THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Sandy but scratching only relieves the itch temporarily but then it comes back with a vengeance!
I did a workout with my better half at the gym today .... if I gave you the impression that Dynamite Debs (Physio) is like a drill sergeant then i take it back, she's a fluffy kitten compared to my missus!!!
We warmed up using some old moves from circuit training classes you know the stuff, Grapevines, Jacks, Leg Pull Downs, Spotty Dogs, Star Jumps etc. which was great fun.
I then did some static bike for 15 minutes whilst she got on her Rowing Machine.
We then did some upper body weights for 20 mins or so. I was well pleased and said "I'll just do some Abs and stretching and that's me for today".
Errmm NO IT WASN'T!!
She had me on the Rower and shouted at me to "Straighten my back ... relax my shoulders .... used my Core ....etc. etc."
I have to say it was really good, probably the best all round exercise I could do at this stage ......so she's forgiven.
Don't worry Jo tomorrow's a lazy day!! Just cutting the hedger and lawn!!

Charlie
 
Dear Jo ..... I WAS JOKING ABOUT THE 30 MILE BIKE RIDE AND THE GETTING UP AT 6 AND GOING TO BED AT MIDNIGHT!!!
:blush:

[Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
 

I've got extra energy at the moment as I itch all over my body and arms!!!:hissyfit:
According to a GP who looked like a young Indian version of Captain Haddock (Tin Tin) I have had an allergic reaction to Codeine!!??.... which has caused a widespread and very itchy rash aaaaarrggghh!
Thing is I don't normally take Codeine but I'd run out of Tramadol so that's another lesson learned the hard way!

Charlie
I have been itchy all over my torso as well since the surgery, I was just attributing it to my allergy to being cut open.
 
Touche Jo!!

Sympathy John, I also got terrible itches just after surgery and was told it was because of the epidural I had. It went away shortly after tho'. This allergy thing is driving me crazy today it's the crawling ants syndrome! Arrrgghhh:hissyfit:

Must try a different anti-histamine!

Charlie
 
I didn't suffer itches, but I kept feeling as though the incision was dripping! For days, no weeks at first I kept saying to John - check my incision please, I think he got so sick of looking at my rear end... poor darling 
 
Hi charlie have read your posts and watched the video you are doing great hope mine goes as well i know we all differ in our recoveries so i will not be rushing anything so it will be plenty of rest and medication all the best Terry
 
How did you manage to get the the services of Steven Spielberg?

Great video. You seem to be doing exceptionally well.

Fantastic!

Dave
 
Terry I'm sure your procedure will be just as successful, now you know even a duffer like me can recover reasonably well!
Dave Steven and I go back a long time .... remember Duel ...well I was the truck driver!!
I haven't heard much from you recently you should I presume everything's hunky dory?

Charlie
 
WOW! Between Dynamite Deb and your wife pushing you at the gym I think the next video will be you in training for the Olympics...

Go, Charlie, Go!! :dancy:
Have a nice weekend, hope you get some rest...
Take care,
Cardie
 
THANKS FOR THOSE POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!
I've just read Jen's last report and you can just "hear" her positivity ...it's wonderful. I am a firm believer in the power of positive thought and not dwelling in the past and feeling like a victim! I think it's called CBT or something like that.
Anyway I'm up a ladder this afternoon in the wonderful British sunshine painting the barn and tomorrow,if I survive the ladder climbing, I'm doing a 3 1/2 mile walk ..... I think I'll take my stick for support just in case.

Have a great weekend wherever you are in the world and .... stay positive:thumb:

Charlie
 
Hi Cus

Totally agree with you the power of positive thought helps to overcome many things in life ;)

Please be careful up the ladder.....sending the Good ole Aussie vibes to keep you safe my good friend.

Enjoy the walk tomorrow, sound wonderful xoxoxox
 
Hi Cuz,
Made it off the ladder .... mainly 'cos wifey banned me from going up it!! I got the really important job of HOLDING it!! But ...... I held it positively! :th_heehee:
Let us know how you're doin' .... please!
 
Cus, the ladder holding job is very important, one needs strong steady hands for that job... Good to hear you were banned from climbing :)

Much love
Sandy xoxoxox
 
For those of you who actually read posts ... rather than just look at the ever changing personal Avatars (...not that your's isn't lovely Jo!) you may remember that I was going on a 3 1/2 mile walk today. Well I've just got back!

It's a beautiful early Spring day, we've just moved our clocks into Summertime so it's green leaves, daffodils, little lambs, chirruping birds, the ocasional butterfly and general ahhhh! .....oh and also sore muscles!!:DOH:

The 3 1/2 miles were as follows:

440 yards flat followed by:
1 1/2 miles vertically upwards followed by:
1 1/2 miles vertically downwards followed by:
440 yards flat

I never saw any of those magical Spring things ... all I saw was a rutted track strewn with loose pebbles, bits of tree, ruts, and tree roots, I daren't look any where but down in case I tripped over!!
The pub was nice ... but again if you're lying in the pub garden on your back gasping for breath and a pint of beer, then all you can see is sky (very nice blue as it happened).
I think I'll go to bed now even though it's only 4.20 pm.... night night!!

Charlie
 
Happy Sunday Charlie,

The stroll to the pub sounds great fun! Funny on the time change we did ours a couple of weeks ago. I was out the other day and looked at my watch my girlfriend was rushing me to get moving and I kept saying no rush we have an hour to kill. Well duh I had forgot to change my watch. Who needs watches :)

Glad you are doing so well.

Have a good week!

Xxooxx
 
Ha ha, Charlie! I can relate to your walk - it sounds like mine - have a look at my thread over on the pre-op side. But mine didn't have a pint of beer at the end of it, only a very concerned friend who was waiting to have lunch with me and didn't realise I was stuck half way up a waterfall and couldn't phone her!

Hey, 3.5 miles, most of it vertical, sounds pretty impressive at just over 2 months post-op. Well done!
 
Thanks Sarah & Jane,

Yes I did actually enjoyed the walk despite the hills!
I took my stick thankfully, I would not have made it without it. I thought that I'd really be suffering tonight but not too bad considering.
I was using muscles that I'd not used for months so I expect tomorrow I'll feel those!!

Charlie
 
Well done Cus, that was a fantastic effort... Oh! I could go a nice cold Bass Chandy right one. Mmmmmmm
 
Hi All,

I just read about Sarah's visit to the dentist, I'm afraid that's where I'm off to tomorrow bright and early!:DOH:
Ever since my operation(s) I've been ever so slightly addicted to sweet things, and most of all MINT HUMBUGS!!! (I don't know whether you North Americans or Aussies have a candy/sweet like them?) They're striped and taste minty, with a hard shell and a chewy middle. The problem is it's very hard to wait for the chewy middle to arrive without crunching the hard shell .... well it is for me!
Yes you've guessed it .... the Humbug was a lot harder than my tooth! ..... twice!!!
I can feel more pain coming both physical, which I can handle and financial, which is more of a problem!!:hissyfit:

Charlie .... soon to be Charlie NumbGum :th_heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom