Guest viewing is limited

THR We can re-build him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Charlie... Just went looking for you, wondering how you are doing the last couple of days?... from cousin 'cyborg' xx
 
Hi MODERATOR Sandy,
Am I allowed to say that yet?? If not you'll have to edit me:th_heehee:

Not been up to much really apart from stretching and shopping .... yes I've been let loose in the supermarket again, bashing little old ladies out of the way with my crutches!!! :hissyfit:

Went to see the Physio yesterday who brought tears to my eyes with her "new" stretch. Using an elastic thingy I hook my heel up at the back and then tug with all (well not all but most) my strength! WOW it hurts!! But ... another few degrees of movement results!

Good to hear your foot is recovering!

Love Charlie x
 
Sounds like you're doing great, Charlie :thumb: Be careful of those LOLs (little old ladies) at the grocery store - some of them hit back! Oh those elastic thingies though! They have become the bane of my existence ..... newest exercise from PT is to tie one tightly around both legs and do side steps the length of the house (supposed to do 20 steps in each direction but longest space in my house is only 16 steps long) - the cats find this activity highly amusing and somewhat puzzling - me, I just find it ache producing!
 
Hi cousin Charlie... Maybe we can call me 'mod cyborg'.... Hehehe!

Yes, like Deb said, be careful of the little old ladies!!! Some of them may be 'grumpy old women'... :)

I like to think that as I get older, I keep telling my friends that I am going to become eccentric instead of grumpy.. Much more fun.

So pleased you sound like you are doing well CC, slow and steady mate :)


Sounds to me that Deb is skipping the Tango class and going straight to Line Dancing. Hehehehe! @djklaugh:

I experienced a number of LD classes when we lived in Darwin.. But sadly I didn't pass the test at the end due to shocking coordination :(

Watch those kitty cats.. I can just imagine how they would be thinking... Play time with Mum.

Boy are you doing well though! xx
 
15 Feb 10:06 pm.. Hi Cus... Just checkin in with you, hopefully you are snoring your head off :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
 
Hi Sandy et al.

Yep life goes on here ..... still waiting to be able to fully weight bear, a week on Friday is the magic day.
I just realised yesterday that it's 3 months since I was able to "walk" without crutches, because of my "setback" in January! I'm getting stir crazy and a little frustrated but remain determined to be patient and be Captain Sensible for as long as it takes.
I'm full of admiration for those on the forum and elsewhere that go through a long term disability and I think hopefully that I'll never take for granted a simple thing like just being able to walk and go about life without encumberance.
My long suffering wife is a little happier tho' as I've been doing most of the cooking for the last couple of weeks... it passes the time and gives me a bit of self respect .... also I'm a better cook!!!:hysterical:

Charlie
 
Gidday from OZ, my Captain Sensible, cousin cyborg, friend .....

Yes patience, it is such a difficult emotion to deal with at the best of times. But for you, you were kindda cheated with your false start at freedom..

Never mind darling Charlie, every thing comes to those who wait... so they say! I am still waiting for that big lotto win that John promises me! so that I can retire....Heheheh!

Pleased to hear you are brushing up on your advanced cooking skills. Have you ever seen www.simplyrecipes.com site.. I often jump on it for new inspiration.

Gotta run to get ready for work my good friend, sending cyber hugs and love xxxxx from your OZ cousin
 
Hello Captain Sensible,
Glad to hear the healing is coming along. I hope that being a good sensible boy is not hurting too much. While rushing to catch a train the other day I almost fell down a flight of subway steps. Luckily Captain Sensible must have been close by because I do still make sure to hold the railing. Definitely thought of you in that moment, but only most fondly.
Anita
 
Hi Girls ... and boys,

Thanks for your messages.

Sandy thanks for the weblink I'm always on the lookout for new recipes.... I don't know why I've got a trillion cookbooks and have only scratched the surface .... are you like me, love new things but tend to stick to favourites during the week?

Anita your message made the hairs on my neck stand up!! .... and I've just had a haircut (which incidentally my wife says makes me look like Yul Brinner in the King & I:DOH:)
After my meeting with the ground in January I've become so careful as to be almost Niles Crane-like (Frasier?). I think I may dream of subway steps tonight:sleep:

Love Charlie xx
 
Yes, I love cooking and growing my own vegetables, fruit etc. etc.

But sadly during the week, its a bit pot luck really because of working..

I used plan 8 weeks of menus and the associated shopping lists, it worked really well and we saved heaps of housekeeping because meals were planned... But I haven't got back into that since the op and now finding it hard to get back into the kitchen... It seems it is not my domain anymore!

Talking about taking it easy and not slipping or having a fall... I also had a close call at work the other day... There is several blind corners and the other person cut the corner and was running.. Luckily it was on my operated side and I put my hand out to prevent a full on collision...
 
Hi Charlie,

You always make my day brighter after reading your posts! Glad you are rebounding well. Oh my goodness Yul Bruner is-was a total hunk!

Anita your tale is horrifying just to think about YIKES! I admire our NY hippies dealing with the city, bazillion people walking around, traffic and the subway would really scare me. Even before my surgery riding on the trains and the big gaps between the train and curb would freak me out! That's a lot of concentrating to do!

Thanks for the website Sandy it has some nice recipes on it!

Love to all....

xxooxx
 
Hi CC,

Don't know if you like the.....

We went for a Yum Cha for lunch today, SO's favourite!! He is more daring than I - always has chickens feet... Gies back to the many years in the military, eat what you can when you can....

Glad you liked the site Sarah, it is a good source of inspiration... Given up buying food magazines now... Must be improving, thinking about food again..
 
Hi Girls (wot no boys??)

Sarah I'm so sorry to disappoint but I think that my missus only drew the comparison between Yul and me because of the hair (lack of) style!
Anyway I'm much better looking than him ...... mainly because he died in 1985!!

Sandy I used to go for Dim Sum when I was in Hong Kong all the time. We used to try to find "authentic" places where there were no Gweilos on the assumption that it would be better and cheaper!
The trouble was that when we'd found these places the staff very rarely spoke English so most of the communication was done in sign language and pointing at what you wanted from the many trolleys containing exotic DIm Sum.
We did have a memorable problem when we pointed at one dish we looked like seafood only for the waitress to shake her head and wave her hand at us dismissively. We insisted despite her protestations and finally she gave us the dish with one of those looks which said "on your head be it!".

It was absolutely disgusting!!! It didn't taste of much but it was just cartilage which broke up in your mouth and a jelly like substance. Both of us grabbed our serviettes and got rid of the vile stuff. The waitress was in fits of laughter and was telling all the other diners who joined in the merriment.

The joke was well and truly on us but we didn't mind. Through complicated sign language we established that it wasn't seafood but some part of a chicken!
But which part? We went for feet but no ..... it was chicken's tongue!!

Be warned ... it's even worse than sea slug but that's another story!!

Have a great weekend.

Charlie xx
 
As a child of West African immigrants, I grew up watching them cook and eat some pretty "interesting" animal parts but jellied chicken tongue would have sent me running.

How is the range of motion coming?
 
How much longer are you restricted with weight bearing Charlie?
 
Hi Girls,

Thanks for the messages.

My ROM is improving gradually, little by little my concrete thigh is getting the message that it would better just to relax ... I'm going to see the lovely Debbie my Physio a couple of times this week so fingers crossed things will progress nicely.

I can fully weight bear on Friday this week:dancy: yippeee!! Yep It'll be six weeks post op so It's all happening this week.

Watch this space.......

Charlie
ps I tried to post a pic of my Ginger Nut trying to find a snowball in the snow but I'm not sure where it's gone:scratch:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] We can re-build him...
    IMG_7352.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 182
Hi Charlie,

I hope this week goes well for you and that the full weight bearing might help your quads settle down some more. Are you still working your knee with the elastic band? Does your gal Debbie suggest a heating pad on the quads at the end of the day -- or anything else that helps them settle?

Always nice to see Jasper -- hope he got to the snowball...
Take care,
Cardie
 
Hiya Charlie. Been thinking of you. Can't type much but just wanted you to know...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom