Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Charlie, darling Charlie... how I have missed you :).

Thank you for emails.

I'm back!!

I will catch up on your posts and write more later.

lots of love and big, big hugs xxxx
 
Charlie

"Dynamite Debbie", "Walnuts", "Nurse..the screens", "tap dancing", "shaking Dynamite Debbie warmly by the throat" !!!!!

You sound as if you are in really good spirits with a great recovery going on.

Keep it up!

Dave
 
Hiya gorgeous Charlie,

So pleased you are doing so well. The lovely Debbie is putting you through the paces. All for a good cause though.

I loved Dave's summary of it - well said Dave :)

But CC look how far you have come, it is absolutely amazing given what you have been through...

Lots of love Charlie, as always xxxx
 
Charlie, congrats on the great results from your visit with the Surgeon! Amazing when you consider that you've had to deal with a replacement, a fall and fracture, and another corrective surgery all within a few months. I tip my cane to you sir!

If I may ask, how did the trampoline feel? I have a rebounder (mini-trampoline) that I am hoping to be able to go back to using it for impact exercises at some point down the line.
 
Hi Guys,
You're too kind:blush:

Yes Dave I do feel positive .... but generally that's me. Why worry about life you'll never get out of it alive!!!:hysterical:
Jen you're right it is a "rebounder" that I used I just didn't know what it was called that!
It feels pretty natural to do do the heel / toe marching so I've got great hopes that eventually I'll get good enough to do back flips and somersaults!:th_heehee:
Interestingly I was reading about broken femurs (as you do) and it seems that they are now inserting "nails" into the bone's core to support the fracture instead of an exterior splint, much as replacement hip prostheses are inserted.
So it appears I've got a "dual purpose" prosthesis which is somehow re-assuring that they used state of the art stuff rather than just winged it!!
I'm pretty pleased today that I have only used my stick twice and that was to dog walk around our meadow which is rough-ish grassland and I've only been weight bearing for 9 days or so.

All the best

Charlie
 
Charlie,

Considering your adventure of the last few months you are really going quite amazing. And I know that I meant to ask...but when you were falling (you know which fall I'm thinking of) were your eyes similar to the puppy in your Avatar? I'm willing to bet they were close...

Keep up the stunning work.....

Z
 
Interestingly I was reading about broken femurs (as you do) and it seems that they are now inserting "nails" into the bone's core to support the fracture instead of an exterior splint, much as replacement hip prostheses are inserted.
Must be an old site because we've been using them things about 25 years now! :th_heehee:
And we were using a more basic kind courtesy of Herr Kunstscher long before that as well!
 
Jo ..... I stand (slightly unsteadily) corrected what I probably should have said is that it was new to me!
Have you heard of the composite of nail and hip prosthesis before? Or is it that they've just used one meant for a much taller person??

Thanks for your kind encouragement John. I can't say what my eyes looked like on the way down but what I can tell you is that when I felt the pain of my broken femur I suspect that the expression on my face ...WAS EXACTLY the same as that of the doggie on my avatar!!!

Charlie
 
Charlie,

I remember the day I realized that "none of us are getting out of this alive"...You are so right then, why worry about much...

Good job on just using the cane a couple of times the other day, I'm still contending with a limp so must use it but that is OK. Glad to hear the weight bearing is going well too. Sure makes it easier to get around.
 
As I write this I've just finished my exercises and my operated leg feels so much stronger that I'm walking almost without a trace of limping. Trouble is I know that after resting, even with ice etc., I'm going to stiffen up again, get sore and limp a little.
This pain is, I reliably informed, NOT lactic acid as I'd always thought, but down to microscopic muscle tears which are in fact new muscle being created when they heal. So it's good and bad!
Hey ho onwards and upwards keep the faith all you Hippies!!

Charlie
ps I thought of posting my own video of me nearly not limping whilst walking up and down my kitchen. But after seeing Z's outstanding video mine may seem a little of an .... errrrm what's the word .... oh yes I remember ....... anticlimax!!:loll:
 
Hi Charlie, just visiting. Sounds like you are doing really, really well. You've been through such a lot and always come up smiling (after looking like a drowning pop-eyed pooch for a few seconds, maybe!)

Thanks for being here!
 
What you are thinking of is a long stemmed implant which serves for revision when there is need for more security within the bone. The same thing works for fixing a fracture in the shaft of femur. They generally come in a great range of lengths to suit all occasions!

 
Awww, make us a video -- I already imagine you as Yul Brenner doing the grape vine exercise... :th_heehee:

Take care,
Cardie
 
Charlie,

I'd love to see your video.

I remember the day you came back to the forum in your calm and classy way and told us that the reason you had been missing from posting was because you had been in the hospital for some days. You were calm and brave (and funny) and you've been a hero of mine since then...

As we discussed, I hope my story might encourage some who are fearful of a pending surgery to be a bit less anxious...not to discourage anyone.

So...when it's convenient, how about that video?? :wink1:

Z
 
I agree about the video!!! They are NEVER, EVER boring to me! I am always happy to see people tooling around on those new joints.
 
Come on Charlie everyone has posted a challenge to you now.

You sound like you are doing so well.

Time to show and tell :)
 
Hi Dave. see you are online on cc's thread. hope all is good? XXXXX
 
Thanks to all for your encouragement and interest, and thanks to Jo for her wealth of knowledge!!
Now in terms of a video ..... I'm looking around for a decent director!
I've tried Scorcese, Nolan, Danny Boyle and the Coens but they're all busy! So it seems that I'll have to do it myself...
Watch this space!!

Charlie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom