly delicious Beef casserole (Jamie Oliver recipe) with sage and red wine plus wonderful Yorkshire puds and Roasties, accompanied by Horseradish sauce and obviously carrots and cauliflower etc. mmmmmm!!

Charlie
 
Glad you have found some relief from the itchies. *scratch scratch*
Anti-histamines don't help mine unfortunately.
 
Good to hear you've had some relief from the itchies Sir Cyborg.

I looked up Viszlas on Youtube. Wow. Jasper must really keep you on your toes. That new hip must be coming in handy eh?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom